TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find KA attractive at all. I haven't seen a single photo that's given me "she's pretty" vibes. So, IMO, care needs to be taken not to construct a scenario around beauty, 'cos it's a matter of personal opinion, not fact.

I think it may be important, though, what KA's version of "pretty" is and how she thought of the way she looks. I'll bet it figured in this case.

Hard to tell. One has to see someone in person, and to listen to the voice, the gait, everything. Photos are static.

Snipped for focus....

I can't imagine CR LE would not have at least one passport. Their basis for arrest was passport fraud, so passports were front and center in their case. But they didn't have ANY passport on hand? They even have her standing in a security line at the airport. No passport there?
The basis for the arrest was stated as 'Once the officers identified her real name and found that there was an international arrest warrant against her, she was immediately arrested and handed over to the Immigration Police for deportation to the United States".
Officials decided to deport her, since she'd entered fraudulently, otherwise they'd have done it through extradiction.

JMO

I am somewhat baffled by the posters here who believe KA stands a good chance of acquittal, downgraded charges or at the least a hung jury. IMO, she will be an extremely unsympathetic defendant—accused of murdering a beautiful and innocent young woman, showed consciousness of guilt by running, cost the authorities a fortune to chase down and find her, showed extreme vanity by getting plastic surgery while on the run (not gonna be popular among jurors…..), appears to have lots of money at her disposal (also not popular with jurors….) and had a previous record (not sure that will come, but the prosecution will try). I’m thinking she’ll probably try to plea bargain. Doubt there’ll even be a trial.
I think it’s because we’ve seen people walk many times before. Casey Anthony for one. Lots of others come to mind - OJ. Plus, she’s a woman who was cheated on. There are people on this thread who feel sorry for her even. I don’t feel sorry for her at all. Millions of woman are cheated on everyday and get on with their lives without killing their rival. But jurors are human, and it only takes one unfortunately. She also has retained a very good and savvy lawyer who had 94% of his cases thrown out last year. If you read down the list - it’s shocking — he’s gotten sex offenders off, domestic violence cases, DUI, even child sex offenders.

Last edited:
I gave a very brief overview of the case to my mum last night, whose immediate response was 'well you can see why she snapped'.

I would imagine that the build up will feature heavily in the trial communication is going to make interesting reading once text messages are published. The last one from CS to KA would just be the start.
Interesting. I would never have sympathy for her shooting the other woman. Now, if she had shot the boyfriend I might be more open to understanding. But I doubt I'd ever manage sympathy for killing a third party who had no relationship with the killer.

I think it’s because we’ve seen people walk many times before. Casey Anthony for one. Lots of others come to mind - OJ. Plus, she’s a woman who was cheated on. There are people on this thread who feel sorry for her even. I don’t feel sorry for her all. Millions of woman are cheated on everyday and get on with their lives without killing their rival. But jurors are human, and it only takes one unfortunately. She also has retained a lawyer who had 94% of his cases thrown out last year. If you read down the list - it’s shocking — he’s gotten sex offenders off, domestic violence cases, DUI, even child sex offenders.

Totally agree re Casey Anthony—can’t figure that one out. But Kaitlin is no OJ with years worth of goodwill from a sports career and acting. She’s got a good lawyer and I suspect he’ll give her good advice—to plead to something. His job will be getting her the best deal he can in terms of a sentence. I bet he will do anything to keep her from going in front of a jury which, IMO, would not like her or her story very much.

All good points.

However, I would doubt that MW would have her passport on her. She was living in the Bay area, coming to Austin for a race and wouldn't have needed it. She did have some foreign races sheduled, but they would be about a month away and there would be no reason for her to travel using her passport as ID.

The DM article has a post clearly saying that KA was found in Costa Rica with not only her own photo, but that of her sister, CA. It's pretty clear from her attempt at a new appearance, that she was aiming to look more like her sister's passport photo. Biometric passports might have been able to pick up the difference between the sisters, and they would certainly pick up a difference between KA and MW.

Maybe this place near San Jose:

AVA Medical & Surgical Center​

5.0(1)
Medical center in San Rafael, Costa Rica

View attachment 352527
Re: Biometrics and the "receipt"
What is interesting to me is that the letter from the surgical center is not a receipt, but some kind of documentation requested (by KA obviously) at some point. Also, the name on that letter is edited out (a request from LE?) which suggests to me it is not the name of KA, but that of the person whose identity was being used. Is it possible that the reason the documenting letter was requested, and kept with the passports, was so in the case of biometrics not matching up, there was an "explanation" to present to travel authorities, and the whole point of the cosmetic surgery was not so much to change her appearance drastically but to be able to counter a challenge to the use of the passport due to biometrics? Moo.
ETA Scenario:
TSA: "This isn't you."
KA: "Yes it is, I just had $7000 worth of plastic surgery in Costa Rica. Here's proof."
TSA: "......."
:/

Last edited:
I have a question. If KA left the country the day after the warrant for her arrest was issued, how did she find out about that warrant so quickly?

It’s not like the police is broadcasting it, is it? For comparison, there was a warrant issued in 2018 that no one moved on. KA might have known about it, or not. (Probably, yes, as she asked CS to buy her a gun. But maybe a coincidence). But then, the warrant was filled in wrong…well, it is probably hard to find good clerks nowadays.

However, her bolting the day after the warrant was issued…I already asked it, what was her relationship with local police? Or police of NY? Something doesn’t fit.
Sometimes LE lists warrants and grand jury indictments on their websites, before it’s announced to press or public — I have first hand experience with this in my family. I think KA and her sister were keeping an eye out online.

Interesting. I would never have sympathy for her shooting the other woman. Now, if she had shot the boyfriend I might be more open to understanding. But I doubt I'd ever manage sympathy for killing a third party who had no relationship with the killer.
Plus whether MW was the “the other woman” at the time of her murder is even debatable. It seems clear CS was dishonest with KA about what he was doing that night (by the texts he sent KA), but going to the public pool and then a burger joint by the pool, and then dropping her off and not going in, is arguably platonic-ish.

For all we know there could have been many women out there with whom KA’s boyfriend was having this kind of interaction. My sense from his Sun interview where he used the word “inertia” and mentioned their businesses as a reason he and KA were together makes me wonder what kind of future the two of them envisioned. Maybe he scrubbed his IG but I think that KA was pretty much NOT a feature of his social media presence. Maybe her vision of their future was rosier. I admit I am curious what the deal was there.

Re: Biometrics and the "receipt"
What is interesting to me is that the letter from the surgical center is not a receipt, but some kind of documentation requested (by KA obviously) at some point. Also, the name on that letter is edited out (a request from LE?) which suggests to me it is not the name of KA, but that of the person whose identity was being used. Is it possible that the reason the documenting letter was requested, and kept with the passports, was so in the case of biometrics not matching up, there was an "explanation" to present to travel authorities, and the whole point of the cosmetic surgery was not so much to change her appearance drastically but to be able to counter a challenge to the use of the passport due to biometrics? Moo.
Interesting thoughts. So are biometrics are highly deployed in airports right now? I thought because of privacy implications it was years away from general use.

The poster obviously made a mistake, and did not warn her mother that 'everything you say will be taken down and used against you in the court of Websleuths' I say, strike the unrelated mother's statement from the record.

A perspective could be that sister A conveniently moved to a campground, had computer and cell access and could not be monitored easily. Sister B commits an atrocity, meets in a distant city anonymously (with the exception of the yoga mat)
and info and plans are executed. Could be that the plastic surgery was pre-planned and a viable defense strategy. Just a thought.......

Plus whether MW was the “the other woman” at the time of her murder is even debatable. It seems clear CS was dishonest with KA about what he was doing that night (by the texts he sent KA), but going to the public pool and then a burger joint by the pool, and then dropping her off and not going in, is arguably platonic-ish.

For all we know there could have been many women out there with whom KA’s boyfriend was having this kind of interaction. My sense from his Sun interview where he used the word “inertia” and mentioned their businesses as a reason he and KA were together makes me wonder what kind of future the two of them envisioned. Maybe he scrubbed his IG but I think that KA was pretty much NOT a feature of his social media presence. Maybe her vision of their future was rosier. I admit I am curious what the deal was there.

Well. To me it shows that CS was interested in MW, and maybe hoped for more, but technically speaking, still platonic.

I wonder if in such situations, platonic or not, there is a difference between men and women. In other words, would a higher percentage of men in this situation kill their partner, and a higher percentage of women kill the “female rival”, or is it totally random?

ETA: I am trying to find articles. To my surprise, jealous murder of a partner/spouse constitutes 22% of all spousal murders in North America, but killing of a rival is way less common.

The article is not well-typed. However, they (very cursory) mention some behaviors typical for women who appreciate the beauty of the rival. One is investing into own looks (makes me wonder if a younger, beautiful Mo triggered another cycle of KA’s plastic surgery). Another one is looking for a different partner.

I shall be looking. This article is not new, and KA’s behavior differs from typical jealousy, But maybe there is something newer.

Last edited:
Wow, her chin really does appear a lot smaller, but so far we only have this one mug shot photo to scrutinize over.
As I continue my hyperanalysis of this woman's face, I've found that in her straight-face photo from the bike race, her chin appears small. I think when she smiles, it really expands her chin. That, or she had a surgery before committing the crime.

In MW's published family statement, they said she was not in a romantic relationship with anyone. KA was insane for going after this woman. I don't mean not guilty because of insanity kind of insane. Just that she should have just taken a yoga class or something and calmed the f down. What was she thinking, killing this girl who didn't even live in the same city.

"There are no words that can express the pain and suffering we are experiencing due to this senseless, tragic loss," the family wrote. "While we will not elaborate about the ongoing investigation, we do feel it’s important to clarify that at the time of her death, those closest to her clearly understood, directly from Moriah, that she was not in a romantic relationship with anyone."

In this article, CS says he and KA were broken up for a month and that’s when he met Mo. More info in article.
In Colin's statement that he made public, he said the relationship was "a week or so" from late October to early November.CS.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4