TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

Everybody's different MOO.
I agree with that completely.
Unfortunately, according to what her friends said in article I linked above NO sounded like the typical abuse victim:
- minimizing the abuse
- going right back after a blow up fight
- excusing CW’s saying she has to do as CW says in the house as she is living in the house as a guest (after all this time together)
- letting controlling how long she stays with her friends
etc.

I do respect your opinion and I agree to disagree.

The ME ruled NOs death a suicide and the two girls homicides in 2019. The sheriff stated at the end of 2020 that he also believes it was murder/suicide although he still had a few loose ends to tie up before closing the investigation.

It seems to be wishful thinking that the male partner was responsible for this crime MOO.

Last edited:
Her son is grown. So, she has two dependent girls who had great relationships with their Dads. I'm feisty. My husband would say that I'm little off my rocker. That being said, I would never commit suicide or kill anyone. I am a big "barker," but not a "biter." Sorry, right or wrong, I am suspicious of the boyfriend.
Why did he call it in as a SUICIDE. How would he know? He wouldn't IMHOO.

Why did he call it in as a SUICIDE. How would he know? He wouldn't IMHOO.

Charlie is privy to information not yet released to the public. If she had threatened suicide that night (or any other night), he leaves, and comes back to everyone dead, with a gun visible.. I can see exactly why he called it in as a suicide. Calling it in as anything else wouldn’t really make sense. IMO

ETA: corrected spelling

I would have called 911 when NO threatened suicide getting a 5150 why leave and wait if NO was suicidal?...........

Hindsight is always 20/20. In a perfect world, that’s exactly how it would’ve played out. Unfortunately, if you’ve threatened suicide once, you’ve probably threatened it many times before. People usually keep doing what works for them. And everything worked itself out just fine those times. What if he felt she was saying that to emotionally manipulate him into staying, & he was just done dealing with it? According to everyone close to her, people that knew her a lot longer than Charlie did, none of them believed she was capable of actually taking her life. Why would Charlie believe anything different in that moment that he walked out the door? Pure speculation of course.

I would have called 911 when NO threatened suicide getting a 5150 why leave and wait if NO was suicidal?...........

Like you said before everybody is different. Hindsight is 20/20.

She might have threatened with suicide other time(s) before already.
Or if it would have been the first time, he might not have believed she really meant it or did not believed she would ever kill herself while having her girls there in the house.
To me it seems he did what he thought would diffuse the situation and he extracted himself.

An other option is that she never made such a threat before, but seeing them laying there together with the gun laying around, that’s what it looked like for him.

As a Websleuths member and true crime follower if I found a scene where people were shot, I would be cautious to describe it other than they were shot, but if my hubby would find someone shot with the gun close by, he might say the person killed themselves. I have a suspicious mind, he has an innocent one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back