TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Joseph.dale

Joseph.dale Well-Known Member

What if she got into the trunk to hide from police after she pulled the gun on someone? Then she died in the trunk due to the heat and what disposed of?

2. BuySellTrade

BuySellTrade Well-Known Member

Rather than Prisma falling into a dumpster or climbing into a car trunk, there is a simpler scenario.

Prisma is an attractive woman but is way stressed and vulnerable. Some guy comes along and under guise of empathy gets Prisma into his apartment with the idea of sex. Things go bad and Prisma ends up dead. Prisma is still in that unknown apartment or has been transferred elsewhere over these many months.

3. Laura456

Laura456 Well-Known Member

It would be tricky to keep things quiet and to remove her from the building without being seen.

4. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

She could still be in the killer's apartment. Ira Einhorn killed his girlfriend inside his own apartment and kept her in a foot locker or steamer trunk until she was found by police several months later.
    -
    I'm also reminded of the line from the movie American Psycho when the Bateman character mentions that his latest murder victim is "dissolving in a bath tub in Hell's Kitchen." Prisma's body may have been destroyed inside the apartment where she was murdered.

5. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

She could have been taken out of the appartment in a suitcase (or similar) and put into a car boot. There are no cameras in the residential hallways of that building.

6. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

How many units are in that apartment building?

7. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

In a way, this kinda reminds me of Nicole Morin's case. Nicole, age 8, disappeared from her apartment complex. Nicole was seen inside, but was never seen going out of it, so one theory is that another resident could've lured her to his apartment, held and killed her there, then disposed of her body in secret.

The only difference for me, though, is that Nicole lived there. A resident could've stalked her for months, noting her routine, when she'd go out alone, etc., and planned around that. Nicole could've also felt comfortable with this person because she recognized him as a neighbor.

Prisma didn't live in that residential complex. She didn't even have access to it, as she has to run behind a vehicle before the gate closes. From the haphazard way she parked outside, her visit appears to be totally spontaneous and intended to be short. And the only person she knew at that complex, who had motive to harm her, is confirmed by police to have been in a different city at that time.

This is why I find it hard to believe that some random resident lured her to his apartment. It would've been the chance of a lifetime, to happen upon a female in distress practically at your doorstep—no knowledge of routine, most likely the first time seeing her—and then decide she's the one he wants to target? True, some criminals can be this opportunistic, but usually it's out in the open, far from witnesses. Here, he would've had a building full of witnesses.

And then would Prisma have fallen for that? She's described as crying and emotional at this point. She was also angry enough to get into a road rage incident earlier. I just don't see her calmly and quietly accepting a stranger's advances. I also note that it looks like Prisma is using her phone on speaker. People tend to speak louder when they use their phone this way, and of course the other person will be just as audible. She would've already been creating attention, a deterrent for any would-be criminal.

8. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

I know it was several pages back, but I wonder if the bloodhounds that were brought in a few days later were SAR dogs and scent dogs focused on finding alive people, or cadaver dogs. I think it makes a difference. While I tend to fall into the "death by misadventure" theory of what happened to Prisma, it would help to rule that out or in if cadaver dogs were there and found nothing. However, I do think that's happened in other cases where bodies were missed so it's not definitive.

My heart goes out to @winter63 and the family for this nightmare of not having any answers still.

9. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

@winter63 We are still here and still thinking, praying for Prisma!

10. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE:

ANYONE POSTING INSIDE INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE LINKED TO MSM OR LE STATEMENTS MUST BE A VERIFIED INSIDER ON WEBSLEUTHS. IF THE INSIDE INFO IS POSTED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT BECOME A VERIFIED INSIDER IN THIS CASE, THOSE POSTS WILL BE REMOVED. THAT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS. PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE OR ENGAGE WITH SUCH POSTS AS YOUR POST WILL LIKEWISE VIOLATE WEBSLEUTHS’ TOS AND WILL ALSO BE REMOVED. INSTEAD PLEASE REPORT THOSE POSTS FOR MODERATORS TO ADDRESS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO POST AS RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

11. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Prisma!!

12. Araised_Marvels

Araised_Marvels Lone Star State Member

Does the National Guard ever make public statements on missing cases?

13. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

We love you Prisma!!

14. HaikuMommy

HaikuMommy Well-Known Member

When I first read about Prisma's disappearance, I thought surely the ex-bf must have set up a meeting with her, and drugged her or something. Because meeting up with an ex who'd previously been violent & then you disappear seemed like too much of a coincidence. But as more info has come out I see it differently.

I now think something changed in Prisma's life that led to everything. Could she have undiagnosed bipolar disorder and was having a manic episode? SOMETHING caused her to have behavioral/personality changes compared to her usual responsible self. And these behavior changes led to her having a dispute at work, leaving her job abruptly, drinking a lot, seeing her violent ex-boyfriend, and the road-rage incident... all this resulting from Prisma's altered behavioral state, rather than resulting from the ex-bf.

People who are experiencing a manic episode can be:

- More talkative than usual, pressured speech = for example, 1 hour discussion with babysitter compared to usual 10 min, but discussion was all over the place: Easter, her job, etc. She also called multiple people, one after another.

- Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity = she got in an argument at work, decided "I don't need this job"; arguing with ex-bf, as well as bartender; pulling gun out in road rage incident

- Flight of ideas or racing thoughts = changed destinations mid-route; mistook one ex-bf for another; couldn't focus to give her location

- Increase in goal-directed activity, psychomotor agitation/pacing = wouldn't give up on seeing ex-bf; parked sloppy and ran toward apartments, pacing movements

- Excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments) = the whole day

I could say alcohol was to blame for SOME of her behavior, like sitting down and crying in a parking lot... but many of these decisions and actions happened before she had any drinks. I fear that she might have done something extremely risky (get in a car with a group of men she didn't know, for example) or self-destructive (jump into the dumpster) in the state she was in. But I don't think anyone was plotting against her... I think whatever happened stemmed from these behavioral changes.

This is JMO, and is not me blaming Prisma. I feel very bad for her if she had undiagnosed issues that led to her being missing. And I feel terrible for her son. I just feel this is an avenue that needs to be explored. I pray she's found, alive and well. MOO

15. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. What stood out the most to me was the stuff related to her job. It was her first day. I think most of us try to be on our best behavior on our first day—especially when many jobs put new hires on a 90-day probation period. And yet, she got into an argument before she even clocked in.

And then she essentially committed job abandonment. Of course, we can't ask her if that was her intention. But what other consequences are there after taking an unannounced 3-hour lunch break drinking alcohol? I can't imagine any boss excusing that, especially from a new hire.

I think there's reason to suspect some kind of incipient mental disorder or breakdown. Maybe by drinking so much, she was unknowingly self-medicating. The alcohol momentarily relieved whatever may have been starting in her mind—but it didn't take it away completely, as evidenced by everything else that followed.

16. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

@winter63
    We are still here on PRISMA's thread.
    Do you know anything about her Military Reserves?

17. kelsie

kelsie i only have time for coffee

I agree with the bipolar episode theory as well. As someone who experiences bouts of mania and depression, it fits to a T

18. Tuffgong

Tuffgong On Time Out

Wild speculation here, but I think in her condition, she went looking for some narcotics. I think she probably fell into some real bad company as a result. In her state, she was vulnerable to very bad people.

19. Tuffgong

Tuffgong On Time Out

I doubt very seriously it will be solved. We are way past 48 hours here.

20. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Prisma!!