Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says "Pvt. 1st Class Vanessa Guillen was last seen around 1 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of her Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood. Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood"

So this confuses me because it says "Regimental Engineer Squadron" is that what the Army calls their MP squadrons?

'Extensive search' for missing soldier, 20, last seen on Texas army base continues after keys, wallet found
She isn't an MP, she works as a small arms repairer, and even though I'm ex-army, I didn't know the army had 'squadrons', I thought that was an Air Force thing. I thought the squadron thing might have something to do with working at the airfield. It may be my fault that people think she's an MP, if it is, I'm really sorry. I said something about MPs somewhere in the early morning hours and I may have caused confusion.
I stumbled on this discussion in the middle of the night and was trying to keep current with everything at once.

That's what I'm wondering about, I'm sure others are, too.

Which now makes me wonder what base security knows that we don't. If they know much. The reward could very well be a sign that base PMO think foul play is involved or presumed to be involved. Could be they're offering it because they think people on base have information.

I've never seen a reward offered for a missing military member, at least not in recent memory. Weird too that she went missing on the base, that's really rare.
I think the reward is to get people to really start thinking,
Did I see her? Was so and so at lunch. Did I see something strange.

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering about, I'm sure others are, too.

Which now makes me wonder what base security knows that we don't. If they know much. The reward could very well be a sign that base PMO think foul play is involved or presumed to be involved. Could be they're offering it because they think people on base have information.

I've never seen a reward offered for a missing military member, at least not in recent memory. Weird too that she went missing on the base, that's really rare.
Yeah, I can’t find a reward either. The amount they are offering is in the ballpark of what CID has offered for homicides in the past.

Everything they are doing screams “foul play.”

She disappeared during working hours in the middle of the day. She also left important belongings behind that seem to indicate she had every intention of returning.

A week has passed, and her family apparently hasn’t heard a thing. None of this bodes well.

This article says "Pvt. 1st Class Vanessa Guillen was last seen around 1 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of her Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood. Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood"

This might help to visualize her job:

What Do 91F - Small Arms/Artillery Repairers Do?

Most units have an armory room with all their rifles, handguns, and small machine guns. Armorers keep it all maintained and accounted for.

Last edited:
After Soldier Vanishes From Fort Hood, Army Offers $15,000 Reward For Information

SABBM:

"Individuals are strongly encouraged to come forward if they have credible information to help locate Guillen," the release reads. "People wishing to remain anonymous will be honored to the degree allowable under the law and the information will be held in the strictest confidence allowable."

"Strongly encouraged to come forward..."

Translation: If you value your own freedom and/or hide, you'd better start squawking.

This language doesn't sound like they're grasping at straws by offering this reward $$$.

Sounds to me like the CID firmly believes that someone out there knows something.

JMO.

Last edited:
‘Please help me find my girlfriend’: $15K reward offered for missing soldier who mysteriously vanished almost a week ago [Update]

SABBM:

The sister told NBCDFW she felt something was off after Guillen sent a text message on April 22 about “going in to work” at around 9 a.m., then stopped all communication afterward. Her cellphone, which was apparently turned off by someone, is also missing.

I know it's been reported where the phone last pinged, but I don't recall reading anywhere else that the phone was "apparently turned off by someone" vs. the battery going dead, the phone being tossed into water, etc.

I wonder if that's just an assumption being made or if Leigh E. has obtained some inside information r/t the phone.

JMO.

‘Please help me find my girlfriend’: $15K reward offered for missing soldier who mysteriously vanished almost a week ago [Update]

SABBM:

The sister told NBCDFW she felt something was off after Guillen sent a text message on April 22 about “going in to work” at around 9 a.m., then stopped all communication afterward. Her cellphone, which was apparently turned off by someone, is also missing.

I know it's been reported where the phone last pinged, but I don't recall reading anywhere else that the phone was "apparently turned off by someone" vs. the battery going dead, the phone being tossed into water, etc.

I wonder if that's just an assumption being made or if Leigh E. has obtained some inside information r/t the phone.

JMO.
The important thing is that the phone is no longer communicating (powered on).

Whether that’s because the battery died, the phone was destroyed, or it’s simply turned off, there’s no way of knowing.

The important thing is that the phone is no longer communicating (powered on).

Whether that’s because the battery died, the phone was destroyed, or it’s simply turned off, there’s no way of knowing.

I think the reason that the phone is no longer communicating is extremely important.
The fact that there's no way for us to know why it isn't, notwithstanding.

The time that it last pinged is also critical, because it likely indicates the time that someone else came to be in possession of her phone, as we saw in the McKenzie Lueck case.

I know there were reports of where the phone last pinged, but has anyone seen it reported what time?

JMO.

Last edited:
I think the reason that the phone is no longer communicating is extremely important.

The fact that there's no way for us to know why it isn't, notwithstanding.

The time that it last pinged is also important, because it likely indicates the time that someone else came to be in possession of her phone, as we saw in the McKenzie Lueck case.

I know there were reports of where the phone last pinged, but has anyone seen it reported what time?

JMO.
Regardless of where the phone was actually pinging from, it appears that it was still active in the hours after her disappearance. By now, I can’t imagine that law enforcement hasn’t been able to subpoena those records.

There’s a decent chance that they may shed a great deal of light here. I’m just hoping to hear something new soon.

After Soldier Vanishes From Fort Hood, Army Offers $15,000 Reward For Information

SABBM:

"Individuals are strongly encouraged to come forward if they have credible information to help locate Guillen," the release reads. "People wishing to remain anonymous will be honored to the degree allowable under the law and the information will be held in the strictest confidence allowable."

"Strongly encouraged to come forward..."

Translation: If you value your own freedom and/or hide, you'd better start squawking.

This language doesn't sound like they're grasping at straws by offering this reward $$$.

Sounds to me like the CID firmly believes that someone out there knows something.

JMO.

Interesting.

The last case I remember where someone went missing on a military base, and it turned into a big deal, was the service member who went missing on Camp Hansen some years ago. Murder of a young man at the hands of several of his co-workers, they were part of a theft ring that stole from PX's on the island and they'd thought he'd ratted them out to the PMO.

Rare that someone goes missing on board a military base, and it turns into a murder investigation. I can't think of many in the news in the last 20 years, the Camp Hansen case was a bad one they shoved him into a culvert. Other than that some shady deaths happened in Iraq, but I don't think they involved disappearances on the bases.

One thing to consider is if someone or some people want to do harm to a service member, often times it's off-base for what I think are obvious reasons. That and the jurisdiction is different, military/federal court and penalties vs. civilian court/penalties.

JMO

Regardless of where the phone was actually pinging from, it appears that it was still active in the hours after her disappearance. By now, I can’t imagine that law enforcement hasn’t been able to subpoena those records.

There’s a decent chance that they may shed a great deal of light here. I’m just hoping to hear something new soon.

Yah the phone records will be huge.

IF they can pin point where and when the phone traveled past certain locations. (Which I think they will be able to if it last pinged some 20 miles away).

They then will likely be able to identify the vehicle that it was in and when it passed by certain surveillance cameras.

They will learn a lot if they haven't already

Interesting.

The last case I remember where someone went missing on a military base, and it turned into a big deal, was the service member who went missing on Camp Hansen some years ago. Murder of a young man at the hands of several of his co-workers, they were part of a theft ring that stole from PX's on the island and they'd thought he'd ratted them out to the PMO.

Rare that someone goes missing on board a military base, and it turns into a murder investigation. I can't think of many in the news in the last 20 years, the Camp Hansen case was a bad one they shoved him into a culvert. Other than that some shady deaths happened in Iraq, but I don't think they involved disappearances on the bases.

One thing to consider is if someone or some people want to do harm to a service member, often times it's off-base for what I think are obvious reasons. That and the jurisdiction is different, military/federal court and penalties vs. civilian court/penalties.

JMO

So this is a case that happened at Ft. Hood and it's horrendous that it's being swept under the rug!
Army Pvt. Paige Fontenot Briles Found Unresponsive in Vehicle at Fort Hood Housing in Texas;

Army Pvt. Paige Fontenot Briles Found Unresponsive in Vehicle at Fort Hood Housing in Texas; Despite Suicide Ruling, Family Requests Homicide Investigation (December 24, 2016)

Massguy, im totally seeing it the way you are, However I would assume that if someone has been an issue to her, she would have made it known to those she talked to closest.

Massguy, im totally seeing it the way you are, However I would assume that if someone has been an issue to her, she would have made it known to those she talked to closest.
It sounds like that came from someone purporting to be a friend. I can’t find any further reference to it, and am always skeptical of early information that does not come from authorities.

I’m pretty much ignoring reports of both a ping off base, and that supposed gas station purchase.

I think every unit has a armory. Correct me if i am wrong @MassGuy etc.
I’m pretty sure every base has one, but I’m not sure if some bases have multiple.

These weapons can only be checked out with permission. When you deploy (atleast in my experience), each unit has armorers assigned to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow