Identified! TX - Pecos, WhtFem, 17-20, UP13480, found dead in motel swimming pool Jul 66 - Jolaine Hemmy

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Moonwalker9, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Susikatze

Susikatze Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that if I type in the route from Kansas City to Las Vegas on Google, it suggests a very similar route close to the Mexican border to me, instead of going through Colorado. So it is entirely possible they planned to go to Las Vegas and not to Mexico.

2. Susikatze

Totally agree on the bathing suit question. Id love to know if she brought it with her (would suggest she exactly knew she would leave) or if it was purchased along the road.

3. wishBones1962

wishBones1962 Well-Known Member

Call me confused, but how does Kansas City KS keep coming up in the thread? The decedent is from Salina KS, yes? And the UI male took the hotel registration card with him? Salina KS is 175 miles west of Kansas City KS.
    MOO

aThousandYearsWide and MadMcGoo like this.
  4. wary

wary Well-Known Member

It seems logical to me that he might sent postcards/letters in her name, even if he knew she was dead. He may have known that she had no identification with her—so pointing the search in a different direction would seem important.

I mean that he might suspect or guess that she would not be immediately identified.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    MadMcGoo and Susikatze like this.
  5. Susikatze

From my understanding, she grew up in Salina, but had moved to Kansas City some time before she disappeared. It has been brought up by various sources. But maybe that is a wrong information, she was 17... not exactly the age yet to leave your tightly knit big and loving family... but it said she worked with her sister? So maybe they moved together?

MadMcGoo and wishBones1962 like this.
  6. othram

othram Verified Owner of Othram Inc/DNA Expert

This is correct. After high school, she moved in with an older sister and was working at a diner.

7. wishBones1962

wishBones1962 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the explanation. I missed it somewhere. So she actually was living in KCK and left from there.

MadMcGoo and Susikatze like this.