TX - Mother Arrested After Abandoning Child At Airport, Dallas

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by PrayersForMaura, Jun 8, 2008.

1. PrayersForMaura

PrayersForMaura Help Find Maura Murray

A woman traveling from Arkansas to California has been arrested for the abandonment and endangerment of her child.
    Forty-six-year-old Joland Newberg left Fayetteville Friday headed to California on a trip with her 12-year-old son.
    The mother went missing Friday during a lay over at DFW airport in Dallas. Police say she disappeared for 20 hours and was located Saturday in the airport's rental care center.

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=71443

2. Loading...

3. kahskye

kahskye Inactive

There sure isn't very much info yet, but I guess the LE felt they had enough to arrest this woman. I was hoping that maybe they got separated. I'd like to know more about this mother's history and the family situation. I hope the 12 yr old can be put w/ loving relatives.

4. lymom3

lymom3 Active Member

I can't even fathom what "sidetracked" her. That poor kid. Hope he has a father who can and will take good care of him and love him.

5. nappy2

nappy2 Have you kissed your cat today?

If these people dont want their kid why not give them to somebody who does!

Alot of these kids never get a fair chance to make something out of their lives it's sad!!!!!!!!