TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea, those Bali prisons seem really bad. I knew all about Schapelle Corby haha. I guess I'm not too up to speed on disappearing in other countries. That makes sense about how they can throw you back to the States for using a fraudulent passport. I just thought Montenegro looked really pretty and it was on a list of "The Best Non Extradition Countries to Become Invisible in 2022." Apparently it's super private and full of beautiful people. If I disappear, y'all know where to find me. ;)
Yes, Montenegro looks beautiful. Bali is in Indonesia, a place where you generally don’t want to be in prison, especially if you’re in certain demographics.

Does anyone else think that’s a fake tan in the mugshot? It’s into her hair roots, but in “before” photos, she seems to have alabaster skin. And she does seem to have eyeliner, unless that’s tattooed? Eye tattoos may account for the black eyes she was reported to have.

That new nose doesn’t look like something that you could breathe very easily out of. The nostrils are super tiny.

Looking at the mugshot, I can't get over the arrogance. :eek:

Shoot dead the woman that caught my not-so-committed partner's eye; change my nose, no problem! Keep calm and carry on...

So does KA pull out her vision board late at night while on her hostel bunk and repeat her affirmations 100 times each?

My name is Ari Xyz, ... Ari is not a murderer. o_O

Are we allowed to talk about KA’s photos and “quotes” that are on public SM accounts but aren’t KA’s SM account? Stuff is still wide open out there for the whole world to read. Asking for a friend…Cause I’m DYING to say something, but don’t want to break the rules and get the ole boot from this forum.

Are we allowed to talk about KA’s photos and “quotes” that are on public SM accounts but aren’t KA’s SM account? Stuff is still wide open out there for the whole world to read. Asking for a friend…Cause I’m DYING to say something, but don’t want to break the rules and get the ole boot from this forum.

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Just send a pm to the mods and ask.

(In general, this forum is very supportive of all participants of this drama).

Quiz Time!

Q: What's KA's favorite car?
A: A LAMborghini

Q: What's KA's favorite yoga pose?
A: LAMb pose

Q: What's KA's favorite airport?
A: LAMbert St. Louis

Q: What's KA's favorite movie?
A: National LAMpoon's Vacation

Q: What did KA do with her new fake ID?
A: LAMinated it

Q: What's KA's second favorite Texas town?
A: LAMpasas

Says who? They give no source or reason for that. They also say she could be in Houston 15 more days. Very odd reporting. Maybe the sources got edited out?

Makes me wonder if she plans to use an insanity defense. That could drag things out. But for years? We need a credible source for that contention.

MOO
I agree. I was very upset to hear that, but didn’t know why they said it.:mad:

Says who? They give no source or reason for that. They also say she could be in Houston 15 more days. Very odd reporting. Maybe the sources got edited out?

Makes me wonder if she plans to use an insanity defense. That could drag things out. But for years? We need a credible source for that contention.

MOO
The worst part, too, is, if it takes years, according to the terms of her release, it would be years of her being out and about from 8 am to 8 pm. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah like Betty Broderick was (and is still) off her rocker, but she killed both the husband and the new wife. And has never shown an ounce of remorse, even though not even faking it cost her parole.
I’m pretty certain she’d definitely choose being in prison vs Dan and Linda being alive and together.

Zero possibility of pursuing an insanity defense in Texas. The defendant has to show
a) their actions were the result of "severe mental disease or defect"
b) the individual did not know that their actions were wrong
By fleeing, Ms. Armstrong most certainly demonstrated that she knew her actions were wrong.
She was also quite competent in orchestrating her escape and altering her appearance to avoid detection.
Did anyone calculate how much cash would have to be posted for her to make bail?

Zero possibility of pursuing an insanity defense in Texas. The defendant has to show
a) their actions were the result of "severe mental disease or defect"
b) the individual did not know that their actions were wrong
By fleeing, Ms. Armstrong most certainly demonstrated that she knew her actions were wrong.
She was also quite competent in orchestrating her escape and altering her appearance to avoid detection.
Did anyone calculate how much cash would have to be posted for her to make bail?
Agree about the insanity defense.
In Texas, it’s 10% of bail.

Too many airports/plane changes to get to Bali. If you broke the law in Indonesia, it could be brutal.
Now, Montenegro is part of NATO, so I think fleeing there might not be such a plan.
And note: no extradition treaty was required. All CR had to do was deport KA for fraudulent use of passport. That would be true of countries with no extradition treaty, as well. I doubt Montenegro would want a criminal with an international apb sauntering about their streets.

I think maybe KA doesn't have a lot of imagination. Probably led her to kill instead of some more creative solution, and, yes, head to CR.

IMO she should've chosen Nicaragua. Nicaragua is extremely antagonistic to the US right now, and very contrary. They're persnickety about their borders, but also have a high per capita murder rate. One wonders if one more would make a difference.
Nicaragua used to have a big, long-standing, expat community. I'm not sure if they do any more. I can't imagine hanging out there, but hey, if you're fleeing from the law, beggars can't be choosers.
They do indeed still have a huge expat community and it is fairly safe if you are not out drunk on the beach at night...theft is the biggest issue with it being a poor country. I lived there for a couple of years to surf. My friend is just finishing up a house there in fact. Her money would have gone much further than Costa Rica and there are tons of yoga places to work in there. Plenty of easy hustles you can do to make money also. The police are notoriously corrupt, so they sure won't be bothering to report you. When the civil uprising happened in 2016ish, it was more dangerous, things have cooled down and are back to status quo with Ortega.

Looking at the mugshot, I can't get over the arrogance. :eek:

Shoot dead the woman that caught my not-so-committed partner's eye; change my nose, no problem! Keep calm and carry on...

So does KA pull out her vision board late at night while on her hostel bunk and repeat her affirmations 100 times each?

My name is Ari Xyz, ... Ari is not a murderer. o_O

When I look at the mugshot, I see someone who lost control of her reason and committed the unspeakable. And then in desperation, went on the run, tried everything she knew how to do in her repertoire of behaviors, and for her that included facial surgery, most likely to look like the passport she may have stolen from her sister. She took her yoga mat hoping it would give her a way to make some money to survive, and she fled to a place she had most likely been before, and hoped to find work there.

In the mugshot, I think she looks tired and despondent and frightened, as anyone in her position would be, as the running and hiding is finally over and she now is facing the consequences of her actions.

“It could be years before Armstrong faces a jury.”
UGH :confused:
^^rsbbm

MOO
^^bbm

This certainly comes as no surprise to me!

I'm currently following two murder cases in Texas -- a state case and a federal case, and for both-- it will also be more than two years before these defendants face a jury!

Also, in neither of the two cases has the issue of mental incompetence or insanity been raised.

I see no reason whatsoever to believe the murder case against Armstrong will be any different.

And per the following two Texas case timelines, I'm not sure what source or reason OP expected cited by the news reporter??

It's been more than two years since Austin, mother Heidi Broussard was murdered in December 2019 by her best friend, and Heidi's newborn daughter kidnapped.

It took 7 weeks for the 2020 grand jury indictment, and the defendant's first appearance was twice rescheduled.

For all of 2021, there was only one (virtual) status hearing which was held in lieu of a bond reduction hearing that was initially scheduled.

For 2022, there was one hearing in March where the defense challenged the search warrant, and on May 12, evidence the defense requested suppressed and/or thrown out, pursuant to the search warrant challenge heard in March, was denied. KVUE's timeline of the court case beginning 2019-22 is linked below.

It's also been more than two years since Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen was murdered on the military base in April 2020, and her case is being prosecuted by the Waco Division of the Texas Western District U.S. District Attorney's office.

After the victim's superior bludgeoned Vanessa to death with a hammer, the killer's girlfriend, CA, helped him dismember, burn, and hide the victim's body at another location. On June 30, 2020, the killer took his own life at the news Vanessa's hidden remains were discovered.

CA was subsequently arrested on July 2, 2020, and charged with three counts of conspiracy to corruptly alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object, with the intent to obstruct justice. She was indicted on July 14, 2020.

On July 13, 2021, a superseding eleven-count indictment was filed against the defendant, CA. Court docket entries exceeding two years for this case are also linked below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member