TX TX - Noel Rodriguez-Alvarez, 6, family members say haven't seen since Nov 2022, Everman, 25 Mar 2023 *endangered*

APR 10, 2023
[...]

... Everman police say the boy's mother, Cindy Rodriguez-Singh purchased the patio and paid a contractor to put it in place within the last month.

Crews previously dug up small pieces of the concrete last week and did not find anything. Now crews are digging up the entire thing. The search is expected to go into the night.

[...]

The machinery stopped around 7 p.m. and the medical examiner arrived.

[...]

Spencer told WFAA Noel’s mother, Cindy Rodriguez Singh, purchased concrete in early March 2023, days before she and other immediate family members flew out of the country. According to investigators, Rodriguez-Singh paid for an entire porch, its roof, and a contractor to put in a concrete patio.

TRANSCRIPTION FROM ABOVE LINK

CHIEF
- We're over here today, obviously. We've been searching the area all day today with the assistance of TEXAR - the experts in the field. The decision was made a couple of hours ago, while we've got the supplies here, the resources here, to go ahead and take advantage of those resources. And again, being as thorough as we possibly can. So the investigative decision was made just a couple of hours ago to go ahead and remove the whole porch and do an excavation of the property just to make sure that we haven't missed anything. So, that's what we're out here doing this evening. We've got a lot of crews here helping us out, including TEXAR, Texas Rangers, obviously the current team that has been assisting us with this investigation, plus our detectives as well.

So, they're all out here right now. It will probably take us several hours to remove the entire concrete patio and then we've got anthropologists that'll come out here and assist us in excavating the dirt to make sure that we're being thorough.

REPORTER - Any evidence that Noel can be there?

CHIEF - No, there's no new evidence other than what we've already had before. So again, this is just an investigative decision to make sure that we're being as thorough as we can.

REPORTER - You dug up some of the concrete; it was only part of it and now you're doing the whole thing?

CHIEF - Yeah. So last week when we came out, we came out with the ground penetrating radar which showed an anomaly and a small section of that concrete patio. That was the only anomaly that was shown throughout the entire patio. So, investigators made a determination at that point that there was enough evidence to go ahead and move forward with a dig at that point. Now, we got the property owner's permission, we've been working with him, and we're just being as thorough as we possibly can and agree that we'll go ahead and tear up the whole patio.

REPORTER - And by anomaly - does that mean freshly poured concrete as if something was tampered with there?

CHIEF - So, the ground penetrating radar goes over top and searches the ground; it's looking for any kind of difference in the ground, so maybe the dirt had been stirred up or maybe an object of some sort underneath there, and that was detected by the ground penetrating radar. When we came out the first time we did do a complete search of the whole patio with the ground penetrating radar and it did not reveal anything new. However, we also know that ground penetrating radar isn't always 100%. So again, we're just being as thorough as we possibly can; making sure that we're not missing anything.

(cuts off at this point, hopefully they'll tweet the 2nd part)
Thank you for the transcription, Allabouttrial. I think this might be the full briefing. There's more, anyway, but it also ends abruptly! MOO

Thank you for the transcription, Allabouttrial. I think this might be the full briefing. There's more, anyway, but it also ends abruptly! MOO

Thank you!

TRANSCRIPTION FROM ABOVE LINK - Part 2

REPORTER
- When you say evidence, what kind of evidence?

CHIEF - What do you mean?

REPORTER - When you said you had some evidence?

CHIEF - No, no, we don't have any new evidence other than what I've revealed before about the new concrete patio being poured; the fact that Cindy's the one that paid for the concrete patio and she doesn't own the home. We find that very odd that she would spend her funds on somebody else's home to put in a concrete patio, especially one as large and elaborate as this. I mean, this was a pretty hefty investment.

REPORTER - Do we know when this is?

CHIEF - Yeah, it was within the last month, in early March.

REPORTER - In the last month, she paid to have that concrete poured back there?

CHIEF - Correct.

REPORTER - As well as the roof and all that?

CHIEF - Everything that's back there. The whole patio that was built was all last month.

REPORTER - (inaudible) or did she hire someone to do it?

CHIEF - It was a contractor, she hired a contractor to come in and do it.

REPORTER - How is the investigation to get to her?

CHIEF - You know, we're still moving forward with that. We've been engaging with our federal partners to try to work on locating her in India. They've obviously got assets there that we don't have, and then we'll continue to work with them and the US Marshals office and hopefully locate her, get her into custody and bring her back. I mean, we need her and her stepdad here, or I'm sorry, her and her husband here. We want them back in the US so we can talk with them because we have a lot of unanswered questions just like many of y'all. We've got a lot of unanswered questions we need to get answers for, so, we need them back here.

REPORTER - Is the wooded area search still going on?

CHIEF - Not actively right now. We've reallocated all of our resources since we're nearing the end of the day, back over here to help out with this excavation.

REPORTER - Is the whole thing coming down, the roof and the poles?

CHIEF - No, we're gonna leave the roof, just the concrete is going to come out, so we've got engineers back there that are going to assist them with making the appropriate cuts so that the structure can remain up and all the concrete underneath will come down.

REPORTER - Are you planning to search the roof?

CHIEF - No, we'll leave the roof, it's just a solid metal roof, so there's nothing there that we would need to remove for this search.

REPORTER - Are there any plans (inaudible) shed..?

CHIEF - No, so we did have the cadaver dogs come out again today, just to be as thorough as we can and there's no indication anywhere else in the yard. So at this point, the investigators really are only primarily concerned with what may be under the concrete patio, that maybe the dogs aren't able to alert to.

REPORTER - This has been weeks, hours; you're a small department, you have a lot of people helping out but just tell us what these long days are like?

CHIEF - They're long. They're long and frustrating. I mean, I don't think there's not a single one of the investigators that aren't taking this case home with him at this point. I mean, it's important to all of us. Most of us are fathers or mothers on this case. So we've got kids of our own and it's really means a lot to us to be able to solve this one. So, everybody that's on this case is really committed to it. We've all shown that intent. We've all been very thorough about wanting to solve this and find Noel and I don't think any of them are going to give up at this point. I mean, the commitment I've seen out of them is pretty tremendous. Everybody's exhausted physically, but the motivation is still there and everybody keeps pushing forward on this case and it's amazing to see them day after day come in and want to put in the work and effort to be able to find Noel.

REPORTER - Tonight is going to be a vigil; is it going to be held?

CHIEF - Yeah, we're gonna continue on with the vigil, just as normal, so we'll have that vigil here at 8:30 this evening. And again, the visual is not so much about the case, it's more about Noel. We want to make sure that it's all about Noel, we want to show Noel as much love as we possibly can and lift up some prayers for him for sure. And really just come together as a community, show our support for him.

REPORTER - Any idea what tomorrow you'll be focusing on?

CHIEF - You know, that changes hour by hour. I mean, as you can see here, this wasn't the plan at the beginning of the day. So I mean things change within the investigation hour by hour. So we'll continue this evening, we'll see what developments come from this tonight and we'll continue this evening. There's still search warrants that are out pending, that we're waiting on results to come back from for different data things. So, we'll see what those search warrants bring up and maybe what potential evidence they might bring and what direction that will carry us. Every day is a new adventure in this case right now.

REPORTER - You mean like phone records?

CHIEF - Yeah, I mean all kinds of data sources. Yes.

I hope they find him soon so he can be given a proper burial by those who loved him. Including the community and LE who are banding together for this little boy.

I feel like maybe stopping taking him to the doctors should have been more than a threat of taking the benefits away. It should have been a CPS visit. I know CPS are busy, but even in families where there isn't abuse happening it could be a good idea to explain to the parents and educate on how important these doctors appointments are for disabled kids. Noel needed medical help and his mother stopped providing it, I feel like more should have been done at that point. Or maybe there wasn't enough missed medical appointments for it to trigger an investigation since it was 'only' five months.

A large crowd gathered in the parking of the Everman Civic Center Monday night to honor the 6-year-old Noel Rodriguez-Alvarez who remains missing. Each person held a candle during the solemn service led by Everman Police Chief, Craig Spencer.

Parents hugged their children as Spencer vowed to help put an end to child abuse.

Numerous agencies were present including Mansfield, Grapevine, Euless, and Fort Worth Police Department along with Fort Worth Fire Department and Tarrant County Sherriff’s Office.

