TX - Parents reunited with infant swapped at birth

Blue eyes in an infant could turn to brown.

True but it is uncommon for Mestizo babies to be born with blue eyes. The hospital staff would have known that especially after the mother raised questions.

She kept asking him if baby was going to be white.
"Among the accusations made by the mother was that she asked Dr Guidos on several occasions if the baby would be white, to which he responded 'No, because Latin genes are stronger'. - See more at: http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...d-for-the-last-time.html#sthash.wizckdTh.dpuf

Hmmm...the article also notes she became more suspicious when the baby weighed 7 lbs a week after birth (whereas newborns typically lose a bit of weight).

So she knew that babies typically LOST a bit of weight after birth yet she asked several times what color her baby would be? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Since the baby was NOT hers and that has been proven I don't believe any statements from the doctor claiming she kept asking if the baby "will be white". She is clearly the victim here, so any negative statements about her from the doctor don't mean much IMO.

Hmmm...the article also notes she became more suspicious when the baby weighed 7 lbs a week after birth (whereas newborns typically lose a bit of weight).

So she knew that babies typically LOST a bit of weight after birth yet she asked several times what color her baby would be? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Since the baby was NOT hers and that has been proven I don't believe any statements from the doctor claiming she kept asking if the baby "will be white". She is clearly the victim here, so any negative statements about her from the doctor don't mean much IMO.

The article clearly says "according to accusations made by the mother, mother was asking the doctor of baby was going to be white." So this is not coming from the doctor.

The article clearly says "according to accusations made by the mother, mother was asking the doctor of baby was going to be white." So this is not coming from the doctor.

Well if the article STATES that it must be true!

There has been a LOT of mud slinging in this case, and it's kind of understandable given the nature of what happened. I think the mum's imagination initially ran away with her, and he doctor should have kept a professional silence. On the face of it it seems to have been a "simple" mix up, terrifying and awful as it is, it happened.

The other couple are reportedly going to tell their story soon, and I hope they do. Feel sorrier for them - they literally had a call saying their baby was being taken away and then he was.

Some photos of the Cushworths with their real son - what a cutie! You'd think the other family (assuming they're both El Salvadorean) would have thought something was amiss with such a fair skinned blue eyed baby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reunited-son-Moses-vow-make-culprits-pay.html

Agreed.

I hear what everyone is saying about this being a simple mistake, but I can't get over certain things:

She said she had always thought it was odd that the doctor at the Hospital Centro Ginecologico kept insisting that her child would be born with dark skin, despite the father being white.
“How would he know that from the ultrasound scans, and why would he keep saying it?” Casanellas was quoted as saying in the Daily Mail, remembering previous visits to Dr. Alejandra Guidos.
She said she briefly got to her hold her son after the birth, and that the child she delivered had white skin like his father.
“I was very stressed at first because the baby took a while to start breathing, but then I held him and remember thinking that he looked like my husband,” Casanellas said. “He was very white and had similar features. I remember seeing his genitals and thinking that they were white and pinkish.”
She was soon visited by an anesthesiologist, she claims, who told her she was nervous and was going to be given something to put her to sleep.
“After that I don't remember anything, until I woke up the next morning,” she said.
That’s when Casanellas claims she was given a different child with darker skin. http://www.opposingviews.com/i/heal...-was-swapped-birth-el-salvador-hospital-video

Why would the doctor keep talking about how her baby would be born with darker skin? What was his motivation? And why was she given something to knock her out AFTER the birth? That is not at all usual. The time after the birth is when the nervousness and anxiety have dissipated and the tiredness sets in.

I don;t know what the reason for a purposeful mix up would be as the "lighter" baby wasn't given to an adoptive family - unless the doctor got cold feet or something - so perhaps it was just a strange coincidence.

But I am glad they are investigating.

What a harrowing situation
But did anyone besides me wonder why mom wanted reassurance from her OB that she would have a "light" skinned baby while she was still pregnant?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, that changes things for me. If she was the one asking then it makes sense that he might respond that way. I thought he was simply offering that info.

In some countries south of the border, due to years of a caste system imposed by colonizers, skin color is super important with dark-skinned people seen as less desirable, prosperous, etc.

She kept asking him if baby was going to be white.
"Among the accusations made by the mother was that she asked Dr Guidos on several occasions if the baby would be white, to which he responded 'No, because Latin genes are stronger'. - See more at: http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...d-for-the-last-time.html#sthash.wizckdTh.dpuf

Accused doctor wasn't even in charge of infants. He says they did a c-section on the mother because baby had an umbilical cord around his neck.

"He said: “How could I have stolen the baby when I was with the patient and I didn’t even see the baby after the delivery? I did the C-section and after that I didn’t see the baby."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...d-done-something-wrong-I-would-have-fled.html

Well, that changes things for me. If she was the one asking then it makes sense that he might respond that way. I thought he was simply offering that info.

In some countries south of the border, due to years of a caste system imposed by colonizers, skin color is super important with dark-skinned people seen as less desirable, prosperous, etc.

Well, the doctor clearly was wrong. Her bio baby looks very white, with blue eyes. But yea, it would appear she was the one asking if baby was going to be white. It's surprising the other couple didn't notice the child they were given was white. Their bio child looks nothing like the one they were given.

What story were you reading? I read the doctor kept TELLING her she would have a dark skinned baby.
Hi Sonya610, I'm on my phone so I can't link, she actually asked him first. If I can get to my computer later I will link. The best I can do is post 6 article linked by Sofie rose. All the way at the bottom of very long article it states she asked OB several times while she was pregnant. He told her no, Latin genes are stronger.
I have read this several times. Sorry no link.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88