TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed from taking a second look at the letter from the plastic surgery center, that it specifies a blurred out name followed by a blurred out passport number. I hadn't noticed the passport number before, but now it convinces me that KA was definitely trying to pass as someone, and I'm still leaning towards it being her sister.

As some of you have already noted she has been unfailingly stupid in this case. If a young person full of potential hadn't died at her hands, I'd want to see her get the I, Tonya treatment.

I wonder where she was planning on heading next with that passport and letter. It's hard to see in the Inside Edition video but it looks like her sister's passport was issued in 2018 so KA had 6 years before she'd have to renew. Or maybe she was going to apply for a new passport with a new photo.

www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/photos.html

You may have to apply for a new passport if you have:
  • Undergone significant facial surgery or trauma

I think he's angry because he lost his career, sponsors, etc.

Initially, he was clearly trying to do “damage control”. But - he lost the support of his community; for a champion, and such a late one, it might be more important. Plus, consider his own grief, grieving Mo, and his whole life he carved out by working hard. He might be somewhat irritable by nature. JMO. Well, this story, whatever the verdict, is going into the annals of psychology, because in many ways, it is an outlier. CS going through therapy and working hard to review his whole life would be a very good thing.

Also, to remind, sometimes men might be less culpable than it looks. Think of another story that went into the annals of psychology. The man was, initially, a player, but who would blame him now?

On the subject of biometrics and passports, this was posted earlier on this forum by @cujenn81 (snipped for focus):

. .. all passports issued after 2007 contain biometric data chips and the biometrics are derived from the photo you submit. That’s why they have such strict guidelines — the height of the head should measure between this many and that many inches, eye height should be this many inches from the bottom of the photo, full head from the top of the hair to the shoulders, head must be front facing with open eyes, closed mouth, neutral expression, no eyeglasses, no hat or head coverings unless it’s worn for religious purposes everyday, no shadow on face or background, must have plain white/off-white background, normal lighting, and on and on and on.

If your passport has that little square symbol (that kinda looks like a flag) on the front of it, it’s a biometric passport. That’s true for all countries, btw. The symbol is the same.

48445684-4DA8-4083-BFB5-E9E74AA60CE9.png81E3B5DC-356B-4561-990E-0BB1195D9607.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------

Below is my own post on this forum when earlier we were discussing biometrics and passports - - (BBM) --

I have dual citizenship, and one of my passports that was issued in 2015 (not the U.S.) has a page that says the following:

"This passport contains a contactless integrated circuit, which is an electronic device. In addition to the care and respect afforded a passport, please treat this document as you would any other portable electronic device and take precautions that it doesn't become wet, folded or damaged. Abuse may adversely affect the operation of the integrated electronic circuit and reduce its usefulness to the bearer and to border inspection personnel."

Once when we got off the plane on a trip overseas and were going through customs at the airport, the border inspection officer asked my husband to tilt his head slightly in a different direction, so we knew that he was paying attention to some digital information at that point, while he held my husband's passport in his hand.

Thank you! Interesting. The only country that detained us for a while upon entry was China. They made us try leaving fingerprints probably 20x times each. Maybe, they were checking biometrics at that time?

I have a question. What if people, indeed, do plastic surgery? Some change ears, too. Do they need to change the passport? But then, they can do more surgery…

Thank you! Interesting. The only country that detained us for a while upon entry was China. They made us try leaving fingerprints probably 20x times each. Maybe, they were checking biometrics at that time?

I have a question. What if people, indeed, do plastic surgery? Some change ears, too. Do they need to change the passport? But then, they can do more surgery…

A few minutes ago, OP posted info that people who have had significant facial surgery will need to apply for a new passport.

edited to add "facial" surgery

I was wondering that. They usually ask for a straight face. She looks so gorgeous there compared to her booking photo.

I agree it's a great photo. And FWIW, KA's passport was just issued in June 2021 so that would be a relatively recent photo of her. I noticed her hair was straight.

