TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading about pathological jealousy, including jealous murders of rivals. Most of them are single cases, some bizarre.

On a different type of victims, partners…Here is an article with statistics about partners’ killing - a study done in Canada that indicates that women rarely give a warning before killing their partners. (From this standpoint, KA’s “being a nice and quiet person” is more of a norm, and she didn’t “snap” when she killed Mo)

And I am wondering, didn’t CS know KA at all? Maybe not. But if he ever saw this anger, what was he thinking of when he was buying her a gun? She could have easily killed him, too.

So her card wasn’t declined, she just said she didn’t want to use that card and left the MC at the reception and never returned with another form of payment. How odd.
When I first read that she left the card at the reception desk, and did not go back in with another card, my first thought was, well, duh, why not just run it anyway. But I did read in another article somewhere that apparently the office did attempt to do that, but the card was maxed out. JMO

When I first read that she left the card at the reception desk, and did not go back in with another card, my first thought was, well, duh, why not just run it anyway. But I did read in another article somewhere that apparently the office did attempt to do that, but the card was maxed out. JMO
Thanks! I was scratching my head!

On a different type of victims, partners…Here is an article with statistics about partners’ killing - a study done in Canada that indicates that women rarely give a warning before killing their partners. (From this standpoint, KA’s “being a nice and quiet person” is more of a norm, and she didn’t “snap” when she killed Mo)

And I am wondering, didn’t CS know KA at all? Maybe not. But if he ever saw this anger, what was he thinking of when he was buying her a gun? She could have easily killed him, too.
CS has said in an interview that KA was the least volatile person he’s ever known and that she must have had parts of her personality she’d never shown to anyone. I don’t think he ever expected her to be so violent. However, he had to have known how much it distressed KA that he kept having even a friendly/platonic relationship with an ex lover but keeping it secret from her. They may have really just been friends at that point, but CS continued to lie to KA and conceal his friendship with MO - which is a terrible thing to do in a committed relationship. It really is hurtful - I’ve been there, but dang KA lost her head! She should have just dumped his sorry butt, sent him packing, and moved on. I bet she’s wishing she’d had instead of killing Mo. So tragic and sad!

I'm guessing that she realized as she suddenly had to jet away, that she had only one choice to make money in the future. Despite a college degree and having worked with mortgages and supposedly in some Fortune 500 companies, AND supposedly flipping houses (still not sure what that means - did she hire contractors and fix one up minimally and sell it, use the proceeds to buy another and so on? because we now hear she owns a few rentals, supposedly), yoga seems to me to be the ONLY "profession" she could try to piggyback off of in another location.

Meaning, if she tried to obtain another mortgage processing position under a different name, or some other corporate job, they'd all want your resume and bio and references. Yoga instructors can, unfortunately, be a dime a dozen and no offense to those who are one. You can teach a class after taking a short class yourself, or you can take class after class and really push on and become even more of an expert. It seems to be something you could teach after a few months of learning, in a basic sense. You don't have to spend 4 years in India studying is what I mean. So she probably didn't even have to take ANY classes in it, in Costa Rica, but she HAD to, because she couldn't divulge where she had studied to prove her expertise. She was starting over as if she had a high school education with absolutely no further skills, and if she didn't have that yoga inclination and expertise, she probably would have been up another creek without a paddle for sure!
I totally agree with seeing why KA went into the yoga direction in CR, but I do think it was really unwise of her! I’m basing that on the US Marshal Brandon Filla presser where he mentioned so many times how knowing she was into yoga played a role in tracking her down. I know nothing about trying to make money in CR as a tourist on someone else’s passport, but could she have tried tending bar or being a waitress or anything but yoga?

In any case…. I’m glad she went full yoga because it aided her capture and led to reeling her back in to face her charges!

CS has said in an interview that KA was the least volatile person he’s ever known and that she must have had parts of her personality she’d never shown to anyone. I don’t think he ever expected her to be so violent. However, he had to have known how much it distressed KA that he kept having even a friendly/platonic relationship with an ex lover but keeping it secret from her. They may have really just been friends at that point, but CS continued to lie to KA and conceal his friendship with MO - which is a terrible thing to do in a committed relationship. It really is hurtful - I’ve been there, but dang KA lost her head! She should have just dumped his sorry butt, sent him packing, and moved on. I bet she’s wishing she’d had instead of killing Mo. So tragic and sad!

CS has a good way of choosing words; for example, “inertia” when describing his relationship with KA is believable. But, he had to say that KA was “the least violent”, and stick to this line. Otherwise, him knowing that KA had certain personality traits and yet buying her a gun, having just ended/not ended relationship with another woman, looks very improvident.

