TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone else think it’s strange that the gun was found on the 12th, the interview of CS was on the 12th and KA’s release was on the 12th (based on the apparent info in the affidavit) BUT the last time CS “spoke to” KA (per the affidavit) was the next day on the 13th? Doesn’t that mean she spent the night of the 12th with CS and then he last spoke with her the next day? The last night with KA and the conversation on the 13th are very curious considering the guns had been found and taken the day before. Really makes one wonder about those conversations and the final one between CS and KA.

In the affidavit it says how MW’s friend that she was staying with, CC, left her apartment with MW there and then when MW told her she was going out with CS CC returned to talk to MW about it. I think that MW did end things with CS and he had convinced her to see him while she was in Austin, maybe with a lie of some sort, and so she had gone not knowing the danger that she was in at all of course. And CC probably didn’t think it was a good idea because of her previous issues with CS.

"And CC probably didn’t think it was a good idea because of her previous issues with CS."

I haven't read anything about CC having issues with CS

What am I missing?

"And CC probably didn’t think it was a good idea because of her previous issues with CS."

What am I missing?

Yeah all the information points toward CS not being so distant from the whole thing in many ways. The fact that CC was already worried about MW being with CS is telling too.

What am I missing?
I was just speculating. Sorry - it was all IMO. It’s just that the affidavit made a point of saying that CC left her apartment, and MW was there, and then when she received the info from MW saying that she was going out with CS CC returned to her apartment to talk to MW about it. I was just speculating that CC returned because she wanted to discuss the meeting with MW - maybe she didn’t think it was a good idea? Why else would she return to talk to her about it? I’m sure that MW’s friends, like most people’s friends, would be concerned about that situation.

I noticed this in the first post on this thread, quoted from the DM (!)

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the
one-week dalliance in January.

One -week dalliance?

I wonder if it was CS that supplied that information, so as to reduce his guilt. He was deceiptful about his relationship with MW in his twitter statement after the murder . If MW was still wondering about the status of their relationship in May, 7 months after it started in October, it was certainly NOT a one-week dalliance.

CS caught in another lie?

Last edited:
I was just speculating. Sorry - it was all IMO. It’s just that the affidavit made a point of saying that CC left her apartment, and MW was there, and then when she received the info from MW saying that she was going out with CS CC returned to her apartment to talk to MW about it. I was just speculating that CC returned because she wanted to discuss the meeting with MW - maybe she didn’t think it was a good idea? Why else would she return to talk to her about it? I’m sure that MW’s friends, like most people’s friends, would be concerned about that situation.

Is CC a professional rider, too? Is she privy to the relationship of CS and KA?

Did KA even know CC?

The part I recall of CS's statement strikes me as angry.

Angry at KA. Not so much for the murder, but for causing HIM problems. Endangering his future. And he is lying all the way. In his statement he lies about the relationship to MW, then expresses no grief or distress at all about KA's disappearance - the woman that is his girlfriend, the one he lives with, the one he returned to. No concern for whatever caused her to murder a person.

Yeah. He is really worried about that Red Bull contract, for sure. That big flashy truck and the RV were done with Red Bull money. This is all about him and his $$$.

*Edited by me to remove comments that were incorrect.
This part of his statement struck me as odd: "There is no way to adequately express the regret and torture I feel about my proximity to this horrible crime". Who uses the word "proximity"? With all due respect to @gitana1 I think that statement was wordsmithed by an attorney.

So this is reminding me of Jodi Arias and Shayna Hubers, only they killed their boyfriends, not the rival love interest… just the craziness of it all. The only other case it reminds me of as well is the clown killer arrested in the news recently, Sheila Keen who is accused of killing Marlene Warren years ago to later marry Marlene’s husband; but even in that case it was the mistress murdering the wife.

I don’t recall a lot of cases where women have killed affair partners of their husband/boyfriend. Can anyone point me to any?

This part of his statement struck me as odd: "There is no way to adequately express the regret and torture I feel about my proximity to this horrible crime". Who uses the word "proximity"? With all due respect to @gitana1 I think that statement was wordsmithed by an attorney.

Oh SNAP!

That is exactly what has been bothering me about that statement. In a situation that should be very emotional, there is a very technical distant term, proximity. This sentence does not need that phrase and reads very well and appropriate without the phrase " my proxmity to". He's measuring how liable he is for charges with that term.

"There is no way to express my sadness about this terrible crime." would have been fine.

And who uses the word TORTURE. What an awful words to use in your first public statement about a colleague, a friend, and a one-time romantic fling.

It should never have been in that statement. Because it's about HIM. AGAIN

He is TORTURED, isn't he. He's feeling extremely sorry for himself. There's REGRET for something too, but we don't quite know what and he really opens himself up to LE psychological scrutiny with that one.

