TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS might have thought that buying a gun for KA might result in KA solving the “problem” of MW for CS. In other words, if CS saw MW’s very existence as a threat to his career and way of life (because he relied on KA as a caretaker rather than loving and respecting her as an equal partner in their relationship, and because CS was seemingly unable to resist seeing MW whenever the opportunity arose, jeopardizing his comfy day-to-day life with KA), he might’ve been fine knowing that KA‘s rage toward MW, plus KA’s access to a firearm, could permanently solve this problem for him.
Bravo.
Thanks for putting my thoughts down for me!

The word “auxiliary” is really odd but I think it is a term used for some additional cycling equipment like handlebars…but yes weird in this context
In my experience, it's not really a common word at all in cycling. I would say it is rarely used in any meaningful way and certainly not in regard to equipment. I read this as struggling to find some word or phrase that isn't "affair" or something like that.

His primary source of income is likely sponsorship. I know a lot of cyclists that rely on that sort of funding.
I think most folks would be very surprised how little cyclists make and even the more successful ones. Being on a professional grand tour team and having some notable success is one thing but for the level of cyclist CS is, there isn't a ton of money at all. Many times they get gear, entry fees and travel money but not much more. Some have "day jobs" with the companies that "sponsor" them and many times that piles real obligation on top of training and racing. I think it is possible that there is some credence to the idea that the relationship with KA was, in part, one that was more about the business ends than the romantic involvement that she may have felt more strongly.

KA has to be getting help or such as I just don’t see her surviving in the wild like Rudolph did, and he had prepared for his run over time. This just seems so sudden that I don’t think she prepped to be a fugitive.

Though I agree that it is unlikely that CS could keep an uhmm.... "auxiliary" bachelor's pied a terre in costly Austin, MW lived in San Francisco. Likewise, the suspect could have bounced between an apartment with roomates and staying at CS' home.

Thus, there could be room for even an independent woman to be thrown off by lies, half truths, and spin (Ok, define "going to move out"- wink, nod) from a Cassanova that she rarely saw.

CS had the rather luxurious trailer to live in that was remodeled by the company that he and KA owned, Wheelhousemobile:

This is likely CS's truck with the trailer: About — Wheelhouse

Nice looking set-up, quite luxurious for a cycle rider on the circuit. I'll bet the liasons between MW and CS took place in that trailer, too. Another MASSIVE source of anger for KA, as she my have owned half of it.

I think KA thought that she OWNED CS, too.

1653326497448.png

1653326618707.png

Last edited:
In my experience, it's not really a common word at all in cycling. I would say it is rarely used in any meaningful way and certainly not in regard to equipment. I read this as struggling to find some word or phrase that isn't "affair" or something like that.

I think most folks would be very surprised how little cyclists make and even the more successful ones. Being on a professional grand tour team and having some notable success is one thing but for the level of cyclist CS is, there isn't a ton of money at all. Many times they get gear, entry fees and travel money but not much more. Some have "day jobs" with the companies that "sponsor" them and many times that piles real obligation on top of training and racing. I think it is possible that there is some credence to the idea that the relationship with KA was, in part, one that was more about the business ends than the romantic involvement that she may have felt more strongly.
Bingo! and Bingo! JMO

His primary source of income is likely sponsorship. I know a lot of cyclists that rely on that sort of funding.
It sounds like a very stressful sport without the recognition and money that athletes in other sports can earn. There are articles about cyclists facing mental health issues due to the stress of the sport.

Yes, I have to agree as I think of it more.

Or maybe MW's bike would be the commonality MW had with CS and KA would want to destroy that, just as she destroyed MW.

I dunno. I can see it both ways.

But dumping the bike is another odd part of all this. And a behaviour risky enough to be part of a rage murder.
Just lurking and reading posts, how far was the bike found from the apartment? I assume LE took fingerprints but released no facts? The other thought I had on the MW's race bike is it most likely had special peddles, difficult to ride a distance without the proper footwear with clips. IMO

KA has to be getting help or such as I just don’t see her surviving in the wild like Rudolph did, and he had prepared for his run over time. This just seems so sudden that I don’t think she prepped to be a fugitive.
I agree, the totality seems impulsive.

As you said, this could well involve minimal preparations to live a "life of flight". In regards to possible help....

She is into mountain bikes, yoga, and a trendy business rehabbing old trailers into modernistic portable homes- perfect for the equally trendy mountain bike racing circuit. In short, she seems to be Austin born and raised.

