TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

'When Strickland described Armstrong, he referred to her as a "participant" at bicycle races while he is a "racer". Strickland also said he told Armstrong in the past she does not need to ride with him because she "holds him back," according to the affidavit. Strickland also told police that Armstrong normally feels as though he's "grumpy" while training because he has to wait on Armstrong due to her not being able to ride at a professional level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mo Wilson was by all accounts an incredible woman, way beyond the gravel racing. Dartmouth grad who did international work, considerably younger than KA, and a rising star on the bike: I can imagine her as the perfect storm to KA.

An earlier poster mentioned similarities to the Mark Gerardot / Jennair Gerardot / Meredith Chapman case in Pennsylvania back in 2018 - I see a lot of similarities to that case as well. Guessing that KA rode the bike back to her car parked a short distance away (Jennair Gerardot parked a rented car down the street and approached disguised). The one difference of course is that Jennair committed murder/suicide at the house. I will be [pleasantly] surprised if KA is found alive.

I wonder what the LE profile is for KA post-murder of MW and in relation to a possible suicide. If she was suicidal, would it have been more likely that she would have committed suicide that night at her home in an emotional state so that CS would have to deal with it? Or hide from CS what she had done and go somewhere else to commit suicide? Or not? I wonder what the profilers would say about this.

Returning the gun to your home only makes sense to me if you plan to take it with you, either for your safety or to dispose of it remotely.

If you took time to stash a bicycle that was not involved in the crime, why wouldn't you also dispose of the gun at the same time?

Returning the gun to your home only makes sense to me if you plan to take it with you, either for your safety or to dispose of it remotely.

If you took time to stash a bicycle that was not involved in the crime, why wouldn't you also dispose of the gun at the same time?
I wonder if she had the gun with her, thought maybe she would use it if she had the chance but had no concrete plans, and then saw her chance but didn’t think it through thoroughly?

Now, 11 days after the murder, I don't hold out much hope that she is alive.

I think she'll be found in the general area, possibly in a place that she and CS thought was special.

Meanwhile, CS has a racing circuit to fulfill. No wonder he sounds angry. ( sarcasm font). This looks like the beginning of the summer racing season. If we just look at the US based races upcoming:

There's a race on Thursday, Mar 26 in Titusville, PA

In the next two weeks, there are 12 races, all over the northern half of the US, from WV to BC

KA just fouled up his entire summer.

Meanwhile, CS has a racing circuit to fulfill. No wonder he sounds angry. ( sarcasm font). This looks like the beginning of the summer racing season. If we just look at the US based races upcoming:

There's a race on Thursday, Mar 26 in Titusville, PA

In the next two weeks, there are 12 races, all over the northern half of the US, from WV to BC

KA just fouled up his entire summer.
Well lying and deceit have consequences. JMO.

I believe there is some likelihood that KA left the area before LE could get their ducks in a row, and may have even fled the country, though I think more likely she is in hiding somewhere not too far away from Austin. I think the highest risk of her committing suicide is if she feels the walls closing in around her, and thinks the gig is almost up. I do hope she is found and taken without harm, because I am very, very curious to hear her side of everything leading up to MW's murder. While CS seems more than willing to throw her under the bus in all of this, I wonder who may have been driving that bus. I have to wonder if he perhaps was basically tired of her, and only stayed with her because she was room and board, and a business partner. I also wonder if he was particularly careful in being secretive about any relationship with MW. I think KA had been onto them since she first found out in January. JMO

I believe there is some likelihood that KA left the area before LE could get their ducks in a row, and may have even fled the country, though I think more likely she is in hiding somewhere not too far away from Austin. I think the highest risk of her committing suicide is if she feels the walls closing in around her, and thinks the gig is almost up. I do hope she is found and taken without harm, because I am very, very curious to hear her side of everything leading up to MW's murder. While CS seems more than willing to throw her under the bus in all of this, I wonder who may have been driving that bus. I have to wonder if he perhaps was basically tired of her, and only stayed with her because she was room and board, and a business partner. I also wonder if he was particularly careful in being secretive about any relationship with MW. I think KA had been onto them since she first found out in January. JMO
For sure he was secretive and deceptive. As to why he stayed with KA I think your theory is probably right IMO which is very sad.

I really wonder what kind of relationship KA perceived herself as being in, because from the outside looking in, this certainly didn't seem to be a compelling. CS is living as a pro athelete in a super niche sport, in KA's house. They've been together for years with no apparent commitment. She "has to" threaten another woman to stay away from her man. And yet "her man" is hiding phone numbers, text messages and illicit getaways with this woman and probably others. SMH. MOO.

I think KA's hatred of MW had to do with a twisted perception that she had everything she wanted: youth, athleticism, a top spot in gravel cycling, and CS's (fleeting) attention. But had MW bowed out and stayed away, what then? KA goes back to another interminable period of supporting CS and handling the books for his hobby-business while he is "grumpy" that she can't keep up with him as an elite athlete? Or does KA think that they both then ride off into the gravel-trailed sunset together? The other woman was never the issue in the relationship. MOO.

Last edited:
I hope one of her friends can tell us why KA and CS split in the first place and when.

I would have to suspect it was because CS was cheating, maybe with someone other than MW.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can rely on CS to tell us the whole truth about the situation.

Cynically, I would say it's likely they split up at the end of racing season and he conveniently came back to her when he needed a place to stay for the winter other than the trailer, and when the Red Bull funds were depleted.

I really wonder what kind of relationship KA perceived herself as being in, because from the outside looking in, this certainly didn't seem to be a compelling. CS is living as a pro athelete in a super niche sport, in KA's house. They've been together for years with no apparent commitment. She "has to" threaten another woman to stay away from her man. And yet "her man" is hiding phone numbers, text messages and illicit getaways with this woman and probably others. SMH. MOO.

I think KA's hatred of MW had to do with a twisted perception that she had everything she wanted: youth, athleticism, a top spot in gravel cycling, and CS's (fleeting) attention. But had MW bowed out and stayed away, what then?
Right. To outsiders it would not be an ideal relationship but it was important to her…

In the affidavit it says how MW’s friend that she was staying with, CC, left her apartment with MW there and then when MW told her she was going out with CS CC returned to talk to MW about it. I think that MW did end things with CS and he had convinced her to see him while she was in Austin, maybe with a lie of some sort, and so she had gone not knowing the danger that she was in at all of course. And CC probably didn’t think it was a good idea because of her previous issues with CS.

I think KA's hatred of MW had to do with a twisted perception that she had everything she wanted: youth, athleticism, a top spot in gravel cycling, and CS's (fleeting) attention. But had MW bowed out and stayed away, what then?
Yes. And also, the bike teams are like family. They share a common bond and at the elite level, there was no place for KA. CS was very dismissive and condescending about KA in the interview. He’s an athlete sponsored by Red Bull. Of course KA, as the girlfrien, would hold him back. What professional athlete ever says that about their partner? Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth