TX - Perp Aboard: minivan mom protects kids, disarms, punches, and runs over felon

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by wfgodot, Jun 16, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Baytown mom punches, runs over robber who threatened her kids . (wfaa.com)
    more at the link, with pictures of mom, perp

2. Loading...

3. Woodland

Woodland New Member

You Go Texas Mom! I get it - don't mess with my cubs and it was very brave of her to have the presence of mind to stop him by whatever means possible so he could not hurt or threaten anyone else's cubs.

Good for her!

4. Show Me

Show Me New Member

5. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Haha, perp in the mugshot looks EXTREMELY sorry he messed with this woman! :lol:

6. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

If she had stuck that knife in the side of his neck and twisted it a few times well...problem solved. I hope her mini-van wasn't damaged when she had to run him over. I doubt if she carries full collision.

The guy is probably mentally ill and can't help his actions and that is sad but....she could have said reassuring words while he bled out. Course that would have meant a new passenger side car seat.

Yeah I realize adrenaline doesn't allow for complex thoughts...just pontificating.

7. txsvicki

txsvicki New Member

He looks like he's whining and giving some sob story in the mug shot. A former rape conviction and still a predator.

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Glad she didn't stab him inside the minivan. Kids were in the car. However, after she'd run him down, she might have backed up over him, and, well. But justice'll git done. Caught the sucker bang to rights.

9. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Can you imagine how much fun he is going to have in prison? He already has a "rep."

Beat up and bested by a soccer mom!

10. Tonya421

Tonya421 New Member

Don't jack with a soccer-mom!

It's great to read stories like these where the parent is the hero of the story instead of the criminal!

If she gets charged for hitting him, I'm gonna flip!

11. my_tee_mouse

my_tee_mouse Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Don't mess with mommas. They'll turn into Grizzly bears when you endanger their cubs! lol

Reminds me of the time three of my co-workers and I were walking in Court Square in downtown Memphis. We heard these screams of, "Help! Help!" So we...and many other folks...ran in the direction of the panic to help whoever was in need.

When we got there, an older woman was beating the screaming man with her "pocket book." Yeah, she was beating the stuffins out of him. Seems he had tried to steal her purse, and she didn't like that much! The man got no help from the crowd, but the woman sure had a cheering section! lol

12. Reader

Reader New Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-pro...ed-wrong-witch/story?id=19414166#.Ub5K1SnD9jo

A Texas mother's determination to keep her family out of danger drove her to battle an alleged carjacker until he fled from her minivan -- only to be struck by her vehicle as she tried to "stop him so he didn't hurt anybody else," the woman said.

While Dorothy Baker and her 2-year-old and 5-year-old sons were shopping Friday at a CVS in Baytown, Texas, a man identified as Ismael Martinez allegedly hid out in her unlocked van, police said. ......more....

Love it!

13. CuriousGrace

CuriousGrace WS Member

Such quick thinking from her!!!

Here is Texas Mom's complete recollection of what happened:

http://dbflugence.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/i-ran-over-my-attacker-with-my-van.html

14. txsvicki

txsvicki New Member

He'll probably be able to collect on her auto insurance with some bogus back injury settlement. I would have tried to run into a pole since he wasn't buckled in, too.

15. teedie2

teedie2 Active Member

Love this story, love this mom and her courage in protecting her children. But, maybe, next time ... she might lock her car when she parks it.

Maybe this was meant to be. If she had locked her car, he might have gotten into some other unlocked car, and it might have had a bad result for the victim(s).

What a woman!

Still ... better you should lock your cars when you get out of them.