I agree it's a great photo. And FWIW, KA's passport was just issued in June 2021 so that would be a relatively recent photo of her. I noticed her hair was straight
She sure has beautiful hair, and how awesome to be able to wear it curly or wear it straight. I noticed in her high school photos she often blew it out/flat ironed it straight. Looks incredible either way. Well, hopefully for her, the prison where she is eventually incarcerated has a nice prison salon.

I wonder, did she have the presence of mind to find out whether friend was there or not, before pulling out the gun?

I guess we'll never know. It may come out at trial whether she'd followed Strickland there, or knew where it was from her own reseathe rch. I personally doubt anyone uses Strava to show their physical location at all times, that would be nuts. They'd only activate it for certain rides/runs, IMO.

JMO
BBM. I agree. Some may think Strava itself is some kind of GPS tracking device. It's not. You can record a run or ride directly with the Strava app on a phone, but I don't think it's shared with anyone until you finish. Most pro athletes would likely record an event on a GPS watch or a bike computer that has more functionality than a phone and link it or transfer the data to Strava later after they finish.

I follow one pro cyclist's activities on Strava who lives somewhat near me. He posts ride data pretty much daily, but not any in real time AFAIK. Mostly they're in various places training and racing around Europe, but I like to learn about good routes nearby worth exploring when he's on rides back home in the US. A lot of pro cyclists have thousands of followers on Strava.

A few minutes ago, OP posted info that people who have had significant facial surgery will need to apply for a new passport.
Right. Imagine the scenario "I can't accept this passport, it looks like someone else." "Oh but I just had major plastic surgery, that's all. And I'm wearing colored contacts. And I dyed my hair and am wearing makeup to change my skin tone. But of course it's me". "Oh, okay then".

BBM. I agree. Some may think Strava itself is some kind of GPS tracking device. It's not. You can record a run or ride directly with the Strava app on a phone, but I don't think it's shared with anyone until you finish. Most pro athletes would likely record an event on a GPS watch or a bike computer that has more functionality than a phone and link it or transfer the data to Strava later after they finish.

I follow one pro cyclist's activities on Strava who lives somewhat near me. He posts ride data pretty much daily, but not any in real time AFAIK. Mostly they're in various places training and racing around Europe, but I like to learn about good routes nearby worth exploring when he's on rides back home in the US. A lot of pro cyclists have thousands of followers on Strava.
Apple tag, I'll bet. They are sometimes used for stalking. All KA had to do was throw one in CS's pack or attach to the motorbike.

BOTOX BANDIT

Authorities caught the alleged Botox bandit, also a yoga teacher, last week at a beach-side hostel in Santa Teresa, a secluded haven for surfers, yogis and backpackers.
Her sister, Christine Armstrong, did not respond to messages seeking comment -- nor has she been charged with a crime.
Armstrong’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday, the Fourth of July holiday.

While they skew anti-liberal, some of the comments below the article are amusing.

Initially, he was clearly trying to do “damage control”. But - he lost the support of his community; for a champion, and such a late one, it might be more important. Plus, consider his own grief, grieving Mo, and his whole life he carved out by working hard. He might be somewhat irritable by nature. JMO. Well, this story, whatever the verdict, is going into the annals of psychology, because in many ways, it is an outlier. CS going through therapy and working hard to review his whole life would be a very good thing.

Also, to remind, sometimes men might be less culpable than it looks. Think of another story that went into the annals of psychology. The man was, initially, a player, but who would blame him now?
O M G. I had never heard of the Golyar/Kroupa/Farver case and now I need to read that link in depth later when I have more time. Thanks for posting that. Yet another example of how the psychological aspects of these cases just blows my mind.

I found it on YouTube. Someone there is investigating if she had sister help with her escape. A few channels actually. True Crime channels. They posted a lot of photos I’d never seen that they had pulled off SM. The SM acct name was visible so I went and looked.