Best footage thus far:
CBS NEWS, AUSTIN “Did you kill Miss Wilson?” a reporter shouts:

View attachment 352379

OK well in MY novel, I am granted an interview with KA and once it's a wrap, that tall handsome hunk o' Houston's Finest on KA's left runs off with me

It's a matter of looking at the evidence or lack thereof. Juries aren't supposed to acquit people because they like them or lock them up because they dislike them. I for instance remain skeptical based on the evidence that has come out so far as nothing (at least nothing admissible) sounds slam dunk and DNA I don't think will be that effective given the circumstances of the case even if it turns out one of KA's hairs was found on MW. I'm hoping there's other evidence like perhaps there being a video showing KA actually going inside MW's or like evidence of pre-meditation on planning the escape from the US prior to the murder rather than something done after LE questioning, but until I hear of more evidence what I've heard sounds easy to raise reasonable doubt, especially when you're getting a top lawyer with daddy paying the bills for your defense. If for instance that witness who is anonymous even to LE was to testify, that would go a way towards a conviction but right now all I'm seeing is a Sixth Amendment issue if the prosecutors tried to enter that anonymous tip into evidence during the trial.

One thing I was kind of hoping for with the theft charge that I thought might have happened was that they were charging KA with theft of the bike. If they had her fingerprints on MW's bike that was found in the bushes that would place her at the scene better than DNA, but instead it looks like it's just for the old Botox. It would have been rather good if they were using the bike theft charge with evidence from that to establish the murder charge, but so far that's not happening. You get a fingerprint - not DNA - from KA inside the apartment or on MW's bike, my skepticism would drop considerably.

Do we know if MA (KA's father) is paying for the lawyer and that he has the means to do so? I haven't seen anything in MSM to suggest that he has the means to pay her legal bills or bond, or that KA grew up in a wealthy family, but I may have missed that. My sense is that KA is paying for the legal fees out of her own assets related to her real estate investments.

What I'm not sure about is if KA's fury was specifically directed at MW for being with "her" man....was it rage? Or was it if she killed MW to hurt CS.... like I'll get you, I'll take away your little play toy and make you suffer to live without her. Or did she have some effed up delusion that if MW was out of the way, CS would commit to her, maybe even propose, and they would live happily ever after? Did she really think no one was going to put it together that she was the one who did this? Using her own gun?

I wonder if she has any genuine remorse or if she just feels sorry for herself and her predicament. Fleeing the country, getting a nose job, and hanging out at a beachfront yoga retreat doesn't exactly scream "omg what did I do??" remorse and regret.

I think her defense attorney's angle is going to be that she was out of her mind with rage and being deceived by CS, that using her own gun, driving her own car, and that her actions that followed were so lame and inefficient that no reasonable person would think they could actually get away with using their sister's passport to hide out, at basically an American yoga retreat at a popular beach. And that this wasn't calculated or premeditated or she would have taken better steps to try to hide her crime or disappear. (I think KA did think she could get away with it - but I think her defense team will argue that she wasn't in her right mind or she would have prepared better. Actually I think they will try to get a plea deal.)

But - sometimes it's easier said than done to just move on from the guy who cheated and lied to you. To say he's not worth it and move on. People see it that way from the outside, but when you're it in and you still have feelings, it's hurt, anger, jealousy, rage, heartache.
They should hop right down the street and consult Dr. David Buss at the University of Texas, author of _The Murderer Next Door: Why the Mind is Designed to Kill_ He said the fastest way to get killed is to get in a love triangle.

I bet the defense attorneys are going to smear both CS and Mo for having a relationship. And I can see a female juror having some sympathy for KA if they go down the “he cheated and lied to her, they were having an affair” route.
I joked about Mary Winkler getting a slap on the wrist in Tennessee earlier, but I think that's exactly why Mary got a slap on the wrist. I have a tangential connection to the Mary Winkler case and tangentially know some people who knew most of the principals involved. OK where was I. I listened to the trial and to talk radio from that part of Tennessee during the trial. People totally believed Mary's descriptions of Matthew (the victim's) purported abuse. I say "purported" because I'm not 100 percent sure. Full bladder for one thing. But I don't know for sure. All I know is the phone calls to talk radio were wall-to-wall women *and men* from that area sympathizing with Mary.

I am reading about pathological jealousy, including jealous murders of rivals. Most of them are single cases, some bizarre.

We just had a scenario of "woman kills husband seemingly out of the blue" in the Nancy Brophy trial. However, if you look retrospectively, there were signs for a long time. Many many. Nancy Brophy even wrote an article years before, "How to Murder your Husband". She pretended this was a lark, and everyone thought it was pretty funny, but, yes, she carried through and murdered her husband.
So, there can be many symptoms in plain sight. In NB's case, she laughed them off (a form of gaslighting). In other cases, close looks will reveal relevant history.

It is such a sad case that she lost control of herself and let her anger, jealousy, and rage take over. She had an impressive background of achievements to be only 35 and seemed to not only be ambitious but a good entrepreneur. What she didn’t realize is no man is worth spending your life in jail! If her partner would do that to her, he was hiding an evil suspicious side of himself. He wasn’t the partner she deserved! I feel sorry for her, but know she must pay time for her illegal act of killing another person.
I agree completely! She could have done so much better. Ten bucks says CS' "inertia" was because she was paying the bills.

CS has a good way of choosing words; for example, “inertia” when describing his relationship with KA is believable. But, he had to say that KA was “the least violent”, and stick to this line. Otherwise, him knowing that KA had certain personality traits and yet buying her a gun, having just ended/not ended relationship with another woman, looks very improvident.
I agree. He’s so full of bunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member