In contrast, she does not seem to be from a deeply rural anglo sub culture say, Appalachian, Ozark, Cajun where families are large, "kin are kin"- period, and friendship loyalties last life times.

I can see a certain number of people from those areas willing to harbor a murder suspect for various lengths of time. Likewise, her interests would make her less likely to be from the piney woods of 'Deep East Texas' - another area where I could see a certain number of people having say, "Olde School Ozark" mindsets.

But... statistically with the suspect, check the homes of her one sibling and parents (just in case- you never know). After that, one would think she is on the road somewhere in a relatively distinctive jeep.

Last edited:
I don't know how relevant it is, but I've found it curious that MW's family has contradicted LE on multiple things. The first that was already ready reported was their denial that she was in a romantic relationship. What I also just noticed however is that they claim she recently moved back to Vermont while LE says she was visiting Austin from San Francisco.

Mo recently chose to call Vermont home again with a vision to create a local community space in East Burke, Vt. where bikers could gather throughout the day, feel welcome, share a good cup of coffee and a bite of locally sourced food.

Everything I've read in the media as well as the LE affidavit says that she visiting from California not Vermont. I'm not sure how relevant it is, but where someone resides isn't something that she be gotten wrong...either by the family or LE as it's not like she was an itinerant homeless person.

I don't know how relevant it is, but I've found it curious that MW's family has contradicted LE on multiple things. The first that was already ready reported was their denial that she was in a romantic relationship. What I also just noticed however is that they claim she recently moved back to Vermont while LE says she was visiting Austin from San Francisco.

Mo recently chose to call Vermont home again with a vision to create a local community space in East Burke, Vt. where bikers could gather throughout the day, feel welcome, share a good cup of coffee and a bite of locally sourced food.

Everything I've read in the media as well as the LE affidavit says that she visiting from California not Vermont. I'm not sure how relevant it is, but where someone resides isn't something that she be gotten wrong...either by the family or LE as it's not like she was an itinerant homeless person.
I think maybe she was in a transition stage as to where she was living? Her obit said “A few weeks before her death, she had chosen to leave her job at Specialized and become a full-time professional bike racer.” Specialized is headquartered in California. Also her 2022 cycling event season was just getting underway and involved a lot of travel. She had a blog of sorts this spring about her cycling: Mail from Mo!

MW worked as a demand planner with a bike company, but had put in her two week notice—her last day was slated to be the day before Unbound.

<modsnip> MW not only had a full-time job, but she also worked at a bike company. I can’t help but wonder if CS felt “less than” and harbored some resentment towards MW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe she was in a transition stage as to where she was living? Her obit said “A few weeks before her death, she had chosen to leave her job at Specialized and become a full-time professional bike racer.” Specialized is headquartered in California. Also her 2022 cycling event season was just getting underway and involved a lot of travel. She had a blog of sorts this spring about her cycling: Mail from Mo!

That Mail from Mo! clearly has her scheduled to attend the May 14 Gravel Locos in Hicot, Texas and that post is dated March 18

If KA was sleuthing MW, she would have had 8 weeks of advance notice to stew about .

You should read MW's blog. She writes very well and you get a wonderful feeling about who she is.

So awful to think this very bright high energy field was extinguished by a desperate person at the age of only 25.

Last edited:

Yes, she gave notice a few weeks ago but was still working there:
MW: Actually, I gave my notice a few weeks ago. My last day is the day before Unbound.
This would mean her last day was going to be next month as Unbound is on June 6th:

Does anyone wonder what Kaitlin's "misdemeanor" was that prevented her from buying a gun in her own name? Also she returned to the house where she lived with Strickland after the shooting and was there for TWO DAYS before vanishing. I imagine she was in hysterics. Furious with him, overwhelmed with what she had just done . What did the two of them talk about for those two days?She must have told him she killed Mo. IF she did confess, why didn't he turn her in?

Does anyone wonder what Kaitlin's "misdemeanor" was that prevented her from buying a gun in her own name? Also she returned to the house where she lived with Strickland after the shooting and was there for TWO DAYS before vanishing. I imagine she was in hysterics. Furious with him, overwhelmed with what she had just done . What did the two of them talk about for those two days?She must have told him she killed Mo. IF she did confess, why didn't he turn her in?
The warrant was from 2018 for theft of services, it’s linked to Register of Actions in this article if you scroll down Docs Detail ‘Furious’ Jealousy of Woman Accused of Killing Cycling Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog