TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The father has to skype 3 times a week, gets his son for part of summer, pay child support, if he does all this he will get him for Christmas vacation, along with talking with child phycologist to determine best interest of telling prismas son about her disappearance, after all this the judge will look at giving custody to the father, neither parties shall have alcohol or drugs around the child, so grandmother has custody for now

Thank you for your response @winter63. In fact, thank you for all of your responses. We would know little without you. I do not know where the news is on this case or where LE is. I will continue to pray that she shows up and in the meantime the child stays with the grandmother.

Jmo.

Has anyone created a timeline of events of her day to include the items identified on this site that have not been reported in the media such as the extra phone calls and the fight?

I ask because, on NAMUS, it shows that "Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes was reported missing by her child's babysitter when she did not show up after work to pick up her child on 4/17/2019." I have seen in the media that Prisma was reported missing, but I didn't know the babysitter was the one who reported her missing at 9:30pm, I thought it was family. Missing is not the same thing as failed to pick up her child.

That would mean that Prisma was two hours late and the babysitters' course of action was to call the Police and report her missing not to report that a child had been abandoned. Maybe this is normal, but it doesn't sound like it to me. I would think the babysitter would have called family, not the Police to report her a missing person, and then the family would call Police. I think this 10-minute call that was really a one hour call had a lot more info in it. Enough that it made the babysitter concerned and call the Police to file a missing person report and enough that the Police agreed.

What is the usual process for a missing person report to be filed? What is the usual process for the Police to list Prisma as a missing person, wouldn't they need to have evidence of some wrongdoing to list her this way in such a short amount of time? Was this because of her vehicle? I would think it would be more than just the vehicle.

Could the statement on NAMUS be inaccurate? A little clarification would be helpful.

Normally LE does but the family and/or advocates can also place the missing person in Namus. Namus will then verify with LE that the person is indeed missing. This is my understanding.
This is how it works. Some states are required by law to enter missing persons into NAMUS. As of now those are: Oklahoma, New Mexico, Tennessee, Illinois, New York, and Michigan. There are pending bills in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

There is also an agreement to transfer NCIC records of missing persons into NAMUS. This particular process however comes with the issue that records get into NAMUS but there is no clear path to getting the records cleared should the person be located/identified. This is one of the reasons why some of the missing threads here that are started based on a NAMUS record end up where you can find all kinds of on-line and real life activity such as property transactions, marriages, divorces, arrests, or social media activity that indicates that the individual is not missing anymore. You end up with a system where records can get in easily but aren't removed which may be due to law enforcement in a jurisdiction not even being aware that a NAMUS record was created.

This is similar to what happens with warrants. If you have ever listened to a scanner of police activity or watched Live PD and they encounter someone with warrants you will hear law enforcement say that they are going to check if the warrant is really there. The warrants get into the NCIC but don't always get pulled. Consequently, people can end up in custody and held on non-existent warrants.

Has anyone created a timeline of events of her day to include the items identified on this site that have not been reported in the media such as the extra phone calls and the fight?

I ask because, on NAMUS, it shows that "Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes was reported missing by her child's babysitter when she did not show up after work to pick up her child on 4/17/2019." I have seen in the media that Prisma was reported missing, but I didn't know the babysitter was the one who reported her missing at 9:30pm, I thought it was family. Missing is not the same thing as failed to pick up her child.

That would mean that Prisma was two hours late and the babysitters' course of action was to call the Police and report her missing not to report that a child had been abandoned. Maybe this is normal, but it doesn't sound like it to me. I would think the babysitter would have called family, not the Police to report her a missing person, and then the family would call Police. I think this 10-minute call that was really a one hour call had a lot more info in it. Enough that it made the babysitter concerned and call the Police to file a missing person report and enough that the Police agreed.

What is the usual process for a missing person report to be filed? What is the usual process for the Police to list Prisma as a missing person, wouldn't they need to have evidence of some wrongdoing to list her this way in such a short amount of time? Was this because of her vehicle? I would think it would be more than just the vehicle.

Could the statement on NAMUS be inaccurate? A little clarification would be helpful.
Yes, some clarification would be helpful. A few of the news stories said that family reported her missing after Prisma hadn't picked up her son from the babysitter.

Whatever is going on here, I strongly suspect that the babysitter knows way more about why it is Prisma is missing.

Yes, some clarification would be helpful. A few of the news stories said that family reported her missing after Prisma hadn't picked up her son from the babysitter.

Whatever is going on here, I strongly suspect that the babysitter knows way more about why it is Prisma is missing.
Time to up the pressure on the babysitter!!! No answers and that is ridiculous for Prisma, her family and her boy. moo

This is how it works. Some states are required by law to enter missing persons into NAMUS. As of now those are: Oklahoma, New Mexico, Tennessee, Illinois, New York, and Michigan. There are pending bills in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

There is also an agreement to transfer NCIC records of missing persons into NAMUS. This particular process however comes with the issue that records get into NAMUS but there is no clear path to getting the records cleared should the person be located/identified. This is one of the reasons why some of the missing threads here that are started based on a NAMUS record end up where you can find all kinds of on-line and real life activity such as property transactions, marriages, divorces, arrests, or social media activity that indicates that the individual is not missing anymore. You end up with a system where records can get in easily but aren't removed which may be due to law enforcement in a jurisdiction not even being aware that a NAMUS record was created.

This is similar to what happens with warrants. If you have ever listened to a scanner of police activity or watched Live PD and they encounter someone with warrants you will hear law enforcement say that they are going to check if the warrant is really there. The warrants get into the NCIC but don't always get pulled. Consequently, people can end up in custody and held on non-existent warrants.
Wow this is fascinating. I knew a little about it but not all of this.

Thanks for explaining that so well. I knew a little about it, but not all of the process. Thanks!:)

Another big thank you for this information. I sort of knew all this, but didn't know for sure. It is also interesting how few states require a NAMUS record for a missing person.

The fact her own father feels she will return home after custody is resolved, has left a gaping hole for me. IOW they are saying she would agree w her mom being assigned custody? Is there a reason she felt she'd lose custody to him, ie something in the form of a huge white elephant is trampling this woman's story.
I can't believe the judge would allow custody like this w o supervision if he was a suspect or POI.

The fact her own father feels she will return home after custody is resolved, has left a gaping hole for me. IOW they are saying she would agree w her mom being assigned custody? Is there a reason she felt she'd lose custody to him, ie something in the form of a huge white elephant is trampling this woman's story.
I can't believe the judge would allow custody like this w o supervision if he was a suspect or POI.
I get what you are saying but I do wonder if that is not just wishful thinking on their part? The custody arrangement is not set in stone. It would be revisited if she showed back up tomorrow so disappearing doesn’t solve anything long term.

This is beyond frustrating. April 17th to July 17th today. Three months and nothing, nada, zero, zilch.

It seems there must be something going on here we do not know about and that is about the only explanation I can come up with any longer.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member