TX - Muppet Police Sketch Mocked by Internet Leads to Arrest

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by daisy.faithfull, Feb 1, 2014.

1. daisy.faithfull

daisy.faithfull RIP Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr.

'Muppet Police Sketch' Mocked by Internet Leads to Arrest. Who's Laughing Now?

"A police sketch that was publicly mocked for its resemblance to a Muppet actually helped nab a suspect earlier this week in Texas.

The drawing of the man was based on the description given to a forensic artist by two unidentified victims: a 77-year-old woman and her 57-year-old daughter, who were robbed at knifepoint in broad daylight."

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/-muppet-police-sketch--mocked-by-internet-leads-to-arrest--who-s-laughing-now-190724380.html

I bet Rundles chuckled when he saw the composite sketch. Doesn't look like he is is laughing anymore. My one concern is that his attorney will say that the victims didn't get a good look at him based on the sketch. It looks like a five year old drew the thing, but thank goodness he was caught.

2. Loading...

3. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

LOL...looks like the Lamar County PD hired the elderly lady that "restored" the classic Ecco Homo painting in Italy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

It certainly looks as if police sketch artist was inspired by the Jesus painting done by the elderly lady.
    :floorlaugh:

5. SapphireSteel

SapphireSteel New Member

Police sketches can be so vague but it is amazing how many are recognisable to folks who personally know the perp.

Every time I watch TV investigations with fits, I think, it doesn't look anything like him! Then someone recognises it!