Not any comment about KA, who was supposed to be a girlfriend, or MW.

He may have had some guilt feelings that needed an attorney's input or perhaps he had to craft something that the Red Bull folks would approve of.

I keep thinking he really thinks of him self as a top elite athlete, reaching for stardom and he needs to maintain that superstar presence through these inappropriate statements.

I don't think any lawyer specializing in criminal defense would have let him write this.

So this is reminding me of Jodi Arias and Shayna Hubers, only they killed their boyfriends, not the rival love interest… just the craziness of it all. The only other case it reminds me of as well is the clown killer arrested in the news recently, Sheila Keen who is accused of killing Marlene Warren years ago to later marry Marlene’s husband; but even in that case it was the mistress murdering the wife.

I don’t recall a lot of cases where women have killed affair partners of their husband/boyfriend. Can anyone point me to any?
The diaper astronaut woman attacked, luckily did not murder.
Of all the cases we have followed, I can't recall any.

hmmm.

In the affidavit it says a witness reported hearing someone running down the steps of the house between 830 and 930pm and observed someone on a bike going southbound. The bike was found dumped south of the house.
Excellent bit of info! Thank you!

This makes me lean towards the bike being taken from the scene after the crime occurred as a misdirect and/or as an extra hurt to the victim if she did survive. MOO.

Personally I think he knew the stuff he already told them and trying to characterize his reason for a statement was awkward because he was very close to the whole thing. Almost a statement of acknowledgment that this was connected to him somehow.

Excellent bit of info! Thank you!

This makes me lean towards the bike being taken from the scene after the crime occurred as a misdirect and/or as an extra hurt to the victim if she did survive. MOO.
Been thinking about this and I almost wonder if it was a trophy or something. At first I thought it was to make it look like a robbery but honestly the fact that it was out of the bag and maybe ridden (per the neighbor/landlord) made me wonder if she was trying to escape with it.

I’m mystified by so many comments about the boyfriend (sorry—can’t remember his initials) “playing” the victim <modsnip>

And I have my doubts that the killer would commit suicide. Maybe if she’d killed her boyfriend, too, but this murder sounds less like a self-destructive downward spiral, and more like an ego-driven rage killing (“How DARE she! She doesn’t know who she’s dealing with. I’m smarter and had him first. I planned it and plotted a bicycle getaway and I WILL get away with this.“) I think she’s in hiding, perhaps in a foreign country, trying to figure out her next move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m mystified by so many comments about the boyfriend (sorry—can’t remember his initials) “playing” the victim

I share your surprise <modsnip> While CS might be (IMO) a smarmy, arrogant cheater who speaks poorly of his partner, that’s makes him a jerk - and (IMO) ‘jerk justice’ doesn’t include losing one woman in his life at the hands of another.

ETA: grammar

I’m mystified by so many comments about the boyfriend (sorry—can’t remember his initials) “playing” the victim <modsnip>

And I have my doubts that the killer would commit suicide. Maybe if she’d killed her boyfriend, too, but this murder sounds less like a self-destructive downward spiral, and more like an ego-driven rage killing (“How DARE she! She doesn’t know who she’s dealing with. I’m smarter and had him first. I planned it and plotted a bicycle getaway and I WILL get away with this.“) I think she’s in hiding, perhaps in a foreign country, trying to figure out her next move.
I think it is clear that MW was trying to get a straight answer from CS as to where she stood in the relationship and where it was going - or not going, in the text she sent to him after seeing him at some event with KA. So this implies to me that she was surprised to see them together, so CS must have told MW that he was no longer in a romantic relationship with KA, perhaps said it was a business relationship, or other. Even his reply to MW's text said something to the effect that he probably shouldn't have brought KA to that event, so yes, it does sound like he was playing MW and that she was going around in circles, as she said in her text to him, trying to figure it all out.

I was wondering if MW and CS were competing in the same races in 2022, where they might possibly be meeting up.

I can see that MW was riding and winning in two major races in April, but I can't find CS's name on the rosters in the comparable men's races.

It's very possible they didn't see each other more than a couple of times since January.

I think it is clear that MW was trying to get a straight answer from CS as to where she stood in the relationship and where it was going - or not going, in the text she sent to him after seeing him at some event with KA. So this implies to me that she was surprised to see them together, so CS must have told MW that he was no longer in a romantic relationship with KA, perhaps said it was a business relationship, or other. Even his reply to MW's text said something to the effect that he probably shouldn't have brought KA to that event, so yes, it does sound like he was playing MW and that she was going around in circles, as she said in her text to him, trying to figure it all out.
Totally agree with you. CS was clearly lying to KA. And MW did not lie to her friend about seeing CS. It seems that CS asked her out that night and she agreed. They went to a public place to do an activity. Who knows what he told her about the status of his relationship with KA…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong