TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 teenage girls found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by cybervampira, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:38 AM.

1. KellyConQueso

KellyConQueso Verified Cheesy Goodness

My Google-fu is not working well this morning so I can't find any supporting evidence of this, but I seem to recall a study that women that commit suicide-by-firearm are less likely to shoot themselves in the head (unlike men) especially if they place a high value on their looks.

I could maybe see that she had come to a very dark point in her life if she was asked to leave her boyfriend's home. I can pretty much guarantee that she has struggled in her life - having her first child as a teen, having multiple children with multiple fathers - and was finally getting a taste of a very comfortable existence that she did not want to go away.

It sounds suspicious that the boyfriend had decided to sleep elsewhere that night and then came home to find them deceased. But on the other hand, I could see him trying to avoid a lot of drama by leaving the residence, especially when there are kids involved. I'm pretty sure there is a break-up at the center of all this and it will be very telling to see which party is doing the breaking. If she was breaking up with him, I couldn't see her doing it without a place to go to. If he was breaking up with her, I don't see much motive for him to kill her and 2 of her children. I do wonder if she was possibly pregnant though.

I have a feeling there were a lot of text messages sent that night...

2. KellyConQueso

Welcome to South Texas where the best resolution to teen pregnancy is a doomed marriage!

SAMS, mmj5377, ilovematt and 29 others like this.
  3. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Indiana too

4. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

I believe so.

LaborDayRN, watcher9 and dotr like this.
  5. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

All from different fathers, is what I read.

watcher9, otto, Forpsy and 2 others like this.
  6. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

i'm thinking maybe custody issues with the daughters, (the court papers served) either one of them or both and perhaps the current bf had recently requested that they move. if she was about to lose custody of one or both of her daughters as well as needing to find a new place to live it might have resulted in what appears to have happened. just my opinion, not stating that this is what did happen just that it is a possibility.

7. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

I believe I read she was not married to the third child's father.

LaborDayRN, watcher9 and dotr like this.
  8. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

Why can't I get past the fact that they see like an unlikely couple?

9. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

BBM.

A very beautiful woman who doesn't want to look ugly, even in death?

Suicide methods are different between men and women

"Men were almost twice as likely as women to use a method that disfigured their face or head. Several theories have been given for this phenomenon: that women are more concerned with their physical appearance, even in death; that women aren't as familiar with guns as men are; and that women don't want to upset their loved ones who might find their disfigured bodies."

10. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I feel the same! And I can't really pinpoint what exactly makes me feel this way.

ilovematt, watcher9, BaffleMe and 2 others like this.
  11. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Because his "look" is hipster and hers is more club-goer? I don't know...that's my old lady take on it ;). I don't necessarily think they look like an odd couple though.

12. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Yes that's right. Different styles.

13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Hmm..rbbm
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nichol-olsen-alexa-denice-montez-london-bribiescas/
    "Montez’s father Carlos shared his grief on social media after learning his daughter had been killed.

“There goes my life,” he wrote.

Bribiesca’s aunt, Emma Mancha Sumners, wrote that London “liked monkeys, painting, and theater. She was going to go to Costa Rica with us this summer, before starting middle school.”

“She had her first glass of champagne a week ago, and will never grow up to be who she was supposed to be,” Sumners wrote. “I know there are people on here who can somehow get this message to the bastard who took her from us. So let him know that I’m going to spend every bit of energy and resources I have making sure he rots in jail. Also tell him that you know me, and that I don’t make empty threats.”

14. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

RSBM.

Well, that definitely sounds like SHE has a theory of a suspect, and it's not Nichol.

15. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

Yep.

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Gorgeous girls. So sad.

17. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

Well, my gut is usually pretty on target, and I got a red flag. I am really trying to figure it out, but have not yet. Something is off here. (well, obviously before the deaths, I mean)

18. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Active Member

At the risk of sounding rude, their incomes were not in the same ball park.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 4:26 PM
    otto, not.a.muggle, Canaille and 4 others like this.
  19. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Why would they have towed his truck? Does LE think he may have shot them and then left? And then left remnants of their murders in his truck? Or are they thinking the 3 were killed elsewhere and then brought back to the house? Did the bodies appear staged? Was there a lot of blood around the bodies? Maybe it's just due diligence that they process his truck.

20. KellyConQueso

He was probably the last person to see them alive and also the person that found them deceased. Seems like due diligence to me - checking for weapons, blood, gun-shot residue, etc. I think the police have a very good idea of what happened based on the scene itself but would be negligent not to check out the boyfriend thoroughly.