TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking like a defense attorney for a moment: It's still hypothetically possible that her boyfriend killed this girl with her gun and she walked in on it after the fact. Not sleuthing him or implying his guilt, just thinking about the trial. Realizing she was framed she fled.

Does LE really have the timing down that precisely that it couldn't be him?
There was a timeline posted earlier. I don't think that fits. If she pleads guilty, she'll probably say she went there to look for her bf and confront them and it escalated. She only shot once and ran iirc

Edit: She was shot multiple times

Last edited:
There was a timeline posted earlier. I don't think that fits. If she pleads guilty, she'll probably say she went there to look for her bf and confront them and it escalated. She only shot once and ran iirc

But the bullets retrieved and injuries to MW will show that the shooter shot more than once. I read in MSM that several shots were fired into MW's torso. (Sorry for the violent description.)

But the bullets retrieved and injuries to MW will show that the shooter shot more than once. I read in MSM that several shots were fired into MW's torso. (Sorry for the violent description.)
Yeah I was wrong. Just looked it up

I wonder if her lawyer could dispute the "stalking" charge by arguing that she was looking for her live-in boyfriend, and not MW. I think he might be able to argue this, that KA was looking for her cheating boyfriend's motorcycle or car at the house where MW was staying.
How would Armstrong know where Wilson was staying? Also I think there exists a lot more evidence of Armstrong stalking not only Wilson but Strickland too. I honestly think Armstrong had become obsessed with Strickland to the point of wanting to become Mrs. Colin Arturo Strickland and blamed Wilson for the demise of that romantic relationship.

How would Armstrong know where Wilson was staying? Also I think there exists a lot more evidence of Armstrong stalking not only Wilson but Strickland too. I honestly think Armstrong had become obsessed with Strickland to the point of wanting to become Mrs. Colin Arturo Strickland and blamed Wilson for the demise of that romantic relationship.
I don't know what the couple's plans were regarding a long term commitment, just that they were boyfriend and girlfriend and living together as such. So I doubt that KA's following CS around would be considered "stalking."

CS knew where KA was staying, so maybe there was a text or something, or maybe it was knowledge among the cyclist group and KA was tuned into that. CS was sneaking around that day making plans to meet with MW, and maybe even before MW arrived in Austin they made plans. They certainly didn't waste any time, I think she had just arrived in Austin the night they got together.

CS may not have covered his tracks as well as he thought he had, and the info was accessible to KA.

I’m thinking possibly that KA stalked Mo various places and through various means. She could have even put spyware on Colin’s phone where she was able to read every text without him knowing it. We know she had access to his phone because it’s been reported that she deleted Mo’s messages. Maybe KA knew exactly where Mo was staying and when because Mo told him in a text and KA was able to read it. Or simply, she could have just read directly off CS’s phone.

I don't know what the couple's plans were regarding a long term commitment, just that they were boyfriend and girlfriend and living together as such. So I doubt that KA's following CS around would be considered "stalking."

CS knew where KA was staying, so maybe there was a text or something, or maybe it was knowledge among the cyclist group and KA was tuned into that. CS was sneaking around that day making plans to meet with MW, and maybe even before MW arrived in Austin they made plans. They certainly didn't waste any time, I think she had just arrived in Austin the night they got together.

CS may not have covered his tracks as well as he thought he had, and the info was accessible to KA.
According to Strickland, he and Armstrong were both "going their separate ways" only reconciled due in large part to co owning businesses together. Just the fact that Strickland had to "sneak around" and "cover his tracks" to enjoy some time with a female friend/ colleague shows how controlling and overbearing KA was. Strickland was a single guy not married and nobody should ever accept being followed around, checking their phone, harassing their friends online & by phone, spying on their social media is ever ok, it really is stalking and in this case ended in murder.

How was KA allowed to have that photo-shopped smile on the poster? All the photos I've seen of her have photo-shopped teeth.
Respectfully, they are nice teeth, but why do you assume they are photoshopped in every picture of her? I would think altering the pic on a passport or official state ID or driver's license would render them invalid. She clearly takes care of her body, so I would assume she takes care of her teeth as well. JMO

I’m thinking possibly that KA stalked Mo various places and through various means. She could have even put spyware on Colin’s phone where she was able to read every text without him knowing it. We know she had access to his phone because it’s been reported that she deleted Mo’s messages. Maybe KA knew exactly where Mo was staying and when because Mo told him in a text and KA was able to read it. Or simply, she could have just read directly off CS’s phone.
It could be as simple as CS has an ipad at home and she used it to locate his phone or his airpods or his apple watch etc... It doesn't need to be that complicated at all.

I wonder if her lawyer could dispute the "stalking" charge by arguing that she was looking for her live-in boyfriend, and not MW. I think he might be able to argue this, that KA was looking for her cheating boyfriend's motorcycle or car at the house where MW was staying.

I agree. I believe her legal team hit the ground running -- already motioned for discovery from LE. I expect they will be doing their best to have the charges downgraded to Felony Murder 2 (crime of passion).

Not that I believe this is true. I'm still trying to understand the real KA???

There are so many ways to track people these days. I know of someone who went through an ugly divorce and her husband put Optimus GPS trackers on his soon to be ex wife’s vehicle and her teenage daughters. He could see in real time at any given moment her location just by clicking the app on his phone and looking at the map.

This question was asked and answered in the affidavit.

CS told investigators that KA would not have known where MW was staying and soon realized that her Stava App was open (viewable by all) and showed MW's ride earlier that day.

Respectfully, they are nice teeth, but why do you assume they are photoshopped in every picture of her? I would think altering the pic on a passport or official state ID or driver's license would render them invalid. She clearly takes care of her body, so I would assume she takes care of her teeth as well. JMO
Agree. Nice teeth appear to run in the family

Still, a neighbor's Ring security cam picked KA up on her bicycle the day before MW murder (May 10) outside MW living quarters and security cam picked KA Jeep driving by then later on parking outside MW house 1 minute after Strickland dropped her off (May 11) ... IMO there's more surveillance by KA going on here than just Strava.

Find my iphone will show you the exact house, in fact if you're in the front of the house or the back. But we don't really know how she did it, only that there are perhaps a dozen easy ways to do it and she may have located them well before that night.

I don’t get how CS is allowed to be trashed in this thread. I’ve seen him called names, being accused of manipulating both MW an KA, gaslighting KA and possibly being involved in the murder and or the escape. He isn’t a name suspect or POI. I thought the TOS would prevent all the negative comments about him.
I've not personally seen any posts trashing CS but encourage OP and anybody else reading to report them.

I don't know anything about CS and my only thoughts are wondering why he was critical of LE getting his statements wrong. Fair question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member