Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have bare bones information, and not enough to really draw much of a conclusion. The military doesn’t make a habit of over sharing.

My guess is when she didn’t return, it was reported to her command. The way they are handling this though, makes me feel like foul play is atleast being explored.

Yeah I believe there was likely foul play involved, she wouldn't have likely left the base without her military ID and wallet. Additionally I have a feeling the person responsible is going to be somebody that was on base. MOO

Yeah I believe there was likely foul play involved, she wouldn't have likely left the base without her military ID and wallet. Additionally I have a feeling the person responsible is going to be somebody that was on base. MOO
Yeah, if you want to take off and go AWOL, this is a very strange way to do it.

Foul play is a bit strange too though, as she disappeared in broad daylight. We just need more info.

IMO I am very worried because her sister is worried. Who knows you better than your sister. She must be in top shape to be in the military. This sounds very serious and the possibility of going AWOL should be considered last.

So many things happen to women while serving in the military. She was pretty, and tiny. Definitely doesnt make sense to take a phone but leave keys behind. I dont know anything about military bases, isn't it a bold move to abduct someone from a base???

So many things happen to women while serving in the military. She was pretty, and tiny. Definitely doesnt make sense to take a phone but leave keys behind. I dont know anything about military bases, isn't it a bold move to abduct someone from a base???
Especially in broad daylight, and during lunchtime (when people are constantly coming and going).

If another service-member or a base employee was involved, then it shouldn’t be hard to figure out who that person is.

They would likely have been unaccounted for during the hours surrounding her disappearance.

If kidnapped she may of simply had the phone on her, or holding it..
She has a boyfriend according to FB.

MOO

If kidnapped she may of simply had the phone on her, or holding it..
She has a boyfriend according to FB.

MOO
If she was kidnapped, it would seem that she was abducted from the armory where she left her belongings at, since I really can't imagine anyone would leave keys, and wallet behind intentionally, even if just making a quick trip to the parking lot. My wallet would never be left behind, that's for certain.

If she was kidnapped, it would seem that she was abducted from the armory where she left her belongings at, since I really can't imagine anyone would leave keys, and wallet behind intentionally, even if just making a quick trip to the parking lot. My wallet would never be left behind, that's for certain.

This was my thinking as well, I think they May even know who she left with by now. I think there’s more info that they haven’t released yet jmo

Just a theory... she went missing in athletic clothes around 1 pm as i understand it. Could she have planned a run during her lunch break? Then it would make sense that she left vital belongings behind. Maybe someone grabbed her while on a run? To me it does not sound like a AWOL situation, but hoping for a positive outcome!

She was last seen in her barracks parking lot but her car keys were back in her workplace.
Possible reasons for that: crossing through parking lot, forgot she didn't have her car key, meeting someone for some reason.

BBM:

I agree with this, but it's incredibly difficult to envision a scenario where someone could be "kidnapped" from an armory.

It's not like people can just stroll in and out of an armory room with unfettered access…at least, I would hope not.

The fact that her keys, ID, etc., were left in the armory when she was last seen in the parking lot is flat weird.

I don't know anyone who would leave all their valuables, including car keys, laying out in the open while they went out to the parking lot. Most people would at least toss their keys in their pocket along with their cell.

Additionally, I don't know how it works in the military, but would or wouldn't she be expected to show her ID before re-entering the armory?

If VG had last been seen in a parking lot and LE had found her valuables strewn around in the parking lot, then I would have been firmly in the camp that she had been abducted/was involuntarily missing.

This very much looks and sounds like staging to me, i.e., it looks as if VG left her personals behind in an effort to make it look as though she had gone involuntarily missing vs. AWOL.

This is a really odd set of circumstances surrounding this disappearance.

JMO.

Last edited:
AWOL or kidnapping are not odd i. Broad daylight.

Kidnapping off a military base, with personal effects left behind in an armory room, strikes me as being extremely odd.

AWOL makes a lot more sense, if you take into account someone wanting to make it look as if they had not left voluntarily.

For some reason, I'm getting Sherri Papini vibes on this case, and I'm not even sure why.
To be clear: I could be entirely wrong, and that was just an initial gut-level reaction.
But my mind immediately went to the Papini case.

JMO.

Vanessa Guillen: Police search for Fort Hood soldier who hasn't been seen since Wednesday - CNN
Fort Hood officials and special agents from the US Army CID are asking the public for help locating Guillen and a "Be on the Lookout," or BOLO, notice has been issued to law enforcement in the area.

"An extensive search is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police," the release said.

Guillen is described as 5 feet 2 inches, 126 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Fort Hood is a U.S. military post located in Killeen, Texas. It covers roughly 340 square miles of Coryell and Bell counties in central Texas between Waco and Austin and is home to III Corps and The First Cavalry Division, as well as many tenant units, according to Military.com

Anyone with information about Guillen’s whereabouts is asked to contact Army CID Special Agents at 254-495-7767 or the Military Police Desk at 254-287-4001.

More @link
10cc TOS/WS

BBM:

I agree with this, but it's incredibly difficult to envision a scenario where someone could be "kidnapped" from an armory.

It's not like people can just stroll in and out of an armory room with unfettered access…at least, I would hope not.

The fact that her keys, ID, etc., were left in the armory when she was last seen in the parking lot is flat weird.

I don't know anyone who would leave all their valuables, including car keys, laying out in the open while they went out to the parking lot. Most people would at least toss their keys in their pocket along with their cell.

Additionally, I don't know how it works in the military, but would or wouldn't she be expected to show her ID before re-entering the armory?

If VG had last been seen in a parking lot and LE had found her valuables strewn around in the parking lot, then I would have been firmly in the camp that she had been abducted/was involuntarily missing.

This very much looks and sounds like staging to me, i.e., it looks as if VG left her personals behind in an effort to make it look as though she had gone involuntarily missing vs. AWOL.

JMO.

Although It would seem highly unusual for someone to go AWOL without at least taking their wallet IMO

I'm sure they have been reviewing surveillance video of every vehicle that was coming and going thru the gates around the time of her going missing.

It seems that at the very least her phone and presumably she had to of left the base in someones vehicle if reports are true that her phone was last tracked to Belton Texas some 30 miles away.

It would surprise me if the military would release such information and ask for outside assistance if they thought this was a simple AWOL case.

A “Be on the Lookout” (BOLO) notice was issued by Fort Hood Military Police notifying surrounding law enforcement. An “extensive search” is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police, the press release said.

Fort Hood officials and Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command are also asking for the public’s assistance in their search.

Her sister, Mayra Guillen, shared a Facebook post on Friday, writing: “My sister... last seen two days ago. Phone last tracked at Belton, Texas. No contact with boyfriend, close friends or family. Belongings and CAR are at base too back in fort hood. Something is not right please help me find her. Houston Austin Fr hood/ Killeen areas."

'Extensive search' for missing soldier, 20, last seen on Texas army base continues after keys, wallet found

Although It would seem highly unusual for someone to go AWOL without at least taking their wallet IMO

I'm sure they have been reviewing surveillance video of every vehicle that was coming and going thru the gates around the time of her going missing.

It seems that at the very least her phone and presumably she had to of left the base in someones vehicle if reports are true that her phone was last tracked to Belton Texas some 30 miles away.

It would surprise me if the military would release such information and ask for outside assistance if they thought this was a simple AWOL case.

A “Be on the Lookout” (BOLO) notice was issued by Fort Hood Military Police notifying surrounding law enforcement. An “extensive search” is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police, the press release said.

Fort Hood officials and Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command are also asking for the public’s assistance in their search.

Her sister, Mayra Guillen, shared a Facebook post on Friday, writing: “My sister... last seen two days ago. Phone last tracked at Belton, Texas. No contact with boyfriend, close friends or family. Belongings and CAR are at base too back in fort hood. Something is not right please help me find her. Houston Austin Fr hood/ Killeen areas."

'Extensive search' for missing soldier, 20, last seen on Texas army base continues after keys, wallet found

Oh, make no mistake: If this is an AWOL case, it's not a simple one.

Again, the Papini case is what springs to mind.

And we know LE took that case very, very seriously…as they actually believed SP had been abducted.

JMO.

Last edited:
Vanessa Guillen: Police search for Fort Hood soldier who hasn't been seen since Wednesday - CNN
Fort Hood officials and special agents from the US Army CID are asking the public for help locating Guillen and a "Be on the Lookout," or BOLO, notice has been issued to law enforcement in the area.

"An extensive search is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police," the release said.

Guillen is described as 5 feet 2 inches, 126 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Fort Hood is a U.S. military post located in Killeen, Texas. It covers roughly 340 square miles of Coryell and Bell counties in central Texas between Waco and Austin and is home to III Corps and The First Cavalry Division, as well as many tenant units, according to Military.com

Anyone with information about Guillen’s whereabouts is asked to contact Army CID Special Agents at 254-495-7767 or the Military Police Desk at 254-287-4001.

More @link
10cc TOS/WS

Also from that linked article above:

Vanessa Guillen, 20, was last seen in the parking lot of her barracks at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, on April 22 around 1 p.m., according to a news release from the United States Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID).
Keys to her car and room were found in the armory where she was working earlier in the day along with her identification card and wallet, the release said.

Okay. So she was last seen back at the parking lot to her barracks, but she left her valuables back at the armory?

I'm hoping someone with a military background can clarify for those of us who are civilians :
  • After military have signed in/shown their ID, can they subsequently exit and re-enter the armory without showing their ID for the rest of the day?
  • Is it pretty typical for service members to leave their ID and car keys back at their work station while they break for lunch, run a quick errand out of the building, etc.?

Last edited:
BBM:

JMO.

MOO Her belongings were likely secured in a drawer or locker in the armory. Hopefully she is just AWOL
MOO AWOLs are hardly investigated, waste of time, military comes and picks you up when your AWOL SSN or other ID and info comes up. For instance when getting a license or job.

MOO Her belongings were likely secured in a drawer or locker in the armory. Hopefully she is just AWOL
MOO AWOLs are hardly investigated, waste of time, military comes and picks you up when your AWOL SSN or other ID and info comes up. For instance when getting a license or job.

BBM:

Thanks!

Follow up question: Do you know if personnel have to show their ID each time they enter the armory, or is that not required?

I wonder if military personnel at Fort Hood that live on and off base have had any kind of restrictions placed on them due to covid-19?

Where they still allowed to come and go in all areas on the base?

Where they allowed to leave base when they were on break, at lunch etc or were there tighter restrictions during this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member