TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this hits my hinky-meter

If MW is shot insider her locked residence, going out of your way to hide the bicycle makes no sense at all. It's not as if anyone is going to think she is missing because her bicyle is missing, without entering the house and searching it.

Why would KA bother to move MW's bike? That has nothing to do with the crime where MW is shot inside the house. That doesn't make the murder look like a bicycle accident.

The person who would associate MW with a bike is, of course, fellow bicycle racer CS.

She could have been trying to make it look like a robbery. Racing bikes are expensive.

Psychologically, I think disposing of the racing bike given her significant other's connection would have given her great satisfaction. JMHO.

She has so completely disappeared that I wonder if she is still alive. I am sure they would have a sense of where she was if there was any bank activity. They would know if anyone was helping her as well.

She could have been trying to make it look like a robbery. Racing bikes are expensive.

Psychologically, I think disposing of the racing bike given her significant other's connection would have given her great satisfaction. JMHO.

She has so completely disappeared that I wonder if she is still alive. I am sure they would have a sense of where she was if there was any bank activity. They would know if anyone was helping her as well.

Yes, I have to agree as I think of it more.

Or maybe MW's bike would be the commonality MW had with CS and KA would want to destroy that, just as she destroyed MW.

I dunno. I can see it both ways.

But dumping the bike is another odd part of all this. And a behaviour risky enough to be part of a rage murder.

Last edited:
There is mention of KA previously living abroad. Do we know where that was?

I'd think living in the UK, for example, would be a substantially different kind of survival skill than living in Mexico as a realtor, or Thailand as a boutique owner. As examples.

The clearest international border is, of course, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. That's about 4 hours. I don't know if the US would have license plate readers for people crossing into Mexico there. I believe there are several other border crossings in the general area that are much quieter.

As above, a review of her bank accounts is probably leading LE to issue the APB as if she is still in the area, but perhaps deceased.

Last edited:
ional attention and risk of being seen? Maybe she did that before allegedly shooting her. Or maybe MW saw that happen through the window and it caused her to open the door to see what was happening.
Could KA have moved the bike in a panic after shooting MW, to try to throw off LE and make it look like someone wanted to steal her bike and shot her during the theft? IIRC from earlier posts, KA didn't get home until around 9:30 p.m. or 10 p.m. that night, according to CS, so what was she doing during that time, moving the bike, driving around trying to figure out what to do, taking money out of her ATM, etc.?

Edited to correct time that KA returned home that night. This article, below, says that CS told LE that KA returned home at 9:20 p.m. the night of MW's murder.

Last edited:
Could KA have moved the bike in a panic after shooting MW, to try to throw off LE and make it look like someone wanted to steal her bike and shot her during the theft? IIRC from earlier posts, KA didn't get home until around 9:30 p.m. or 10 p.m. that night, according to CS, so what was she doing during that time, moving the bike, driving around trying to figure out what to do, taking money out of her ATM, etc.?
This was my thought as well - that she moved the bike to throw police off what the reason for the murder was.

This article says that CS told LE that KA returned home at 9:20 p.m. on May 12th, the night of MW's murder, according to the article posted below.

I wonder what that night was like, it was less than an hour after KA had shot MW, and CS had sent those misleading texts to KA about where he had been, etc. So KA knew he had been lying, she had probably followed them or at least staked out the house where MW was staying and most likely watched CS drop off MW on his motorcycle.

If CS didn't know anything was out of the ordinary, which I doubt, then she had to be acting as cool as a cucumber that evening. The next day is the last time CS saw KA, according to his statement to LE.

Does anyone know the law regarding "crimes of passion" in Texas? I assume that since she had a gun with her that would should premeditation, and hence not able to claim a crime of passion defense.

Would her lawyer be able to argue that when she saw them together she lost it and committed a crime of passion? I think it would be quite a stretch, but I wonder about Texas law and case precedents on this.

She could claim that she had the gun with her for protection, and then saw them together at MW's house and lost it. That she was following CS's Strava map and was confused because he said he was going to deliver flowers somewhere, and so she was concerned and followed him on the map and then came upon them at the Maple Street residence in East Austin.

Just wondering what all the lawyers think of a possible defense that KS might try to use if she is alive and is apprehended or turns herself in.

I found it odd too that in the affidavit it had the part where CS basically put KA down regarding her cycling abilities. Would that be a normal thing to put in an affidavit? It really didn’t have anything to do with the murder, did it? It showed his personality but that’s it. IMO.

Something else that I think CS is lying about is CC. I think KA knew CC and KA may have even been inside before. I found it odd that LE asked CS rather than CC if KA had been to CC's before. For instance wouldn't it be possible KA thought she was shooting CC instead of KA, especially with how quickly the shooting apparently happened? It would have been awfully risky to go to that apartment to shoot MW without knowing if CC was there as well, which for instance KA might have known CC wasn't there because her vehicle wasn't there but that would mean CS lied about KA knowing CC.
Who is CC?

Does anyone know if the Austin gravel race that MW was in town to compete in was just for women? Or was CS planning to compete in that race, also?

I can't help but wonder if CS targeted MW some time ago because she was a"leader" in their field, and he never planned to be in a long term romantic relationship with her, but wanted this relationship in place in order to exercise some control/power over her that would keep his position as a "leader" in place. I am not saying that this was conscious on his part necessarily, but I do find his statements to LE about his abilities and position in the cycling field (at least gravel racing) and the statement that he put out about MW's death to be odd, to say the least. He seems to be detached from it all, with the formal language he uses.

Wonder if Red Bull will keep him on as one of their promotional athletes.

Does anyone know if the Austin gravel race that MW was in town to compete in was just for women? Or was CS planning to compete in that race, also?

I can't help but wonder if CS targeted MW some time ago because she was a"leader" in their field, and he never planned to be in a long term romantic relationship with her, but wanted this relationship in place in order to exercise some control/power over her that would keep his position as a "leader" in place. I am not saying that this was conscious on his part necessarily, but I do find his statements to LE about his abilities and position in the cycling field (at least gravel racing) and the statement that he put out about MW's death to be odd, to say the least. He seems to be detached from it all, with the formal language he uses.

There was a men's race and a women's race. Gravel Locos: A race, a ride, a remembrance

I would be very surprised if they do…

Looks like CA travelled around the world for some of his races, so if KS went with him during their relationship over the last few years, then she would definitely have a passport.

An earlier poster mentioned similarities to the Mark Gerardot / Jennair Gerardot / Meredith Chapman case in Pennsylvania back in 2018 - I see a lot of similarities to that case as well. Guessing that KA rode the bike back to her car parked a short distance away (Jennair Gerardot parked a rented car down the street and approached disguised). The one difference of course is that Jennair committed murder/suicide at the house. I will be [pleasantly] surprised if KA is found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member