GUILTY TX - Police find 4 malnourished children, locked in a dog crate, Wise County, Feb 2019 *arrests*

You are so right. This type of neglect is evident, from how filthy they are, their behavior, lack of proper speech, unless the kids were kept away, it is evident in a heartbeat.

I saw a baby at Walmart, and knew he was neglected. I didn't know the family, but he was beyond normal baby dirt, his hair was stuck to his head due to grime. Nothing I could do about it.

You can always call and report.

When my daughter was 3, she used to drive me crazy, by getting in our dog's crate, and saying, "Mommy, I am in "time out", you put me in a dog cage.". No. Mommy did not put you in a dog cage for time out! I was always in abject fear that she would say something like that at school.

I worked with some children who had been severely neglected by drug addict parents, they were 4 and 5, and didn't even know how to sit at the table to eat at snack time. And at lunch, they ate like dogs, not using spoons for pudding or anything. Silverware was a completely foreign object. As was the concept of washing hands. Forget about learning to color! These kids were so neglected they were basically developmentally disabled. Just learning how to act normal was a huge part of their educational plan. Sadly.
God bless you @mickey2942 for caring about these children. It literally makes me sick to my stomach to read thread after thread of these poor babies and children being abused and neglected. It is beyond any understanding I possess.

Parents arrested after young children found locked in dog cage, living in squalor

It's in the video along with this article : According to family members --- “Relatives stated they saw the children just one week ago and they were fine”...and that “she is a good mother”

SMDH.

Yeah right, good mothers DON'T put their children in 3 x 3 dog cages!!!! It makes me sick when family tries to cover for these scum. There was food in the home, locked up and out of reach of the children. Gaaaah :mad:

Why can't we punish them in the same manner, confine them in a small space, withhold food, bathroom, etc. and show them how it feels? What can we ever do to stop this craziness? :(

Well - they are not in the Wise County court site as I stated before. Wondering if they were given a slap on the wrist and set free??

My last notes say that Judge was expecting them both to participate in a drug treatment program, so wondering if this is what happened.....

If anyone finds anything - please post! TIA! :)

Well - they are not in the Wise County court site as I stated before. Wondering if they were given a slap on the wrist and set free??

My last notes say that Judge was expecting them both to participate in a drug treatment program, so wondering if this is what happened.....

If anyone finds anything - please post! TIA! :)

I don't know, but that is almost always just a delay. It seems to be so "rosy", just get treatment, and go back to being a normal, happy family. Not.

The children are probably special needs, with behavior problems. The parents are dysfunctional, and even without using drugs, may not have the skills or patience to deal with children who have been severely neglected. Substance abuse treatment for this family isn't going to fix everything.

Well, I went into the "Jail Records" instead of Criminal search. Both have been released on bond pending trial. But still nothing in the "Criminal" section.

upload_2019-11-21_15-54-21.png

going thru my "oldies" - anyone hear anything on this case? They are still not in the court site. TIA! :)

Ah - finally!! Guess they were awaiting indictments.

Update for Friday, May 22, 2020 | Wise County Messenger

PARENTS INDICTED IN KENNEL CASE – The parents of children found in what law enforcement described as “horrendous conditions” – including young children found in dog kennels – in February 2019 in Newark have both been indicted on felony charges of injury to a child. A Wise County grand jury last week indicted Paige Isabow Harkings and Andrew Joseph Fabila, both 25, on four counts of injury to a child by knowingly causing serious mental deficiency/impairment/injury. The charge is a first degree felony offense, punishable by 5 to 99 years or life in prison. Harkings is the mother of all four children, and Fabila is the father of one child.

and they are finally in the court site. But no court dates yet.

Charges: FABILA, ANDREW JOSEPH Statute Level Date
1. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

2. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

3. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

4. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
05/14/2020 INDICTMENT (OCA)
05/15/2020 ORDER
05/20/2020 RIGHT TO COUNSEL ADVISORY

link: http://jail.co.wise.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=10501210

Charges: HARKINS, PAIGE ISABOW Statute Level Date
1. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

2. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

3. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

4. INJURY CHILD/ELDERLY/DISABLE W/INT SBI/MENTAL 22.04 (e) PC First Degree Felony 02/12/2019

Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
05/14/2020 INDICTMENT (OCA)
05/15/2020 ORDER
05/20/2020 ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL

link: http://jail.co.wise.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=10501208

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics