TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A touch of new info, BBM:

And a new photo (at least to me). Even her toe nails are painted. She certainly was taking good care of herself while on the run.

59856429-10981199-image-a-3_1656961251419.jpg

The other thing I don't get. Why did she go to Costa Rican instead of a non extradition country?? Everyone knows you go to Montenegro. What was she thinking?? I'm surprised she didn't go to Bali. Wasn't she a partner in a yoga studio there? Maybe that would have been to obvious. Plus maybe other countries had vaccine mandates. Do we know if she had ever been to Costa Rica before? She seems well versed in international travel so I guess that all fits her profile that she fled the country.
You can't fly direct to Bali, she'd have to fly to LA, and then stop in Taiwan. Or go via several airports in Europe. Each time, going through passport control.
Plus, a last minute flight would be hugely expensive.

Instead, Newark to Costa Rica, direct, short flight, easy relaxed airports.

It does have a very high reputation for yoga, a cachet, just as much as Bali.

I don't think she realized how determined US marshals would be, nor how trackable she was. It sounds like she took the airport shuttle bus straight to Santa Teresa, and that was immediately found on camera by Costa Rican security...probably with a clear picture of her carrying her yoga mat.

JMO

You can't fly direct to Bali, she'd have to fly to LA, and then stop in Taiwan. Or go via several airports in Europe. Each time, going through passport control.

I don't think she realized how determined US marshals would be, nor how trackable she was. It sounds like she took the airport shuttle bus straight to Santa Teresa, and that was immediately found on camera by Costa Rican security...probably with a clear picture of her carrying her yoga mat.

JMO
Good point on the Bali travel. Oh Costa Rica is definitely known as a popular yoga destination. I just wondered why she wouldn't have picked a country with a no extradition treaty with the United States. It seems like there are better countries to disappear that won't cooperate and send you back!

I think he just feels very sorry for himself. His whole statement was all about him and how this is for him. He reminds me so so much of my ex who also played me and another women for years. (No one killed anyone.) But those damn Scorpios.

One thing I was unsure about. In the affidavit it says KA called MW when CS and MW were dating. And told her that she, KA, was the one dating CS. So was that during the "one week" relationship? Had KA and CS even really broken up at all?

The other thing I don't get. Why did she go to Costa Rican instead of a non extradition country?? Everyone knows you go to Montenegro. What was she thinking?? I'm surprised she didn't go to Bali. Wasn't she a partner in a yoga studio there? Maybe that would have been to obvious. Plus maybe other countries had vaccine mandates. Do we know if she had ever been to Costa Rica before? She seems well versed in international travel so I guess that all fits her profile that she fled the country.
Too many airports/plane changes to get to Bali. If you broke the law in Indonesia, it could be brutal.
Now, Montenegro is part of NATO, so I think fleeing there might not be such a plan.
And note: no extradition treaty was required. All CR had to do was deport KA for fraudulent use of passport. That would be true of countries with no extradition treaty, as well. I doubt Montenegro would want a criminal with an international apb sauntering about their streets.

I think maybe KA doesn't have a lot of imagination. Probably led her to kill instead of some more creative solution, and, yes, head to CR.

IMO she should've chosen Nicaragua. Nicaragua is extremely antagonistic to the US right now, and very contrary. They're persnickety about their borders, but also have a high per capita murder rate. One wonders if one more would make a difference.
Nicaragua used to have a big, long-standing, expat community. I'm not sure if they do any more. I can't imagine hanging out there, but hey, if you're fleeing from the law, beggars can't be choosers.

JMO
An airport shuttle bus to Santa Teresa? I thought it was, like, 5 hours away? Do you have a source?

One thing I was unsure about. In the affidavit it says KA called MW when CS and MW were dating. And told her that she, KA, was the one dating CS. So was that during the "one week" relationship? Had KA and CS even really broken up at all?

The other thing I don't get. Why did she go to Costa Rican instead of a non extradition country?? Everyone knows you go to Montenegro.
^^rsbbm

Good to know re. Montenegro, thank you! :cool:

I think many versions of a relationship break-up have since been conflated-- making for some confusion. And it doesn't help that we only have CS's version (where CS alleges that KA was also dating/seeing others).

My general understanding is that KA/CS had about a 3-year relationship where sometime last fall, they had what was essentially a month "break," after severing the relationship proved more difficult than expected because a "break-up" allegedly required more advanced planning by the couple.

Nonetheless, it's alleged that during the "break," CS pursued a week-long relationship with MW when a cycling event brought MW to town for the week.

IMO, breaking up or not, committed adults don't need a free period to pursue another relationship! While few if any adult women I know actually seek out the role of "transitional partner," I don't imagine CS presented himself to MW as "hey babe, I'm available this month." And from MO's reported text to CS, she'd have no reason to cite her head spinning and confusion over the seemingly 3rd wheel clinging to CS had this been her choice.

ETA: add link

Last edited:
Last edited:
An airport shuttle bus to Santa Teresa? I thought it was, like, 5 hours away? Do you have a source?

This is what the US Marshal said at the press conference:

(transcript is from YouTube so may not be perfect and misspells KA's name)

12:04
as far as paper trail i mean that was key that that passport to really put us there in costa rica with that direction we do know too that they quickly discovered that you know caitlyn boarded a bus from that airport to another known location so they said they had a small paper trail that was leading down the road and i think then once she established some type of uh pattern uh based upon her yoga practices uh they were able to kind of narrow in that vicinity uh and just conduct surveillance and then we knew that you know she'd probably be staying in some type of cheaper hotel to really make her money stretch down the road

Too many airports/plane changes to get to Bali. If you broke the law in Indonesia, it could be brutal.
Now, Montenegro is part of NATO, so I think fleeing there might not be such a plan.
And note: no extradition treaty was required. All CR had to do was deport KA for fraudulent use of passport. That would be true of countries with no extradition treaty, as well. I doubt Montenegro would want a criminal with an international apb sauntering about their streets.

I think maybe KA doesn't have a lot of imagination. Probably led her to kill instead of some more creative solution, and, yes, head to CR.

IMO she should've chosen Nicaragua. Nicaragua is extremely antagonistic to the US right now, and very contrary. They're persnickety about their borders, but also have a high per capita murder rate. One wonders if one more would make a difference.
Nicaragua used to have a big, long-standing, expat community. I'm not sure if they do any more. I can't imagine hanging out there, but hey, if you're fleeing from the law, beggars can't be choosers.
Oh yea, those Bali prisons seem really bad. I knew all about Schapelle Corby haha. I guess I'm not too up to speed on disappearing in other countries. That makes sense about how they can throw you back to the States for using a fraudulent passport. I just thought Montenegro looked really pretty and it was on a list of "The Best Non Extradition Countries to Become Invisible in 2022." Apparently it's super private and full of beautiful people. If I disappear, y'all know where to find me. ;)

There's a real tear at her upper mandible on her right side.
I think that is a mole/skin bump..you can see it in the picture where she has her head turned a bit on this site:

“It could be years before Armstrong faces a jury.”
UGH :confused:
Says who? They give no source or reason for that. They also say she could be in Houston 15 more days. Very odd reporting. Maybe the sources got edited out?

Makes me wonder if she plans to use an insanity defense. That could drag things out. But for years? We need a credible source for that contention.

MOO

I think that is a mole/skin bump..you can see it in the picture where she has her head turned a bit on this site:
It looks like a tear to me. No more yoga on Pacific beaches. Boo hoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff