Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if military personnel at Fort Hood that live on and off base have had any kind of restrictions placed on them due to covid-19?

Where they still allowed to come and go in all areas on the base?

Where they allowed to leave base when they were on break, at lunch etc or were there tighter restrictions during this time?
BBM:

That's a great point.

Here's what I've found so far:

Fort Hood COVID-19 Information :: U.S Army Fort Hood

Some services on Fort Hood limited due to COVID-19
SABBM:
Soldiers and Department of the Army police will not be checking identification cards at this time. All entry onto the installation will by through automated installation entry machine ID card scanning only.

Also, this: III Corps and Fort Hood issues shelter-in-place orders, curfew
SABBM:
According to the order, no visitors are allowed in barracks or on-post housing. Visitors are defined in the order as “any person who does not normally reside in the normal place of residence of the soldier.”

Last edited:
BBM:

That's a great point.

Here's what I've found so far: Fort Hood COVID-19 Information :: U.S Army Fort Hood

Also, this: III Corps and Fort Hood issues shelter-in-place orders, curfew

According to the order, no visitors are allowed in barracks or on-post housing. Visitors are defined in the order as “any person who does not normally reside in the normal place of residence of the soldier.”

It seems like there was likely a reduction in civilian vehicles that were coming and going thru the gates that should make it easier for them to zero in on specific vehicles that may have left the base at the general time in question. Still a lot of footage to sort thru but if they haven't found something already, that information along with the missing individuals phone information should help lead them in the right direction.

Also I would think surveillance videos from off base locations where the phone was active may help narrow down what may have transpired here.

Last edited:
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/fort-hood-vanessa-guillen-missing

SABBM:
  • Her keys, ID card, wallet, and barracks room key were all found later in the armory room that she was working in that day.
This article is stating her barracks room key was also found in the armory room.

If true, then it makes it even odder that she was last seen in the parking lot outside of her barracks.

Clearly, she wasn't planning on returning to her room at that point if she left her key back at the armory.

It's really sounding like she planned to meet someone in that parking lot…the questions are who, and for what purpose?

Her cell phone records likely hold the answers to both questions.

JMO.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/fort-hood-vanessa-guillen-missing

SABBM:
  • Her keys, ID card, wallet, and barracks room key were all found later in the armory room that she was working in that day.
This article is stating her barracks room key was also found in the armory room.

If true, then it makes it even odder that she was last seen in the parking lot outside of her barracks.

Clearly, she wasn't planning on returning to her room at that point if she left her key back at the armory.

JMO.

Yah almost seems like she was meeting up with someone. Whether she is missing of her own free will or Whether she came to some kind of foul play is the key question IMO

Last seen in the lot. By who? Doing what? Corroborated by who?

Working in the armory earlier. With who? Verifications?

She's a runner, and leggings and a t-shirt, and a lack of bulky items, doesn't seem out of place.

Is BF also stationed there? *Looks like not military

Largest and most populated military installation in the world...

Last edited:

She's a runner, and leggings and a t-shirt, and a lack of bulky items, doesn't seem out of place.

Is BF also stationed there?

I haven't see that mentioned anywhere for certain by who, possible eyewitness, surveillance cameras?

I'm almost positive based on what I have heard from others that Military Armories have a detailed check in check out procedure for all individuals that enter and exit. Mainly due to the nature of what is inside. They would know who was working and who entered and left and at what specific time.

Is BF also stationed there?

We can't sleuth the bf and it has not been stated in msm one way or another

Last edited:
First off yes someone would go off base with leaving their military ID behind...by accident. I could see if she was working in the armory and taken her ID out of her pocket or maybe she carries it in a small flat wallet and keeps it in her purse or backpack or something. My husband says in the Coast Guard that most of the girls he works with usually keep theirs in their pocket or purse. They have 2 different cards. One that they have to use to log into computers and one that they use to get on base or door access.

1. Her missing person photo said she
2. I can imagine someone, especially a girl, to run out to the parking lot for something or to meet someone or talk to someone and leave their car keys and ID behind. Why would you grab all your stuff if A) you were planning on coming back or B) if going AWOL you won't need your ID anymore because after that you are NOT planning on getting back on base.

First off yes someone would go off base with leaving their military ID behind...by accident. I could see if she was working in the armory and taken her ID out of her pocket or maybe she carries it in a small flat wallet and keeps it in her purse or backpack or something. My husband says in the Coast Guard that most of the girls he works with usually keep theirs in their pocket or purse. They have 2 different cards. One that they have to use to log into computers and one that they use to get on base or door access.

1. Her missing person photo said she
2. I can imagine someone, especially a girl, to run out to the parking lot for something or to meet someone or talk to someone and leave their car keys and ID behind. Why would you grab all your stuff if A) you were planning on coming back or B) if going AWOL you won't need your ID anymore because after that you are NOT planning on getting back on base.
BBM:

It's hard to believe this is a common occurrence, though.

Strictly as a point of reference, @MassGuy, as a former Marine, how many times did you forget and leave your ID behind when you went off base?

JMO.

Also, why wouldn't she be in uniform if she was "working" in the armory that day? I'd almost bet my life with her being a PFC and being on duty she would have been in uniform, especially if she worked in the armory.

BBM:

Strictly as a point of reference, @MassGuy, as a former Marine, how many times did you forget and leave your ID behind when you went off base?

JMO.
A lot. If you are in uniform though, they tend to just wave you through the gate.

I think she was either not planning to leave base, or if she was planning on leaving, she didn’t intend to return.

Also, why wouldn't she be in uniform if she was "working" in the armory that day? I'd almost bet my life with her being a PFC and being on duty she would have been in uniform, especially if she worked in the armory.

If she was planning on going for a run or something, she may have changed to workout clothes. She disappeared around lunch time, and that’s when many people workout.

BBM:

JMO.
But she didn't go off base. She just went to the parking lot. If she was just planning on going to the parking lot and not off base, she wouldn't need it to get back on base.

My husband is in the Coast Guard. There has been less than a handful of time my husband left one of his ID's on base. He left it in his computer card reader. He had to have it to log into his work station and he left it in there.

If she was planning on going for a run or something, she may have changed to workout clothes. She disappeared around lunch time, and that’s when many people workout.

If she was just running on base, she might not have taken her ID. I believe they still ID everyone if she went to the gym on base though. At least they use to ID people at the gym.

A lot. If you are in uniform though, they tend to just wave you through the gate.

I think she was either not planning to leave base, or if she was planning on leaving, she didn’t intend to return.

Good Grief. Why does that not surprise me?

While Occam says VG is off the base now, I suppose it's conceivable that she may in fact still be on the premises.

Size-wise, it looks like Fort Hood is as big as a small city.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members