TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m mystified by so many comments about the boyfriend (sorry—can’t remember his initials) “playing” the victim—<modsnip>

And I have my doubts that the killer would commit suicide. Maybe if she’d killed her boyfriend, too, but this murder sounds less like a self-destructive downward spiral, and more like an ego-driven rage killing (“How DARE she! She doesn’t know who she’s dealing with. I’m smarter and had him first. I planned it and plotted a bicycle getaway and I WILL get away with this.“) I think she’s in hiding, perhaps in a foreign country, trying to figure out her next move.

It's because the affidavit shows a text exchange with CS deceiving MW as to his relationship with both of them, making KA out to be crazy to MW. MW doesn't live in Austin but was in town from San Francisco and CS was actively gaslighting MW. CC - whose place she was staying - specifically went back home to talk to her about seeing CS once CC found out...we don't know what the conversation was, but it could have been trying to fill her in since she lived out of state as was being lied to by CS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is clear that MW was trying to get a straight answer from CS as to where she stood in the relationship and where it was going - or not going, in the text she sent to him after seeing him at some event with KA. So this implies to me that she was surprised to see them together, so CS must have told MW that he was no longer in a romantic relationship with KA, perhaps said it was a business relationship, or other. Even his reply to MW's text said something to the effect that he probably shouldn't have brought KA to that event, so yes, it does sound like he was playing MW and that she was going around in circles, as she said in her text to him, trying to figure it all out.

And he admits he lied to KA about where he was that evening.

If KA found out about MW in January, she would be bright enough to be monitoring the racing schedules to see if MW and CS were racing in the same places. He was having to hide MW's texts and number on his phone under a phony name.

Clearly, KA would have known if MW was going to attend the race in Austin on May 14, and that MW would be staying in Austin and likely with CC.

KA must have been stewing about this for weeks.

But even so, there is absolutely no justification at all for murder and no man (or woman) is worth doing this for.

As I think of this now, I think KA could have been plotting this for weeks, and have made plans to escape and depart the country, cash out etc. Not as impulsive an act as I first assumed.

Last edited:
What is absolutely WEIRD to me is CS bought guns, I believe the month before KA found out about the fling. Christmas present maybe?

But what stands out to me, is crazy people who murder don’t just snap IMO, in 99.9% cases people around them pretty much knew/saw the signs. CS hid any communication with MW from KA, even if platonic as he anticipated probably a pretty unhinged reaction.

Why buy someone like that a GUN?!!!!

Also, if I was going to kill someone, I certainly wouldn’t show up 1 MINUTE after they are dropped off by someone I know! Wouldn’t the normal person wait til CS was a few minutes away instead of arriving at almost the exact time??? 1 minute. 60 seconds. Something seems hinky to me. IMO

ETA: if I were going to kill someone, the LAST thing I would do is let someone know:
“I have a gun, I hate this person so I’m going to kill them.”

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

For me, the text that MW sent to CS shows her maturity and that she was trying to get an answer from him about the relationship, where it stood and where it was going, if anywhere. We don't know what CS was telling her, even about his living arrangements. Maybe he told her that he was hoping to move out this year, who knows. I agree that MW was a strong and independent young woman, and also perhaps very trusting and sincere, believing that others would reciprocate and shared her values. She may not have had a lot of experience with dating and in relationships. She was only 25 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is absolutely WEIRD to me is CS bought guns, I believe the month before KA found out about the fling. Christmas present maybe?

But what stands out to me, is crazy people who murder don’t just snap IMO, in 99.9% cases people around them pretty much knew/saw the signs. CS hid any communication with MW from KA, even if platonic as he anticipated probably a pretty unhinged reaction.

Also, if I was going to kill someone, I certainly wouldn’t show up 1 MINUTE after they are dropped off by someone I know! Wouldn’t the normal person wait til CS was a few minutes away instead of arriving at almost the exact time??? 1 minute. 60 seconds. Something seems hinky to me. IMO

Something does seem off about the timing, like I think perhaps that was KA leaving after having used CS's bike rather than KA arriving. It doesn't make sense that KA arrived a minute after CS unlocked the door, was able to go up the apparently noisy stairs and then kill her in the bathroom without CS screaming or anything and not knowing if CC (the tenant of that apartment) was also home.

This is new to me about KA’s vehicle being missing as well

“Federal agents said Saturday that Kaitlin Marie Armstrong, accused of killing a cyclist who had once dated her boyfriend, remains at large.

Agents said they have not found Armstrong's black Jeep Cherokee, Texas license plate LDZ5608, and believe it’s possible she could be still driving it or abandoned it around Austin.

