TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your style. Stress consuming wine and cake until she is unrecognizable. Unfortunately, I think she is too vain for that, which is why it would have been the perfect disguise. But god forbid anyone see her with a muffin top, as KA or CA or anyone else…

I think this whole case revolves around her extreme vanity.

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who is fairest (in CS’ eyes) of them all?”

“You but MW is definitely on the periphery.”

“Nooooooo! I am the fairest without compare. I’m gonna get her so I can still be A number 1.”

The Evil Queen liked to disguise herself as other people, too.
Now I'm gonna put on my Karl Marx hat instead of my David Brooks hat.

Someone surmised in an earlier post that KA did not come from a great deal of money originally.

I bet my bottom bicycle that MW did.

MW had a safety net. MW had the time to devote herself to getting to the top of her sport at a young age. I know MW held a job up until she quit it to go full time and was looking for sponsors, but I still bet MW came from a higher social class originally than KA. And whether CS knew it or not, that's part of her mystique for him.

The kind of easy confidence that is reputed to be so attractive on the dating market often comes, in part, from the safety net the upper middle class enjoys from birth. They can smell strivers (edit: and strivers) can smell them. But no one talks about it because we tell ourselves class doesn't matter in the USA.

At least Travis and Jodi both had to struggle and were on the same level in that regard. I think the place they worked was dumb in every way imaginable but Travis had to work hard to get where he was. Which wasn't that much only Jodi probably didn't realize it. But some people may not remember from looking at Travis' outward appearance that he once went hungry. He cried because he couldn't figure out how to work a can opener and feed his siblings. Their mother was addicted and abusive and they sometimes didn't have anything to eat and couldn't wake her up.

Where am I going with this? Seems like MW came from the upper middle class while KA had to strive and work at getting that outward appearance of the good life. So some of MW's attraction for CS may have had to do with social class and not just youth and athletic prowess. Maybe CS wanted to be accepted (edited because of a dumb reference that didn't work) by a true Upper MIddle with all that entails and thought he had a chance to social climb and leave not just KA, but the middle class striver image behind

I could be talking out of my bicycle seat

I am reading about pathological jealousy, including jealous murders of rivals. Most of them are single cases, some bizarre.

On a different type of victims, partners…Here is an article with statistics about partners’ killing - a study done in Canada that indicates that women rarely give a warning before killing their partners. (From this standpoint, KA’s “being a nice and quiet person” is more of a norm, and she didn’t “snap” when she killed Mo)

And I am wondering, didn’t CS know KA at all? Maybe not. But if he ever saw this anger, what was he thinking of when he was buying her a gun? She could have easily killed him, too.
Stephanie Lazarus…. The Behavior Panel has a great analysis of this interrogation, and WS has a case thread.

I’m wracking my brain, trying to think of cases where someone got a high powered attorney and was still found guilty by a jury. Anybody know one?

Let’s hope the forensic evidence against her is very strong.
Adnan Syed's lawyer, she of the offending voice, was reputed to be one of the best in the business, even though she fell ill during the trial.

I am not sure where the thought comes from that her daddy is paying the bills for her top dollar defense. Kaitlin is by no means poor. IIRC, she owns at least three properties in the Austin area, which is the hottest real estate market in the country right now. While they are not assets that she can immediately convert to cash, she certainly can easily sell them if she needs to. Also, I am sure her daddy would help her in any way that he can, as I believe, any parent would do for their child, but in the only interview I have seen with him, he was wearing the same kind of vest you see on DOT workers, out on the roads, so I doubt her parents are wealthy. I would wager a guess that KA is probably far better equipped than either of her parents, to pay for her defense. JMO

Thank you. The idea that a successful 34-year-old woman is relying on daddy is so offensive.

Signed,
Successful Formerly-34-Year-Old (and now older) Woman Who'd Have Never Done That in a Million Years

Someone surmised in an earlier post that KA did not come from a great deal of money originally.

