TX - Racial overtones in forefront as teen charged in fake rape report

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by wfgodot, Mar 23, 2017.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Washington Post:

‘Hoax’: Texas teen made up widely publicized story
    of being kidnapped, raped by 3 black men, police say

much more at the link

2. Loading...

3. OpusEponymous

OpusEponymous New Member

As if we don't have enough real life racial divides. Ugh.
    Whatever her thinking or motivation for this story, I'm glad the truth has come out before it could escalate further.
    Her story was elaborate, she play acted a specific victimology and even staged a crime scene. This is highly disturbing behaviour.

JMO.

4. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

5. lizzyblueyez

lizzyblueyez New Member

I hope she is prosecuted too, little liar😠😠

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

6. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

charged with making a false report to a peace officer, a class B misdemeanour, which has a penalty of up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to US$2000

Chief Burch said the department "will also seek restitution for the significant costs for conducting such a major investigation".

not enough IMO!

hope she does not become a nurse because who could trust her

7. cvaldez1975

right... im sure she lacks history so will not get punishment enough. she should be ashamed of herself making a fake claim with the atmosphere currently.

8. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

People like them harm real victims. It trivializes their suffering.

That being said, people who do this like attention and are obsessed by it. They want people to feel sorry for them. They are perpetual victims and always play victim. This is a form of extreme narcissism mixed with Histrionic and Borderline Personality Disorder with Munchausen Syndrome.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

She could have sent those men to prison for life. It is scary that someone just has to claim you did something and you are charged, convicted and doing life in prison.

Luckily this one was vague. But what about the ones who name a person? It's frightening how many people are incarcerated with no evidence except the word of someone else.

I don't have the answers but there has to be a better way. Too many innocent people torn from families for years at a time. It's disgusting.

10. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

11. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

<snip> http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/brean...g-rape-hoax-black-men-photos-facebook-fiance/

Sick chick, who would falsely accuse innocent people in order to spite/gain attention from someone else. Glad her fiance dumped her. She is surely a sociopath/psychopath who doesn't have a conscience. People like her don't care who they hurt; they view other people only as tools to get what they want, IMO.

12. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Breana Talbott has been indicted today:

13. cvaldez1975

they sure did call for a higher charge. bravo LE!@

14. Tessie

Tessie New Member

Yes they are looking at a 32 year sentence.

15. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

How could she send them to prison for life? They didn't exist.

16. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

No way. This is a political prosecution. Pales in comparison to Tawana Brawley who actually named suspects.

17. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Like I said before, luckily this one was vague. However it still had the potential to result in long prison sentences for innocent men. Because the cops could have brought in 3 black men and she could have identified them as her attackers.

Men are charged with rape because a girl/woman points at them and says "he raped me."
    They are held in jail until trial, sometimes for years.
    Then a jury is tasked with deciding who to believe.

In cases where the female happens to be more sympathetic, innocent men are being convicted.
    A life sentence should not be possible based solely on another person's word.
    That's what had the potential to happen in this case. Thankfully for the black men in that area, it did not. :twocents:

18. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

She hasn't named anybody. There have been cases where innocent men have actually been accused, and even then it didn't result in the prosecution of the accuser.

19. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Active Member

It doesn't surprise me that "she" has people defending her.

Anyone with any sense of how Black people are treated when crimes like these are "reported" only have to look back at Susan Smith or Charles Stuart. You can go back further and look at "Rosewood" or "Tulsa."

It seems no one cares or has ever really cared. The "accusers" even if they are lying are still the "victims."

20. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Active Member

All she had to do was "point to" three innocent Black Men and a jury would convict them. Do you not understand that?? Three INNOCENT Men!!

Maybe you don't remember when the Susan Smith case happened... or the Charles Stuart case happened... but I do. INNOCENT Black Men were rounded up and their rights as America Citizens were violated. It was a lynch mob... based on the accusations of the people who actually committed the crimes.

I have NO sympathy for this girl and her racist accusations that COULD have cost INNOCENT people their lives. Especially in the political climate we are in. I will not shed one tear for her. None at all. She will more than likely be found "Not Guilty" because that's what we do to pretty little sociopath's like her.

21. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

Like I said. This is a political prosecution. TIA