TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by cybervampira, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be oppositional but is there evidence besides the ME's ruling?

Cortne and squid like this.
  2. bkgregg5

bkgregg5 Member

3. duscle

duscle Active Member

A threat to who? Don't confuse someone who committed a crime of passion with that of a serial killer who is out there to kill his next victim. As for him having money and being a flight risk? Great! I actually think they will love him to go on the run. Just solidifies and their case and gives the Sheriff who many accuse of playing up to the public because of his re-election an even bigger platform with the media.

But reality if he was really guilty he wont run. How many rich men accused of murder have gone on the run? He is too rich and too lawyer-ed up to go on the run, It's usually the poor ones who cant afford the best legal team who go on the run. The strategy for the rich is the same. Hire the best legal team, let them go on the offensive and make big noise while the POI remains silent and invisible.

4. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

Has it been in MSM that he had decided the relationship wasn't working? I missed that.

5. Kellic44

Kellic44 Member

Another thought to explain the Sheriff's behavior...he stated in MSM that his sister had been contacted at her place of employment by NO fam or friends with tales about CW and then a few days ago in MSM there was an article about members of the BCSO receiving threats (never attributed to this case, but not a stretch to think it was, given the outcry). Could Sheriff be worried about that and trying to appease the family with FBI and vague statements?

6. Starkville

Starkville Well-Known Member

As intended.

JMO MOO

7. Starkville

Starkville Well-Known Member

Sherri Papini comes to mind. JMO

ilovematt and cybervampira like this.
  8. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

So glad your back posting Jay Deuce. You made some great points!

TexasMom788, Doh, BaffleMe and 7 others like this.
  9. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

Perhaps we are all waiting on a grand jury?

angelainwi and Gardenista like this.
  10. rigsby2

rigsby2 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think there's A LOT of issues in the BCSO:

Second member of BCSO command staff confirms he's stepping down

In his resignation he wrote :eek:o_O:

"Most of us want to follow a leader who will walk out to the front lines with us and help us fight the battle. It is easy to respect a boss who is willing to get dirty with you. Employees will always work harder for a boss who works alongside them, who understands the difficulties of the day-to-day routine and who is willing to help them do the hardest and most grueling parts of the job."

Astounding Bexar County Sheriff's deputy arrest rate continues to skyrocket

"Twenty-four Bexar County Sheriff’s Office staffers have now been arrested this year, more than double the total from 2017. And there are still four weeks left in the year..."

Seems it's a very good thing if the FBI oversees this case IMO, JMO, etc.

11. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

the sheriff saying it could be an unknown individual(s) is potentially possible. i can't see it as a random robbery. if it was not a NO m/s then it looks to be some kind of quasi professional triple murder done to look like a m/s in my opinion. the ME seems to have ruled there was enough evidence to support a conclusion of a suicide and 2 murders. the sheriff is not disagreeing that it looks like a suicide he seems to be questioning who murdered the two girls. in any event i find it reasonable to gather all possible evidence to get as close a look at what events lead up to the crime and what events after the crime from all possible known sources. also, the POI drama from the lawyer is sorta a cheap shot because while the public's misunderstanding of POI might be leading to a smearing of CW, LE itself is in no way smearing CW. LE is doing what should be done although i do have questions as to some of the personalities in LE. as usual, MOO.

12. Jay Deuce

Jay Deuce Well-Known Member

Sorry—tried my best to continue our friendly debate but I genuinely dont understand what you’re trying to say here...maybe I’m just tired? What I will say in response to what I THINK you’re saying is: damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

13. Jay Deuce

Jay Deuce Well-Known Member

Aw shucks, thanks Backstroke10. Just trying to solve crimes like the rest of the WS’ers! lol

14. alipr35

alipr35 Member

I live and grew up in this county. The sheriff is new. Most sheriffs have been there for years. Possibly he wants to make a name for himself and get on Dateline or one of those shows. I came on here because I have some mutual friends and I hear talk and gossip but I really have no criticism of the sheriff. Let him do his job with all the critics and family who don't want to accept truths. Possibly the fathers of the girls were not happy with the situation; pure speculation but she may have been facing a custody issue that she did not want to face. My good friend, who is my stylist, knows her. I will see him this weekend and see what insight he can provide. I just keep thinking about the fathers who may have not approved of the girls in this home though they were in very good schools. Had this been happening, her life would have been shaken up beyond what she was used to and not liked it.

15. MathildaM

MathildaM Active Member

I don't know when the Sheriff started. If it was recently, could he be driving the clean-up in the office (high deputy arrest rate) and putting noses out of joint (high resignation numbers)?

16. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Registered Texan Staff Member Moderator

How so?

17. alipr35

alipr35 Member

He started very recently, in the fall.
    I believe it was in the fall. Prior there was a woman sheriff.

18. alipr35

alipr35 Member

Correct. There was a woman who was voted out

19. alipr35

alipr35 Member

She wasn't in office long enough to make an impact. Most sheriffs are in office for years. This man is new.

oceanblueeyes likes this.
  20. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

He was sworn in Jan 2017. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.