The U.S. Marshals issued a wanted poster asking the public to call 800-336-0102 if they see the car or have any information about Armstrong’s whereabouts.”

For me, the text that MW sent to CS shows her maturity and that she was trying to get an answer from him about the relationship, where it stood and where it was going, if anywhere. We don't know what CS was telling her, even about his living arrangements. Maybe he told her that he was hoping to move out this year, who knows. I agree that MW was a strong and independent young woman, and also perhaps very trusting and sincere, believing that others would reciprocate and shared her values. She may not have had a lot of experience with dating and in relationships. She was only 25 years old.
It was a very mature and kind text actually.

Here is link that goes directly to the obituary at the funeral home with information on the Celebration of Life service for Moriah and memorial funds that the family has set up for contributions in Moriah's memory.

So this is reminding me of Jodi Arias and Shayna Hubers, only they killed their boyfriends, not the rival love interest… just the craziness of it all. The only other case it reminds me of as well is the clown killer arrested in the news recently, Sheila Keen who is accused of killing Marlene Warren years ago to later marry Marlene’s husband; but even in that case it was the mistress murdering the wife.

I don’t recall a lot of cases where women have killed affair partners of their husband/boyfriend. Can anyone point me to any?
Here are a few:

Jennair Gerardot
Elena Romanova
Rena Salmon
Jessica Edens
Aileen Guinea
Shannon O’Roark Griffin
Michelle Boat
Li-Yun “Lisa” Peng
Julie Rex
Suwaiba Shuaibu
Chelsea Watrous Cook
Mumsy Zitha

Sarah Williams
Shanna Golyar
Tracey Bryan

Taz Hayes
Ashley Spencer

Rachel Draft
Demetria Johnson
Candace Montgomery
Lisa Brown
Rebecca Harris
Emma Taylor
Nicole Houchin

Tyonne Palmer
Michelle Gaiser

Several things are making me go hmmm, but perhaps LE have more information than they have put into the affadavit?
1. There is CCTV of KA's car pulling up outside the apartment where MW was staying, but no CCTV of KA herself arriving or leaving the property?
2. I am curious as to why CA had a face to face with MW to discuss CS. Why not discuss it on the phone call?
3. The bike - If KA was parked outside the residence, why waste time taking the bike? She didn't need to ride it away if her car was parked outside the residence.
4. If she was that angry, she would have been more likely to damage the bike than take it away.
5. I am curious if CA received a 'locked' message when MW arrived home from her outing with CS.
6. I am also curious as to where in the residence MW as shot - why the bathroom?

Has it been established if CA knew KA?
Did CS have any other girlfriends (at the same time as KA), either now or in the past?

Here are a few:

Jennair Gerardot
Elena Romanova
Rena Salmon
Jessica Edens
Aileen Guinea
Shannon O’Roark Griffin
Michelle Boat
Li-Yun “Lisa” Peng
Julie Rex
Suwaiba Shuaibu
Chelsea Watrous Cook
Mumsy Zitha

Sarah Williams
Shanna Golyar
Tracey Bryan

Taz Hayes
Ashley Spencer

Rachel Draft
Demetria Johnson
Candace Montgomery
Lisa Brown
Rebecca Harris
Emma Taylor
Nicole Houchin

Tyonne Palmer
Michelle Gaiser
Candace Montgomery I’m only aware of because the show “Candy” has been so popular. She was the mistress who killed the wife, not the other way around. Nicole Houchin, Tracey Bryan, were the mistresses who killed the wife as well. But as I’m going through this list, wow, I forgot about Gerardot, that was a crazy one, one the husband saw coming, and Ashley Spencer, another crazy one. Thanks for giving me some reading material!!

Love can drive people to do crazy things. The guy in the middle of all this did not care about either of these women.
He continues on his merry way while two lives are ruined, without question as a result of his behavior.
I am not trying to absolve somebody of murder nor justify it in any way but I do have sympathy for both females.

Several things are making me go hmmm, but perhaps LE have more information than they have put into the affadavit?
1. There is CCTV of KA's car pulling up outside the apartment where MW was staying, but no CCTV of KA herself arriving or leaving the property?
2. I am curious as to why CA had a face to face with MW to discuss CS. Why not discuss it on the phone call?
3. The bike - If KA was parked outside the residence, why waste time taking the bike? She didn't need to ride it away if her car was parked outside the residence.
4. If she was that angry, she would have been more likely to damage the bike than take it away.
5. I am curious if CA received a 'locked' message when MW arrived home from her outing with CS.
6. I am also curious as to where in the residence MW as shot - why the bathroom?