“Emotionally, this has been a difficult case to investigate,” Spencer said. “It has also been difficult to investigate. Many times, it has left me angry and confused.”

In the crowd tonight, the boy’s foster mom, Patricia Paris. Spencer said he spoke to Paris ahead of the vigil. Spencer said Paris fostered Noel a couple of years ago and described him as cheerful.

Spencer said he also had the opportunity to see videos of Noel while he was under the care of Paris. He said the videos only reignited his spirit to recommit to the case and find justice.

In the crowd tonight, the boy’s foster mom, Patricia Paris. Spencer said he spoke to Paris ahead of the vigil. Spencer said Paris fostered Noel a couple of years ago and described him as cheerful.

Spencer said he also had the opportunity to see videos of Noel while he was under the care of Paris. He said the videos only reignited his spirit to recommit to the case and find justice.

Is this new information or am I that behind? I did not know Noel was ever in foster care.

[snip]

Charles Parsons, the man who owns the property the family lived on, told NBC 5 Tuesday morning that he was a close friend to the family and has a picture of him holding Noel up on his wall.

Parsons said Noel's mother, Cindy Singh, poured the slab because he intended to leave his property to her when he died and that she treated it as her own.

"I think they just tore it up because they don't have ... no idea where the boy is and they're frustrated," Parsons said.

Parsons said he thinks Noel is alive and is living in Mexico with his family.

"I know the police are desperate to find the boy, but they are looking in the wrong place is all I can say. He is not here," Parsons said, adding that Noel's mother told him months ago that the child is living with an aunt in Mexico after his father said he didn't want to take custody.

Spencer said previously that investigators have talked to the boy's father several times and he said his son is not with him in Mexico. Spencer said, at this point, they have no reason to doubt the father's statements and that the father has reached out to them as well for updates on the case involving his missing son.
[snip]

I think he’s in denial, and will stick with whatever she told him as what he believes, either indefinitely or until Noel is found. It’s hard to believe someone you’ve known so long might harm their child, let alone on your property and over a long period of time.

MOO

"Noel has not yet been found in the search, and police did not say who they believed those remains would have belonged to.

A canine that specializes in detecting human remains alerted authorities to carpet that had been thrown out of the shed.
Authorities have said they are investigating the boy's disappearance as a death, though he has not been located."

Noting:

New leads provided by human remains detection dogs that alerted to multiple areas in the family’s back yard have led investigators to believe Noel’s body may have been kept around the yard and at one point possibly buried there and then concealed in a large carpet that was thrown away hours before the family fled the country on an international flight.

... Based on where the dogs alerted, police believe Noel’s body was at some point in a “make-shift” shed that stood where an “unpermitted and suspicious” concrete patio was built about a month ago.

Forensic anthropologists from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office were called to the residence to dig after the cadaver dogs alerted to the topsoil under the concrete.

On Tuesday, authorities said teams recovered a large indoor-outdoor carpet that was thrown away by Noel’s stepfather, Arshdeep Singh, the evening before he and Rodriguez-Singh fled the country with six children on a Turkish Airways flight bound for Istanbul, police said in the news release. ...

APR 11, 2023
Investigators in Everman searching for 6-year-old Noel Rodriguez-Alvarez said that at some point in time, there were human remains contained within a shed where he lived. This was prior to the installation of a patio ...

[...]

Cadaver dogs alerted on the carpet on April 10 when Texas Search & Rescue and Texas Equusearch joined efforts to find Rodriguez-Alvarez. Investigators said the carpet was previously used as the base and flooring (directly on top of the ground) to a "make-shift" shed that was previously built where the current backyard patio sits. Once again, this led investigators back to the "unpermitted and suspicious" patio.

[...]

After removing the concrete patio, multiple cadaver dogs began alerting to the top soil directly underneath the concrete. Anthropologists from the Tarrant County Medical Examiners Office helped with digging efforts and provided expert guidance to investigators and crews. As digging efforts progressed, topsoil was removed and placed in specific areas nearby. Canines continued to alert to certain topsoil areas; however, discontinued alerting to the soil underneath the patio, according to police.

[...]

Is this new information or am I that behind? I did not know Noel was ever in foster care.
News to me also! Interesting.
There's an interview at this link with the woman who fostered him, as well as video of Noel playing in her yard. Grab some tissues. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back