TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by cybervampira, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaffleMe

BaffleMe Well-Known Member

I'll vote "No" on that one. Good thought, though.

2. Cmsh

Cmsh Member

I live not far from the home and my children went to school with her two oldest children. This has rocked our community. Even though she had three children from three men she didn't seem like the type of person who would harm her children or herself. <modsnipped local rumor> It has been very strange how tight lipped the media and sheriff's office has been. Zero information since the day the bodies were discovered. They have not even identified the victims even though their schools have and the family has. The 31 year old boyfriend is Charlie Wheeler. It's a shame Texas Rangers or SAPD aren't involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  3. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

Is anyone here familiar with Texas laws concerning common law marriage? I wonder if the boyfriend had been trying to move her out and she refused. I would imagine it would be tough to leave that home with two young girls and have to possibly go into something significantly less.

4. Cmsh

Cmsh Member

Definitely, a possibility that she did not want to lose that life. Not sure what the laws are regarding Common Law.

5. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

Common Law Marriage in Texas - FindLaw

6. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

From another website:

Common Law Marriage in Texas

7. Carneceria

Carneceria Well-Known Member

I've been watching this one closely. It is weird how nothing additional has been released to the media considering its been a few days since their deaths. I'm sure LE is scouring through text messages, phone records, internet activity, security cameras, etc to rule out the boyfriend. I hope I'm wrong because from all accounts it appears she loved her children dearly, but in my opinion, it looks like a murder-suicide. Total speculation here but I'm betting things were on the rocks and she couldn't cope with another broken relationship, especially one that supported a comfortable lifestyle.

8. Benessa

Benessa Former Member

Yes they towed his Truck

9. KNinTX

KNinTX Well-Known Member

10. StrayKat

StrayKat Meowww

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  11. Carneceria

Carneceria Well-Known Member

12. BaffleMe

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  13. BaffleMe

Thought - What if someone didn't approve of CW's living arrangement? Maybe someone, we haven't mentioned, took matters into their own hands.

14. not-starving actress

not-starving actress Active Member

Poster on another online site said that local newspapers in the area are barely focusing on the cause of death but implying it's murder-suicide. Odd because LE would immediately know if the death scene is staged. Then again, LE must be super cautious not to make the slightest mistake due to the wealth and prominence of the Wheeler roots. After all they did tow BF truck immediately.

15. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

16. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Video at link.

'People loved her' | Friends remember mother, daughters found dead

Friends are reacting to the death of a mother and her two young daughters. The family was found dead inside a luxurious gated-community near Boerne.

Friends of the family like Bethany still have many unanswered questions. She is simply in shock. The person she knew and loved so much is now dead along with who she says is her ten and 16-year-old daughters.

Bethany found out on Thursday her close-friend Nichol Olsen was gone. Olsen was found dead inside a home, in the Anaqua Springs Ranch neighborhood, along with her two daughters.

Bethany can barely talk about her business partner she has known for almost ten years.

"Our lives will never be the same now because she brought so much to it," she said. "People loved her. People loved her girls."

[...]

17. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

18. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I'm not certain I understand since this happened in San Antonio/Boerne why things are quiet? Tilden though a small town does indeed have a large amount of wealth but should not have any impact on this case IMO.

19. nightowl1975

nightowl1975 Well-Known Member

Remember how investigators suggested SW killed her girls during the interview with CW? I never for one moment believed they actually thought this was a viable theory about what really happened. I think the comments about it being a possible murder suicide are along those lines. A “theory” designed to make a killer just comfortable enough to screw up. <modsnipped reference to local rumors> A killer can certainly try to make the scene LOOK like a murder suicide and would have plenty of reason to do so. <modsnipped accusations based on rumors> They’ve got to be very careful with how they handle this if they ever hope for a conviction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  20. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

Gun found at site? It's a certainty that the mom's hands have been checked for gunfire residue. And that would pretty much tell them what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.