TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Oh, wow! Surely this will be the break and evidence needed to solve Rachel's case and put the perp. or perps. away forever.

I haven't posted on this case in many years because there have been so very few leads at all, ever.
Maybe the car in Dallas will be the CHAIN that wraps the case up and leads to her remains and a confession.

The fact that they are saying 3-4 POI seems very unusual as close as she was to her own home.. It seems to be a safe area. I can't even really bear to think what may have happened to such a young, sweet 19 year old over a decade and a half ago. Posting through my tears. Good people who cared about her and this case are now gone. Her dad, our poster " Love, Mama", it's just one sadness on top of another to go back and read.

God bless all the family and friends of Rachel who are still on this earth and waiting and hoping for the big break in the case and all that will follow should it be her DNA. My thoughts and prayers and best hopes. WS supports you, all of us support you.

LE have not got a DNA matched yet

This is correct. It says possible human blood on items in 2 different places in the vehicle.
The DNA testing could take up to 10-12 months. Big backlog for forensic lab testing in TX, and has been for years.
I hope so much they can somehow expedite the results, but I guess all the other people or families waiting wish the very same thing. Still, this is, IMO, the biggest break in the case since MKM issued his ( apparently) false confession a decade or more ago.

SO many old cold cases are being solved. It's Rachel's family's turn! I hope and pray for answers for them. I know we all do. :)

This is correct. It says possible human blood on items in 2 different places in the vehicle.
The DNA testing could take up to 10-12 months. Big backlog for forensic lab testing in TX, and has been for years.
I hope so much they can somehow expedite the results, but I guess all the other people or families waiting wish the very same thing. Still, this is, IMO, the biggest break in the case since MKM issued his ( apparently) false confession a decade or more ago.

SO many old cold cases are being solved. It's Rachel's family's turn! I hope and pray for answers for them. I know we all do. :)

Her case is such a high profile case, could it be treated as higher priority and put on the top of the queue ?

Her case is such a high profile case, could it be treated as higher priority and put on the top of the queue ?

If the Texas Rangers or FBI have jurisdiction over the evidence, I'd think so. Otherwise, I believe, as a nurse who collected forensic specimens in ER in TX, a county or city LE agency would have to wait their turn at one of the state certified forensic labs.

As someone who knew Rachel & her sister, I really pray this breaks the case wide open. Her family, above all others, deserve closure! Whoever the(se) moster(s) is/are, they deserve the biggest book Williamson County can & will throw at them!

At 16, I was questioned by police, scared for my life. I wasn't any help, although I wish I could have been.

This horrible nightmare needs to end!

@Livelove61364, welcome to WS!
We used to have really cute emoticons and one was our " welcome wagon" but it's not found now.

Still, this was your first post! I hope so much there can be answers in Rachel's case. I think about her every day and wonder about that Trans Am.. and the DNA testing.
I'm not family but have followed her case for so long she's close to my heart.
Thanks for joining us.

I'm praying for a break in this case, as well. I live in the area and my daughter was born shortly after Rachel went missing. It has stuck with me and I've followed all the media coverage. If RCOOKE is still on here, sir, I hope you know you have the support of those of us in the area. Our thoughts are with you. I wish we had more to offer.

I'm praying for a break in this case, as well. I live in the area and my daughter was born shortly after Rachel went missing. It has stuck with me and I've followed all the media coverage. If RCOOKE is still on here, sir, I hope you know you have the support of those of us in the area. Our thoughts are with you. I wish we had more to offer.

Honey, Rachel's father posted as RCOOKE, I believe, and he tragically passed away a few years ago.
I only recently read through this very old thread and found out myself so it's not unusual not to know. It's just so sad that he never got to see breaks in the case possibly, and maybe soon, it will be solved. Maybe those in heaven have answers we don't yet have on earth... I hope Mr. Cooke's with Rachel and in everlasting peace and joy now with God and the angels.

Honey, Rachel's father posted as RCOOKE, I believe, and he tragically passed away a few years ago.
I only recently read through this very old thread and found out myself so it's not unusual not to know. It's just so sad that he never got to see breaks in the case possibly, and maybe soon, it will be solved. Maybe those in heaven have answers we don't yet have on earth... I hope Mr. Cooke's with Rachel and in everlasting peace and joy now with God and the angels.

I could not pass by, and only 'like' your thoughtful post. And, though we all might share differing beliefs, we all know that our universe is full of too much wonder to discount any single one of them.

Thank you so much for letting me know. I'm surprised our local news did not note this fact, as it's usually included. Your kindness is very appreciated!

Check out OkieGranny's post #482 in this thread concerning RCOOKE's passing. It is a few pages back.

I am wondering if this search has anything to do with Rachel??

WilCo Sheriff's Office, FBI dig in Georgetown field as part of criminal investigation

"
The Williamson County Sheriff's Office is conducting what they're calling a "criminal investigation" in Georgetown.

It's happening in a field alongside SH 130 and Hwy 971.

The investigation involves digging equipment, and it appears there are investigators digging in multiple locations."

Williamson County Sheriff Chody (@SheriffChody) | Twitter

Williamson County Sheriff Chody‏Verified account @SheriffChody 50m50 minutes ago

There is a large presence of law enforcement today in the area of 130/971. This is a joint investigation of a past criminal case. THE PUBLIC IS NOT IN DANGER. There was a misunderstanding on whether this was a training exercise. Again, this is a past criminal investigation

and:

Williamson County officials investigating past criminal case in northeast Georgetown

Last edited:
I am wondering if this search has anything to do with Rachel??

WilCo Sheriff's Office, FBI dig in Georgetown field as part of criminal investigation

"
The Williamson County Sheriff's Office is conducting what they're calling a "criminal investigation" in Georgetown.

It's happening in a field alongside SH 130 and Hwy 971.

The investigation involves digging equipment, and it appears there are investigators digging in multiple locations."
I really hope so! I want closure for her family so bad...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back