TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the detailed timeline posted upthread, KA pulled up in her Jeep about a minute after MW arrived at the apt and CS had left on his motorcycle. Either she followed them or she was tracking CS's movements via GPS, cell phone, whatever. I can't think of another explanation.

Hopefully MW's bike abandoned in the bushes will be a treasure trove of evidence. KA had her hands on the handlebars; there will be DNA and perhaps traces of gunshot residue and MW's blood.

I agree 100% with @Pyrite's post below.
CS isn't accused of murder. I don’t get how CS is allowed to be trashed in this thread. I’ve seen him called names, being accused of manipulating both MW an KA, gaslighting KA and possibly being involved in the murder and or the escape. He isn’t a name suspect or POI. I thought the TOS would prevent all the negative comments about him.

According to Strickland, he and Armstrong were both "going their separate ways" only reconciled due in large part to co owning businesses together. Just the fact that Strickland had to "sneak around" and "cover his tracks" to enjoy some time with a female friend/ colleague shows how controlling and overbearing KA was. Strickland was a single guy not married and nobody should ever accept being followed around, checking their phone, harassing their friends online & by phone, spying on their social media is ever ok, it really is stalking and in this case ended in murder.
Huh?

They were a couple living together, not just business partners. CS did not have to live with KA or vice versa. The house was his. She could have had her own place rather than living with a "single" man.

We don't even know if they broke up in October 2021 - only he says so.

CS gets to control the narrative in the media and now he's a victim of KA's "obsession"? Many of us believe he was a "player" who enjoyed the MW / KA drama he created.

Until it ended in murder. He's been backpedaling ever since. Quite a talent for a now ex-pro biker.

Believe what you want but remember we don't have any evidence from Mo about the relationship except a text in Jan. 2022 saying she wanted clarification.

We have no public statements from KA verifying a "breakup" & her dating others during that time.

KA is responsible for her actions. CS is responsible for his.

The crossover of their relationship into a triangle & consequence of that (wrong & evil as it is) is why we have this thread on WS.

JMO

I haven’t seen anyone trashing CS or calling him bad names. But it has been reported in the media, taken from an affidavit, that he lied to LE about even knowing Moriah at first, and he also admitted he lied to KA about spending time with Mo. We are allowed to discuss those points. He’s also personally given a few interviews where he said some foul statements. I don’t think talking about those are off limits. Trashing him, calling him names - yes, but I don’t see that here.

Still, a neighbor's Ring security cam picked KA up on her bicycle the day before MW murder (May 10) outside MW living quarters and security cam picked KA Jeep driving by then later on parking outside MW house 1 minute after Strickland dropped her off (May 11) ... IMO there's more surveillance by KA going on here than just Strava.
Yes, that’s indicative of stalking and the prosecution will assert that.

I pay a service for background checks because I hire a lot of people, and I just punched in KA to take a look to see if she had any of other criminal offenses and to see what assets she owns. According to the service I use, she and Colin own one home together that was purchased last year together. Both names are on the deed. They paid cash. KA owns two other homes and took out loans for each. I doubt she has little equity in either of them as she barely put anything down and mortgaged most of the two purchases.

I pay a service for background checks because I hire a lot of people, and I just punched in KA to take a look to see if she had any of other criminal offenses and to see what assets she owns. According to the service I use, she and Colin own one home together that was purchased last year together. Both names are on the deed. They paid cash. KA owns two other homes and took out loans for each. I doubt she has little equity in either of them as she barely put anything down and mortgaged most of the two purchases.
Can you share the address of the property they own together (public record)?

TIA

IMO, KA felt inferior to MW in every aspect, from education, physical talent, looks and personality. She called her over and over again threatening her and warning her to stay away from her boyfriend.

So, MW blocks KA from calling her. Then, when she comes into town, she disregards the warnings and still sees her boyfriend. That is what enraged her. KA had no idea what went on that evening. It could have merely consisted of Mo telling CS that she wanted only a friendship. They were in public places the entire time. Weren't they?

Why didn't Kaitlin just confront her boyfriend? Why take it to such an extreme? Is there more that we don't know? Was she aware of other phone calls or communication between the two? It seems to me that she had to know more to resort to such an extreme from just this outing. Am I missing something?

I have observed women behaving extremely irrational when men try to break up with them and have wondered how they think that is going to convince the men that they have made a mistake by breaking it off. If anything, it confirms that they have made the right decision. Fortunately, only vandalism, stalking and obsessive behavior were involved; no murders...

JMO.

Last edited:
KA owns two other homes and took out loans for each. I doubt she has little equity in either of them as she barely put anything down and mortgaged most of the two purchases.
So what you’re saying is she only has 50% of the house with CS, and the other 2 she doesn’t have much equity in? (Plus market is not promising)

Thanks, @Gypsy Road. Paid cash can be misleading. I know of many revolving lines of credit maxed out right now that are collateralized by the "paid cash" property. These and even HELOCs don't typically show up in searches or credit checks. (Unless you start missing payments). JMO

Huh?

They were a couple living together, not just business partners. CS did not have to live with KA or vice versa. The house was his. She could have had her own place rather than living with a "single" man.

We don't even know if they broke up in October 2021 - only he says so.

CS gets to control the narrative in the media and now he's a victim of KA's "obsession"? Many of us believe he was a "player" who enjoyed the MW / KA drama he created.

Until it ended in murder. He's been backpedaling ever since. Quite a talent for a now ex-pro biker.

Believe what you want but remember we don't have any evidence from Mo about the relationship except a text in Jan. 2022 saying she wanted clarification.

We have no public statements from KA verifying a "breakup" & her dating others during that time.

KA is responsible for her actions. CS is responsible for his.

The crossover of their relationship into a triangle & consequence of that (wrong & evil as it is) is why we have this thread on WS.

JMO
According to Strickland, he reconciled with KA due to the fact they were co owners in business. I believe what he says about his private adult relationship with KA, he had broken up with KA at the 2 year mark for unknown reasons and obviously Strickland was not seeing KA as "the one". Their finances were entangled and they were still running their shared businesses but no doubt the romance was kaput and KA lashed out in an inferno of rage and hate on the woman she blamed for this - Moriah Wilson. I respect your opinion differs from mine and these are the reasons nobody ever knows what a jury will do.

According to Strickland, he reconciled with KA due to the fact they were co owners in business. I believe what he says about his private adult relationship with KA, he had broken up with KA at the 2 year mark for unknown reasons and obviously Strickland was not seeing KA as "the one". Their finances were entangled and they were still running their shared businesses but no doubt the romance was kaput and KA lashed out in an inferno of rage and hate on the woman she blamed for this - Moriah Wilson. I respect your opinion differs from mine and these are the reasons nobody ever knows what a jury will do.
Reconciled because they were co-owners?
Two year mark?
Obviously not seeing her as "the one"?

Respectfully, those pure assumptions.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see your opinion as differing at all from anyone else's on here. Everyone agrees, KA's motive was jealousy over CS. That will be the motive presented at trial. There needs to be a motive to help jurors understand the crime, but it's the criminal action of murder that will be on trial, not various people's emotions. The trial won't be about whether or not CS and KA were in a committed relationship...

ETA: should have written 'monogamous' relationship.

I always mistakenly think of burglary as requiring theft. In Texas, “burglary” only requires entry into a building with bad intent, without the effective consent of the owner. See Texas Penal Code Section 30.02.

Sec. 30.02. BURGLARY. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person:

(1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault; or

(2) remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation; or

(3) enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.

(b) For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:

(1) any part of the body; or

(2) any physical object connected with the body.

So the prosecution wouldn’t have to prove theft of the bicycle, though that would be helpful. I guess a potential hurdle is that perhaps MW invited KA to enter the residence.
They would just need to prove she entered with the intent to commit a felony (murder).

Keep in mind -- Austin real estate prices are insane. In my general area, houses built in the 1970s and 1,500 to 1,800 square ft in OK condition, are going for average $500,000+. These are houses that were well under $200,000 13 or 14 yrs ago. Prices began skyrocketing about 4 or 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member