TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAgirlatheart

VAgirlatheart Well-Known Member

Also, let’s sit back and think for a second because I really think that we all are thinking about so many theories that we often forget about the most common things.

I know we all have discussed the phone situation and calls that were made, but if you really sit back and think about it. The police have to know more than they know. The greatest tip they have is her phone and actually they are pretty lucky to have that lead.

Whether she had went to that apartment from lunch to up to 5:50 or was somewhere else .. her phone should be pinging. Now, her phone could have been turned on/off throughout that time but we know for sure she was on it at certain times to talk to her mom, the babysitter, and whoever she was talking to at 5:50. Wherever she is, it’s going to ping.

Which tells me two things; the cops have legit reason to think she is just missing on her own will or they have a suspect and thinks someone’s holding her against her will so they are being super hush about it. Again, I have no doubt that the police know something more.

If you would look in my phone from today for an example, you are going to see that I picked up groceries at 9am, texted my husband that I decided to skip yoga , made a stop at subway at 11p, spoke to my mom via FaceTime at 3pm - talked to my best friend about 90 day fiancé at 4:45pm, texted my husband to complain about headache and how I was going to take a nap..

See, they know something.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, cass523 and 13 others like this.
  2. VAgirlatheart

VAgirlatheart Well-Known Member

And I want to apologize in advance for any grammar or misspelled words tonight. I had to take some allergy medicine tonight and when I tell you I get sleepy and goofy.. I mean it. I also try my hardest to fight my drowsiness and man oh man, do the sentences and grammar mistakes come out heavy when that happens almost like I threw at roofie in my own drink hahaha

becks_, Jethro4WS, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  3. jade32

jade32 Active Member

Just read through this case and i dont understand why LE says there is no indication of foul play. To me there is.

The babysitter said she sounded okay on the phone.

Can it be she maybe went up to her ex appartment and got drugged there? And that she got out of there and he called her on her phone saying he would bring her home. And then something happened? Either she died accidentally and he got scared or he did something to her.

She appears to be unsteady in the video and when i look at her face it seems like she is confused about how she is feeling.

Also you can see by the shadow that a vehicle is arriving.

Its all my honest opinion!

Jethro4WS, cass523, travelbug and 4 others like this.
  4. DianeElaine

DianeElaine Well-Known Member

Would someone remind me — do the police actually have her phone, or do they just have access to her phone records?

Jethro4WS, cass523, travelbug and 3 others like this.
  5. otto

otto Verified Expert

We have not heard that her phone was found. It is probably with Prisma. There is an assumption that police can track her movements and actions through her phone records.

6. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I have had employees that have done the same thing gone to lunch and not return. I called their emergency contact to try to locate them. I am going to guess that Prisma's manager did the same thing here.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Linskid and 16 others like this.
  7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

law enforcement in this case, may not be able to obtain Prisma's phone records without evidence of a crime.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, cass523 and 14 others like this.
  8. otto

otto Verified Expert

My daughter walked off a job one time. She felt that the company was treating her like slave labor so she went for lunch and just kept on going - no regrets. It happens.

Good point about phone records and tracking. Without a crime, police should not have the right to access that information.

9. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I agree that it seems unlikely LE have her phone records, unless they are misleading the public about whether or not they suspect foul play (which is entirely possible). I'm guessing that when the initial plea for information was released, anyone that had spoken to her that day (i.e., the person she is on the phone with at 5:50 pm) contacted LE with that information. Pure speculation, of course. MOO. I would love nothing more than to find out Prisma left on her own.

As far as leaving at lunch, that happened once at my job - the new receptionist left for lunch on her first day and never came back, nor returned calls. Where I currently work, they had the same thing happen with a temp employee a few years ago. So, as @otto says, it does happen. It would be interesting to see if someone can find reviews of the employer, like on GlassDoor. If no one has done that before I get home tonight, I will give it a try.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  10. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

We had a few people at my job that left at lunch and never came back. A Dental Receptionist and a Dental Assistant. We had zero clue that anything was even wrong. They acted like they always did. We were worried anything could have happened. It was a while til we knew they were ok, just left. I would think going from a law firm to a car lot would be a big adjustment. Maybe her boss was kind of a jerk to her, so she just avoided having a big blow out by just leaving like everything was fine. It’s hard to tell. jmo

11. Kittygrrll

Kittygrrll Active Member

This case is disturbing to me. I'm in the "can't tell if she's impaired" camp. I have a feeling I might look the same way on jerky video, as I pace while talking on the phone.

I've also had employees leave for lunch and never return, so that does happen.

As a Mom though, I find it hard to fathom that someone who by all accounts was a good, loving Mom would walk away from her child. We don't have any indication that she was mentally ill, although that's always possible.

Trust me, as much as I love my children, I had brief thoughts when I was a single Mom about running away - so I get that as well. But, I would have taken my car to do so and would have come to my senses pretty quickly.

I hope her family gets some answers soon.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, cpeacock1 and 25 others like this.
  12. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t think that her leaving work, possibly quitting is the issue here. The issue is that she’s been missing 8 days... her car is at her ex’s and he says he “never saw her”
    GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! This stinks so so bad!!!!

13. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Kitty. I just can't shake the feeling that she has met with foul play. I hope that the phone records can be obtained, even though there is no evidence that a crime has been committed. I guess until her body is found, they have no right to look at them.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, StarEyes and 7 others like this.
  14. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with armadillos

ITA!

15. mhughessc

mhughessc New Member

That's so frustrating, because who knows how long that will take?

Is there no recourse that would allow for a customer to add an emergency contact to their phone account (when originally setting up the account) that would give that contact the right to allow law enforcement to obtain the phone records in cases like this?

Jethro4WS, StarEyes, JosieTX and 5 others like this.
  16. NYatheart

NYatheart Well-Known Member

I just read through this whole thread & I’m so worried for this woman. Her poor child & family must be going through hell. I couldn’t imagine what my little boy would be thinking if I didn’t come home. I pray she’s just taking a “break” from everything & is ok somewhere, but I don’t know how realistic that is. Hopefully we will learn more soon.

17. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Did the ex say he never saw her that day?

OT but I walked out of a busy restaurant at lunchtime when I was a waitress at 15....had a new job across the river and needed to be there, was too scared to tell my boss as they were competitors :( still feel bad about it lol.

18. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes! You GET it!!! I am right along there beside you, Dre. Time is (or, was) of the essence. If you wait for evidence to bite you in the ***, it's too late.

19. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

Agree!

20. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I completely agree that the most important issue is that she is (still!) missing. However, her seemingly voluntary disappearance from work is part of the picture that LE have to consider. Do I think it's important? I can't know the answer to that until we know why she is missing, but it is relevant to her state of mind on the day she went missing.

We don't know where her phone is; we don't know if it is still active (I doubt it is, but LE have been quiet on all things related to her phone), or if they have, or even can, access that information.

ETA: The babysitter said they discussed Prisma's job when they spoke around 3-4. I'm sure the details of that conversation are not being released for a reason.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, otto and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.