Thanks for the tip on YT creator that pulled together some history before KA scrubbed her social media from the internet.

I was also not surprised to hear of all the self-reported bio hype KA put out about her 34-year-old self, clearly overselling the person behind the mask. There is no self-made, independent, confident woman but an extremely insecure individual, cheating cosmetic providers out of fees, and one acting like a high school girl-- clinging to the letterman that's clearly just not that into her.

For example -- don't know where others got the idea that KA was some real estate mogul that can afford a murderer's bail or a hefty-priced attorney.

Public records show her portfolio appears to be limited to a couple of residential properties at only 1,160 and 1,047 sq ft!

As both properties were acquired mid-and late 2021--an insufficient period to build any equity or true appreciation. If forced to sell today, she'd be lucky to break even, and that's after considering she probably acted as the broker at acquisition.

In other words, I don't see KA making $3.5 bail anytime soon without generations behind her that IMO, would be best served by limiting their support to emotional rather than financial. MOO

4924 Manchester Cir, Austin, TX 78745 | realtor.com®

Right. Imagine the scenario "I can't accept this passport, it looks like someone else." "Oh but I just had major plastic surgery, that's all. And I'm wearing colored contacts. And I dyed my hair and am wearing makeup to change my skin tone. But of course it's me". "Oh, okay then".

Right. On the other side, insurances often cover upper lid surgery, but not the lower one. And then, people like me would definitely do “in pieces”, to avoid extensive anesthesia. So one gets upper lids done, applies for a new passport, because, biometrics. Then, does lower ones, applies again. Then, chin… so, after passport nr 5, someone gets interested, why so many times? What’s on her mind?

Thanks for the tip on YT creator that pulled together some history before KA scrubbed her social media from the internet.

I was also not surprised to hear of all the self-reported bio hype KA put out about her 34-year-old self, clearly overselling the person behind the mask. There is no self-made, independent, confident woman but an extremely insecure individual, cheating cosmetic providers out of fees, and one acting like a high school girl-- clinging to the letterman that's clearly just not that into her.

For example -- don't know where others got the idea that KA was some real estate mogul that can afford a murderer's bail or a hefty-priced attorney.

Public records show her portfolio appears to be limited to a couple of residential properties at only 1,160 and 1,047 sq ft!

As both properties were acquired mid-and late 2021--an insufficient period to build any equity or true appreciation. If forced to sell today, she'd be lucky to break even, and that's after considering she probably acted as the broker at acquisition.

In other words, I don't see KA making $3.5 bail anytime soon without generations behind her that IMO, would be best served by limiting their support to emotional rather than financial. MOO

4924 Manchester Cir, Austin, TX 78745 | realtor.com®

You are so spot on!!

I read Strickland is in therapy now, in fact it was reported he only rides a bike now to go to his therapy sessions. He seems very angry and depressed over MW murder by his former gf.
I think he just feels very sorry for himself. His whole statement was all about him and how this is for him. He reminds me so so much of my ex who also played me and another women for years. (No one killed anyone.) But those damn Scorpios.

One thing I was unsure about. In the affidavit it says KA called MW when CS and MW were dating. And told her that she, KA, was the one dating CS. So was that during the "one week" relationship? Had KA and CS even really broken up at all?

The other thing I don't get. Why did she go to Costa Rican instead of a non extradition country?? Everyone knows you go to Montenegro. What was she thinking?? I'm surprised she didn't go to Bali. Wasn't she a partner in a yoga studio there? Maybe that would have been to obvious. Plus maybe other countries had vaccine mandates. Do we know if she had ever been to Costa Rica before? She seems well versed in international travel so I guess that all fits her profile that she fled the country.

A touch of new info, BBM:

[Deputy US Marshal BF] told the 'TODAY Show' that Armstrong had made the changes 'to throw off law enforcement officials,' and indicated she may've attempted to get tattoos to make her more unidentifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