Has it been established if CA knew KA?
Did CS have any other girlfriends (at the same time as KA), either now or in the past?
Just my thoughts on some of the questions you posed above.
1. Maybe the neighbor's security camera only picked up KA's car due to its angle/position?

2. I don't think it has ever been reported as to the reason why CC went back to her apartment to talk to MW after she received the text from MW saying she was going swimming with CS. I wonder if CC returned to the apartment to show MW how to use the door lock/security system and to give her a personal code, maybe she didn't want to do that in a text, as CC appears to have been very security conscious.

3 & 4. It's possible that KS moved the bike into the bushes to make it look like a robbery gone bad.

5. I'm curious, too, if CC received a "locked" message after MW returned home.

6. It's possible that MW ran into the bathroom as she knew that was a room that had a lock on the door and she tried to lock herself in the bathroom to get away from KS who was confronting her and had a gun.

ETA: I don't think it has been established that KA knew CC.

From the article, CS stated “it was not my intention to pursue along an auxiliary romantic relationship that would mislead anyone". IMO, lying about your whereabouts to your jealous girlfriend sounds misleading to me. Just sayin'. MOO

From the article, CS stated “it was not my intention to pursue along an auxiliary romantic relationship that would mislead anyone". IMO, lying about your whereabouts to your jealous girlfriend sounds misleading to me. Just sayin'. MOO
Between phrases like "it was not my intention to pursue along an auxiliary romantic relationship that would mislead anyone" and expressing “torture about my proximity to this horrible crime,” it is pretty obvious to me that CS is an emotional wreck...or a robot. I am beginning to wonder if Siri or Alexa are writing his statements, or representatives of his main corporate sponsor. I almost need a translator to understand what he is trying (not to) say. I really do not like this guy. JMO

Last edited:
Between phrases like "it was not my intention to pursue along an auxiliary romantic relationship that would mislead anyone" and expressing “torture about my proximity to this horrible crime,” it is pretty obvious to me that CS is an emotional wreck...or a robot. I am beginning to wonder if Siri or Alexa are writing his statements. I almost need a translator to understand what he is trying (not to) say. I really do not like this guy. JMO
The word “auxiliary” is really odd but I think it is a term used for some additional cycling equipment like handlebars…but yes weird in this context

ETA: if I were going to kill someone, the LAST thing I would do is let someone know:
“I have a gun, I hate this person so I’m going to kill them.”

CS might have thought that buying a gun for KA might result in KA solving the “problem” of MW for CS. In other words, if CS saw MW’s very existence as a threat to his career and way of life (because he relied on KA as a caretaker rather than loving and respecting her as an equal partner in their relationship, and because CS was seemingly unable to resist seeing MW whenever the opportunity arose, jeopardizing his comfy day-to-day life with KA), he might’ve been fine knowing that KA‘s rage toward MW, plus KA’s access to a firearm, could permanently solve this problem for him.

Just my thoughts on some of the questions you posed above.
1. Maybe the neighbor's security camera only picked up KA's car due to its angle/position?

2. I don't think it has ever been reported as to the reason why CC went back to her apartment to talk to MW after she received the text from MW saying she was going swimming with CS. I wonder if CC returned to the apartment to show MW how to use the door lock/security system and to give her a personal code, maybe she didn't want to do that in a text, as CC appears to have been very security conscious.

3 & 4. It's possible that KS moved the bike into the bushes to make it look like a robbery gone bad.

5. I'm curious, too, if CC received a "locked" message after MW returned home.

6. It's possible that MW ran into the bathroom as she knew that was a room that had a lock on the door and she tried to lock herself in the bathroom to get away from KS who was confronting her and had a gun.

ETA: I don't think it has been established that KA knew CC.

With 5, according to the affidavit the door unlocked message was the last CC received and she noticed the door was unlocked when she arrived.

With KA/CC it hasn't been specifically established one way or the other, but that raises questions. If she didn't know CC wouldn't it be possible that CC was her target without knowing who it was, just someone with her guy? It seems like KA was very confident to just go right into that apartment knowing whoever there was alone, which would make you think they were targeting the owner/renter unless they knew CC's vehicle and that it wasn't there.

Also something else I just noticed with KA's vehicle when it was caught on video at 8:37 PM, which is a minute after the door was unlocked:
It's parked at a different address - 2307 18th - so when the affidavit says the car was parked next to the residence it means it was on another property separated by a fence NOT parking close to the house. That means there had to have been even more time between KA going inside and MW opening the door. How in the world would KA know the door would still be open after walking around the other property and then going up the stairs with KA not even having parked until after the door was already opened? MW was supposedly having just ridden on a motorcycle, so it's not like she was hauling a bunch of stuff out of a vehicle so would keep the door open for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77