MW had a safety net. MW had the time to devote herself to getting to the top of her sport at a young age. I know MW held a job up until she quit it to go full time and was looking for sponsors, but I still bet MW came from a higher social class originally than KA. And whether CS knew it or not, that's part of her mystique for him.

The kind of easy confidence that is reputed to be so attractive on the dating market often comes, in part, from the safety net the upper middle class enjoys from birth. They can smell strivers (edit: and strivers) can smell them. But no one talks about it because we tell ourselves class doesn't matter in the USA.

At least Travis and Jodi both had to struggle and were on the same level in that regard. I think the place they worked was dumb in every way imaginable but Travis had to work hard to get where he was. Which wasn't that much only Jodi probably didn't realize it. But some people may not remember from looking at Travis' outward appearance that he once went hungry. He cried because he couldn't figure out how to work a can opener and feed his siblings. Their mother was addicted and abusive and they sometimes didn't have anything to eat and couldn't wake her up.

Where am I going with this? Seems like MW came from the upper middle class while KA had to strive and work at getting that outward appearance of the good life. So some of MW's attraction for CS may have had to do with social class and not just youth and athletic prowess. Maybe CS wanted to be accepted (edited because of a dumb reference that didn't work) by a true Upper MIddle with all that entails and thought he had a chance to social climb and leave not just KA, but the middle class striver image behind

I don't think CS would have ever left KA for MW. I think he was interested in MW since she was a rising star in his field and that their relationship was based mainly on this shared interest, at least for him. I don't think he would have left KA for MW, if it ever got to the point where he had to make a choice, it would have been KA.

Remember when KA’s dad said in an interview that CS had a lot of lovers and wondered about their whereabouts the night of Mo’s murder? I wonder if KA had caught CS before and confided in her dad about it. I wonder what that was about, and why did he blab that out on national tv? I know we can’t sleuth CS, but maybe there were some serious infidelity issues there and this set KA off and it culminated in her going after his latest perceived fling. I’m not giving her a pass, not at all. Just trying to understand how this blew up and what she thought this would solve. She’s ruined so many lives! I was looking at Mo’s family photos just now - her family looked so happy together and so close! Her mom especially- that smile - so happy being with her kids. Dad too. Breaks my heart.

Going to be a hard sell "heat of the moment" or "crime of passion" with a neighbor's Ring security camera picking up KA on bicycle stalking MW living quarters on May 10 the day prior to MW being murdered in addition to security camera footage of KA at MW place at time of the murder May 11, all the phone harassment to MW by KA and the fact KA ambushed MW pulling the trigger over & over & over, stealthy flight from prosecution, plastic surgery, trendy beach life... She's toast.
No doubt. Avocado toast, at that.

I thought I read that CS was late coming to the sport of gravel racing, and was in his 30's when he started. I read some statement that he made about that, and he said that most gravel racers start in their 20s, so this put him at a disadvantage, hence he had to work harder.

He said he lived at a farm, and every day he was, sort of, gravel racing several miles because there was no way to get out of the farm. It is not professional sport, but in a way, he started training early. In his 20es, he was biking everywhere, so, more training. As to starting in early 30es, no, because he already was the first in Milan in 2015, so, 28? Probably he started gravel cycling in mid-20es. (But the route itself is so difficult, I think all champions train hard, daily.)

Re: CS

Blah, blah....blah blah blah, blah blah

Respectfully, this is nothing new to the thread. His girlfriend is a murderer. He tried to minimize the damage to his professional reputation.

My analysis: it did not work. And nothing he has been quoted saying in MSM since has helped. Just the opposite.

MOO
Most likely a Narc who enjoyed devaluing the old while chasing the new. Triangulation & lying is fantastic (dual) fuel for them. There were prob many other women.
Concerning the “seed” planted in Armstrong’s mind that the affair occurred but was over …the fact that Mo was much younger than her.. I’m sure added insult.
Shoulda keep his trap shut post this horrific murder. He’s not a innocent in all this by any stretch!

MOO

Last edited:
KVUE here in Austin posted this: "The family of Moriah Wilson provided these photos to remember and honor her life"

Amazing athlete and obviously a lovely person in every way.

