TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Rachel is so beautiful. I think of her often. I hope 2009 is the year we find her.

I think of Rachel daily and pray for her & her family. May God's love & strength be there for them on this anniversary.

Mr. Cooke,i pray for you and your family every day hoping that you find the peace and closure that you so deserve.

Today they announced they found the remains of Brooke Wilberger, who was from the area in which I live. Listening to her mother and to the DA relate the story of their case, I was brought to tears. I am happy for the Wilberger family and that they finally can bring their daughter home.

At the same time, I thought of Rachel Cooke, along with Jennifer and Adrianna Wix and their families. I continue to pray that these families can also find out where their girls are, no matter what the outcome.

:praying:

Rachel is not forgotten by so many of us. We hope and pray for her and her family.

I hope this will be the year Mr. Cooke gets answers for Rachel.

Just can't get you off my mind today, Rachel.

I hope whereever you are, angels are watching over you.

Thanks Litlstar. I hope we can get someone like Willie Nelson for the next Music for the Missing Concert in the fall of 2004. You have to organize far in advance to get someone famous.

Mr. Cooke my heart goes out to You and your Family I am hoping that there will be an answer in your case soon. We have 2 missing young ladies in Florida
One case is similar to your daughters and the other they have a person of interest in the Orange County jail. We must all become aware of whats goes on around us . And I believe you are correct it was some one who knew your daughter or of her perhaps a friend of a friend. Possibably some one she would not been afraid to talk to. God bless youand all that have been helping in the search.

bumping for Rachel. Also, Robert - is Jimmy Fennell being looked at as a POI in your daughter's case right now? How is the investigation progressing? Any new leads?

Rachels disappearance has always been one that has haunted me. Mr. Cooke, I know you have heard it before...but I am so sorry this has happened to your family, and to other families across the country. IMO, it is one of the most awful crimes. Not knowing! How one just disappears, I have said before, I just DON'T get.
Hoping 2010 will be one filled with answers for you.
+ God Bless

Prayers for Rachel & her family & friends.

Rachel is not forgotten.

Last update I could find about M. Moore and his phoney confession:

Video of the 8th Anniversary on this link: with father speaking of his daughter Rachel.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Sunday-marks-8th-anniversary-of-missing-Central-Texas-teen-81099717.html

by STEVE ALBERTS /KVUE News

Posted on January 10, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Updated Sunday, Jan 10 at 11:24 PM

Sunday marked the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Rachel Cooke. It has become a well known missing persons case here in central Texas. Rachel Cooke disappeared without a trace. The 19-year-old was last seen jogging near her rural Williamson County home the morning of January 10th, 2002.

Sunday afternoon Robert Cooke, Rachel's father, spent the day in his Georgetown home thinking about his daughter. About three years ago, Michael Moore, a man serving time in state prison for another murder, confessed to the crime. He later backed out of a plea deal in court. That sent the case back to square one.

“We realized that he was probably just making it all up,” said Robert Cooke. “He was probably trying to get some benefits to moving to a lower security jail where he could visit his wife and have better food.

It's difficult because he was using our daughter as a vehicle for his own gains, but that's what predators do.”

A special task force continues to investigate the case. There is a $50,000 reward.

If you have any information on Rachel Cooke call Crimestoppers at 472-TIPS.

I can't believe it's been 8 years. Rachel is still in my thoughts. Hopefully, soon her family will find the answers they've been searching for.

Rachel has never been far from my thoughts, and some of that is because she is a fellow Texan. But most of it is because of the diary her father wrote and shared....I will never forget the raw pain and emotion he chronicled. Dear God, please bring answers to the Cooke family....

I am from the opposite end of the country from Texas (Spokane, Wa.) and had never heard of Rachel's case until I joined Websleuths. I have to thank Texas Mist for bringing it to my attention via her avatar/signature line. I have read up on her thread and it's another heartbreaking story that I so wish would be solved for her family's peace of mind. These cases really hurt my soul when I think of the family's pain. What a beautiful, beautiful girl....gone too soon.

Thinking of Rachel on her birthday.

Thoughts & prayers for her, the Cooke family and friends who love & miss her.

She is not forgotten.
:rose:

Thinking of Rachel - wondering where she is.

Prayers for all who miss her & that Rachel gets to come home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back