Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Masamura, some housing units for single soldiers are located very far from the center of Fort Hood. It is literally 40 min drive and no check points between them, it is very remote, like a separate village...
It is clear that she either changed into workout gear to run or she was done for the day. Otherwise she would be in the uniform. I can totally see her leaving her cac card and a wallet in a locker and go for a run just with her phone...
I am sure they are checking out everyone who was close to her and most likely Vanessa's coworkers provided a lot of info...I feel that it is someone she closely knew...

Do you know if she was armed? Did she carry a handgun? Does anyone know if there are any weapons missing/unaccounted for?

<modsnip: personalizing>

If any weapons were missing from that armory the entire base would have been shut down.

Why would anyone carry a handgun on a base while running?

I served in a different branch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest town to Fort Hood is Killeen. Bad place. Especially areas adjacent to Base are pretty horrid. I heard it took first place in homicides per capita in the US. If Vanessa indeed met with someone to look at a car...anything could happen...

That information alone tells me she didn't leave the base for a run.

Shin Masamura, some housing units for single soldiers are located very far from the center of Fort Hood. It is literally 40 min drive and no check points between them, it is very remote, like a separate village...
It is clear that she either changed into workout gear to run or she was done for the day. Otherwise she would be in the uniform. I can totally see her leaving her cac card and a wallet in a locker and go for a run just with her phone...
I am sure they are checking out everyone who was close to her and most likely Vanessa's coworkers provided a lot of info...I feel that it is someone she closely knew...

Agree. Not likely a random community person, but a military or DoD civilian.
MOO one of them is a stalker or she ran into an impulsive opportunity killer.
Hopefully the army has some video surveillance of their boulevards.

We know from her sister that she needed a car would someone under false pretenses just say she/he was selling a car just to get her into the vehicle while they drive it? She was last seen in a parking lot...there is no scene then pulling someone in a vehicle.

I'm ex-military. Your ID is supposed to be with you always.
As long ago as it was, I was terrified I'd get sent to Ft. Hood.

I know that's drilled into people's heads. Since she was a PFC I'd think she'd be more concerned with making sure she's doing everything right. I'm sure there are a few that don't follow that to a "T".

We know from her sister that she needed a car would someone under false pretenses just say she/he was selling a car just to get her into the vehicle while they drive it? She was last seen in a parking lot...there is no scene then pulling someone in a vehicle.

Yes. That works,
"Hey, I am thinking of selling my car want to take a look?
Hopefully investigators are finding witnesses and video.

IMO her sister contacted her Sergeant at 2100 military time 9pm cillivan time the same day she was last seen by whom or cctv not sure.
4-20 is her missing date on flyer. I think her sister and BF sounded the alarms pretty quick.
Which I kind of think that is weird too, right? I mean unless she tells her sister and boyfriend about everything she's doing. My son will have exercises or things he has to do and will not have access to his phone to respond. I'd think at least they'd give her a little bit more time to respond before sounding the alarm so quickly unless her sister knows more information that's out in the public that maybe her boyfriend doesn't know. Maybe the possibility of new crush or an interest in someone else. Or maybe fights with her boyfriend that she talked to her sister about.

Which I kind of think that is weird too, right? I mean unless she tells her sister and boyfriend about everything she's doing. My son will have exercises or things he has to do and will not have access to his phone to respond. I'd think at least they'd give her a little bit more time to respond before sounding the alarm so quickly unless her sister knows more information that's out in the public that maybe her boyfriend doesn't know. Maybe the possibility of new crush or an interest in someone else. Or maybe fights with her boyfriend that she talked to her sister about.
MOO to me sounds like the sisters talk or text daily. Sister said she knew something was wrong when it got too late for VG to have been at work late. 9pm.

Okay so wasn't it said she was working in the armory "earlier in the day"? That might mean that she wasn't working a shift at that time she could have gone for a run. That to mean would mean she worked earlier and got off of her shift and then returned back to the parking lot. Do we know if she actually worked at the armory for her job or were there like shifts they worked at the armory? My son said in the USAF each base does it differently and some areas will actually have a person that is certified to work in the armory and that's all they do and then there's people who get taught to arm up their whole flight. I guess a flight would be equivalent to a unit in the Army. I'm going to ask my son's ex who's in the Army reserves and works security and see what she says. Would her job require her to carry a weapon or people in her unit carry a weapon?

Okay so wasn't it said she was working in the armory "earlier in the day"? That might mean that she wasn't working a shift at that time she could have gone for a run. That to mean would mean she worked earlier and got off of her shift and then returned back to the parking lot. Do we know if she actually worked at the armory for her job or were there like shifts they worked at the armory? My son said in the USAF each base does it differently and some areas will actually have a person that is certified to work in the armory and that's all they do and then there's people who get taught to arm up their whole flight. I guess a flight would be equivalent to a unit in the Army. I'm going to ask my son's ex who's in the Army reserves and works security and see what she says. Would her job require her to carry a weapon or people in her unit carry a weapon?
Only MP carry weapons unless there is an order to train or activate.

I found the timeframe of her boyfriend starting to sound the alarm a little weird, too.

She was last seen at 1 pm that afternoon.
The bf apparently is telling the sister that VG hasn't been responding to his texts or phone calls.
What, for only a matter of hours?

Maybe VG and her bf are a velcro couple who check in like clockwork w/ each other every hour on the hour, but I really didn't understand the bf pushing the panic button so quickly, unless there's a piece of information that we're not privy to, which is very possible.

She may have complained to him about someone harassing her.

JMO.

So, did she already have a car and was looking to get a new one? Because I thought it said her car keys were left with other belongings.

Maybe she was selling her old car for another?
I don’t know... thinking out loud. MOO

So, did she already have a car and was looking to get a new one? Because I thought it said her car keys were left with other belongings.

Maybe she was selling her old car for another?
I don’t know... thinking out loud. MOO
Yes, sounds like had an old car getting a better one. Most PFCs get new cars though because they have a steady income car dealerships readily finance.

Yes, sounds like had an old car getting a better one. Most PFCs get new cars though because they have a steady income car dealerships readily finance.
Maybe she put out an add to sell her car then?
I just feel like something nefarious happened to her. I would love to be wrong, but with a reward being offered now it doesn’t look good. MOO

Ok I missed the car report, what was the context of the report?

Was she actively looking for a new vehicle?

Or was the context of the conversation from the sister with media more like she loved her job, she was happy and she was even looking at buying a newer vehicle?

I guess my point is was the sister simply trying to give an indication about VG's current state of mind?

Anybody have that link handy?

Last edited:
Yeah, that creep who murdered EC was an absolute piece of filth.

As if killing her wasn't enough, he then had to try to assassinate her character when she could no longer defend herself, on account of he had shot her in the back of the head and tossed her body down an abandoned mine shaft.

Fortunately, everyone recognized him for the evil, sociopathic liar he was, and he was sentenced to LWOP.

Too bad he didn't get the DP.
He richly deserves it.

JMO.
His wife was no better, imo....horrible case.

So she wasn't an MP correct? Why be in the armory?

Reward is offered in search for missing Fort Hood soldier

SABBM:
Guillen, a small arms repairer from Houston, is of Hispanic descent, five feet, two inches tall, 126 pounds with black hair and brown eyes, according to the news release.

According to this article, her job is small arms repair, so I'm assuming she regularly worked out of the armory.

I ain't military or ex-military, though, so I honestly don't have a clue what I'm talking about now.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members