TX - Pregnant woman shocked with Taser outside Academy store, Houston, Harris County, 4 Jan 2019

I hope her & the baby are ok but I also hope she doesn't get a payday out of this.

Are you saying that you hope she isn't compensated for damages? I think that if harsh or excessive force was used, or there was racial bias in tasering her, then she should be entitled to compensation. Otherwise, it sends a message that tasering heavily pregnant minority women who are not at risk of injuring anyone, is normal police work.

This article has more info. The officer says she was not initially aware the woman was pregnant.
Note that it says the woman refused to go inside and speak with the officer, hit the officer in the head with her purse, and after she was subdued she was found to have $70.00 in stolen clothing. I don’t know how/ where to look for previous arrests but there are rumors that she has quite a few.

ETA: because this woman is pregnant I hate that she was tased. I hate that a supposedly grown up, very pregnant woman is behaving in a way that puts her in this situation.

Last edited:
Police aggression becomes normalized when ordinary citizens, going about their daily affairs, where no one is at risk of injury to themselves or anyone else, are accosted by police in inappropriate manners and the wrongful police behaviour is brushed over, or excused. The fact that it happens often, does not make it acceptable.

Perhaps you didn't run away, and you were willing and able to lie on the ground, but like you suggest, the next person might not be able to comprehend the situation, or may not be able to respond in ways that the police expect, and that person may end up dead.

In these parts, an officer who pulls his gun in a situation such as you describe would find himself confined to his desk. He would have violated the most basic rules governing the use of force by the police. "No matter the situation, officers should issue verbal commands first. Pulling out a gun should be a last resort".

He Paid for His Mentos. Then an Officer Pulled a Gun on Him.

This is interesting, especially that this is Texas.

Another officer, Amber Guyger, told a man to raise his arms, he didn't do it fast enough for her, so she shot him. The man had been sleeping in his own apartment.

How long did she allow him to understand what she was saying? We don't know. But the expectation of immediate response to an order, or shoot to kill. There is a problem with training there.

Our country is going hell in a handbasket. We are villainizing those trying to protect us while victimizing those that are performing criminal acts. This is ridiculous. She was stealing from a store. The police came and were assaulted and they retaliated with force to subdue the situation. The only victim is the unborn child. However, the police are not responsible for the outcome of the unborn child, the mother is.

Our country is going hell in a handbasket. We are villainizing those trying to protect us while victimizing those that are performing criminal acts. This is ridiculous. She was stealing from a store. The police came and were assaulted and they retaliated with force to subdue the situation. The only victim is the unborn child. However, the police are not responsible for the outcome of the unborn child, the mother is.
I don’t think anyone is villainizing LE. But using a taser against an unarmed woman? Or stunning an 11-year-old with a taser? Aren‘t cops in training to be able to subdue someone without using excessive force?

Maybe I‘m irritated because I’m European. Here, cops do have tasers, but they would be slammed if they used a taser unless their life was in danger. A cop assaulted with a handbag? Lol. Come on, they have jiu-jitsu training and all that, it would take them 2 seconds to subdue that woman ”softly”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back