TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Doyle, Aug 12, 2003.

1. stacipr

stacipr Member

2. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

3. marsyao

marsyao Active Member

"Moving to new lead" means nothing was found

4. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

5. Veritas88

Veritas88 Member

There's movement on the case. That's always a good sign! Hoping for answers!

6. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

7. SeekingJana

SeekingJana May I be the person my dogs think I am! :)

Sheriff Chody confirms dig related to Rachel Cooke, moving to new lead

From the article linked above, the dig was in progress. I don't see anywhere that it's said " Nothing was found, so we're moving on to new leads".

Isn't it possible that something WAS found, thus a new lead is being followed? I'm not necessarily referring to her remains but perhaps objects related to a crime against her.
    If I missed a news article that said " We found nothing, so we're looking at a new lead", I'd like to read it.

After this length of time, " new leads" don't happen very often and this case has had almost NONE. Ever.
    The car in Dallas was the last lead we knew about and apparently it's locked down or was non-productive in the end. Possibly DNA and other forensic testing is not complete.

Prayers for justice for Rachel. Her mother needs to know what happened to her. We all do, to a lesser extent than her parents, then her mom alone, do.

ThePhantom, Jim_M, JenniferTx and 6 others like this.
  8. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

9. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

10. DarkDefender67

DarkDefender67 Member

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

From the above link:
    [​IMG]
    Map of the area near the Williamson County Sheriff's Office dig Dec. 18, 2018 (KXAN Map)

“The excavation happened just south of Farm to Market Road 971, along the eastern edge or State Highway 130.”

“Sheriff Chody said the dig was initiated after his office received a tip...”

“At age 19, Cooke disappeared early in the morning on Jan. 10, 2002, when she went out for her daily four-mile run. Cooke did not return and was last seen around 200-yards away from her home, walking towards the residence.“

This sounds very similar to Mollie Tibbet’s case.
    —-

Also from the above link:

“Sheriff Robert Chody said in April 2017 he was creating a cold case team to work on Cooke's case to help create new leads.“

—-

RACHEL LOUISE COOKE
    January 10, 2002 Georgetown, Texas
    Photo taken in 2002
    DESCRIPTION
    Photo taken in 2002
    Date(s) of Birth Used: May 10, 1982
    Place of Birth: Georgetown, Texas
    Hair: Blonde with high/low lights
    Eyes: Blue/Hazel
    Height: 5'3" (At time of disappearance)
    Weight: 115 pounds (At time of disappearance)
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Scars and Marks: Rachel has two heart-shaped cherries tattooed on her left shoulder and a black star tattooed on her left foot near her pinky toe. Rachel also has multiple ear piercings and a naval piercing.
    REWARD
    The FBI is offering a reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the location of Rachel Louise Cooke.
    REMARKS
    Rachel was wearing a gray running outfit, a green sports bra, and Asics running shoes. She was also wearing a yellow Walkman on her arm with sports-style headphones.
    DETAILS
    Rachel was visiting her parents' home in Georgetown, Texas, in early 2002. She was on winter vacation from her school at San Diego Mesa College in San Diego, California. She was last seen by her family in the early morning hours on January 10, 2002, when her mother left for work. It is believed Rachel departed her family's residence at approximately 9:30 a.m. for her daily four-mile run. Rachel was last seen approximately 200 yards away from her residence walking towards her residence.
    If you have any information concerning this person, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.
    You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Field Office: San Antonio

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  12. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

FBI Unveils Billboard of Woman Missing for 17 Years

JnRyan, Cat40, ThePhantom and 8 others like this.
  13. TrueCrimeObsessed

TrueCrimeObsessed New Member

Any updates on this? Rachel used to babysit my husband before her disappearance. They’re are a couple of theories but I can’t find much truth to any of them online. Do we know who owned the white Trans Am they searched? This just breaks my heart someone must know something. This is gone on too long. Search Continues: FBI places billboards of missing Rachel Cooke along I-35

neverletgo, Jim_M, geojeffrey and 5 others like this.
  14. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

When they found the car, I was hoping - even though a lot of years have passed - that LE found SOMETHING to link the car to Rachel. I'm still hoping there is forensic work being done.

15. TrueCrimeObsessed

TrueCrimeObsessed New Member

Me too. It’s so sad when cases have gone on this long with no answers.