CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

TX - Mrs G's arrest & SAPD's war on the poor

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by wfgodot, Oct 25, 2014.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

San Antonio Express-News:

Police arrest well-known homeless woman

the rest, with pictures and arrest video, at the link

2. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

why is a 71 year-old woman seemingly alone on the streets at night? and for two years! it's unconscionable

4. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

:( yeah, locking her up solves something? I am with you LadyL, I am so sad she is on the street to begin with.

5. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

Unless she is proven in a court of law to be person in need of supervision (different states call it different things), she has the right to live in a place she rents, buys, or to camp in appropriate spots. The government cannot just force people to live like we think they should. I think the arrest is ridiculous. But until a family member steps in to become a guardian or She is mentally unfit to make her own decisions, she has a right to live as she sees fit.

6. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

"As another officer prepared to load her into the paddy wagon, police found several wallets and socks under her jacket filled with money. Grant was carrying four social security checks and $758.03 in cash, according to the police."

Looks to me like she is a panhandler and probably a thief. No one has to live on the street. Those of us who work hard to fed our families pay out the wazoo to support people who make more money begging than I make in an honest workday.

Good job, SAPD!

MOO

7. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

She is living where she wants, how she wants. If those checks were stolen, she needs to be prosecuted accordingly. She did not get to the age she is without learning how to take care of herself, on the streets or otherwise.