I'm gobsmacked that Armstrong was given bond, considering that she fled the country in a fairly sophisticated way, and attempted to disguise her identify by cutting and dying her hair and surgically changing her appearance. The latter is pretty damned extreme.

Armstrong's father has stated that it would be impossible for his daughter to have committed this crime. If they are financially able, I'd assume they will do everything possible to raise money for her bond.

Has there been any information on how she procured the passport she was using in Costa Rica?

I know exactly what you’re saying, and agree fully.

Well. To me it shows that CS was interested in MW, and maybe hoped for more, but technically speaking, still platonic.

I wonder if in such situations, platonic or not, there is a difference between men and women. In other words, would a higher percentage of men in this situation kill their partner, and a higher percentage of women kill the “female rival”, or is it totally random?

ETA: I am trying to find articles. To my surprise, jealous murder of a partner/spouse constitutes 22% of all spousal murders in North America, but killing of a rival is way less common.

The article is not well-typed. However, they (very cursory) mention some behaviors typical for women who appreciate the beauty of the rival. One is investing into own looks (makes me wonder if a younger, beautiful Mo triggered another cycle of KA’s plastic surgery). Another one is looking for a different partner.

I shall be looking. This article is not new, and KA’s behavior differs from typical jealousy, But maybe there is something newer.
Or kill themself after it’s all over.

She could of gone all Betty Broderick as he dropped Mo off. I think she was removing the rival along with wounding him. Maybe that’s as far as she thought. But it’s obvious she did it covertly with no plans of offing herself (or him)…Getting away with it.
Post LE interview re-event herself in Costa Rica .

MOO

I've seen a photo of her not smiling and it does look more like the mug shot.

It was one of the photos of the Wheelhouse trailer remodeling business she had with CS.

Anyone else remember that? She was sitting inside one of the trailers and frankly, looked kinda pizzed off.
Yes! First thing I thought of and tried to look for that article (featured a pic of actor John C. Reilly as he was CS first customer for renovated mobile home (forget brand they mentioned). And cannot find that article anywhere now. I saw it when this story first broke. Only the video is available which KA is not in. But that photo of her in the corner in a chair looking away is very similar to this mug shot. Wish I could find it!

Armstrong is expected to face a Harris County judge before she is taken to Austin, where she faces a murder charge

I am still not understanding why she is being held in Houston. Does this mean she is being arraigned there? Maybe because it's a holiday weekend? Maybe because she was picked up by US Marshals? Jurisdiction is generally straightforward, I would think. So what's up?

In addition to the Travis County capital murder charge, she faces a federal chatge explained here:

UFAP - "The charge carries a sentence of up to five years in prison."

Last edited:
I was wondering the same regarding a photo. How did she decide and describe what she wanted?

On another note, I never realized before now how prominent and distinctive her ears are. No wonder she kept her hair long enough to cover them up. The U.S. Marshals should have highlighted them in the wanted poster.
Yes, IMO she should have gotten an ear job!

Armstrong is expected to face a Harris County judge before she is taken to Austin, where she faces a murder charge

I am still not understanding why she is being held in Houston. Does this mean she is being arraigned there? Maybe because it's a holiday weekend? Maybe because she was picked up by US Marshals? Jurisdiction is generally straightforward, I would think. So what's up?

In addition to the Travis County capital murder charge, she faces a federal chatge explained here:

UFAP - "The charge carries a sentence of up to five years in prison."
Armstrong is expected to face a judge when she is taken to Austin, where she faces a murder charge. According to an official from PC court in Harris County, Armstrong will be transferred back to Austin in 10-15 days.

So she will not face the judge until Austin? And why the 2 week wait?

Armstrong is expected to face a judge when she is taken to Austin, where she faces a murder charge. According to an official from PC court in Harris County, Armstrong will be transferred back to Austin in 10-15 days.

So she will not face the judge until Austin? And why the 2 week wait?
I am still confused. Wish we had a lawyer to explain 1) the court process & 2) the delay for transfer to Travis County

What is a PC court, mentioned in the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304