Found Deceased TX - Rickey Lee Rowlett, 56, Harlingen, 4 Nov 2021 *disappeared from hospital*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Family continues searching for missing Weslaco man (krgv.com)

5.1-6pm-full_20211109_1758_276.8849416666667.png

Rickey Lee Rowlett, was last seen leaving Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen on Thursday, Nov. 4.
  • GR said her husband was in the hospital to be treated for cirrhosis of the liver.
  • He was on several medications and was supposed to be watched constantly in case of a fall or injury.
  • "He was just confused, and he kept asking ‘What else are they going to do to me?’” GR said.
  • GR said she went to wash her hands and when she returned, she saw him walking toward another aisle with staff behind him.
  • "A few minutes later, they show up by themselves and I told them, 'Where's Ricky?' and they're like, 'Oh, ma'am, once he walks outside of the building, we're not responsible for him no more.'"
  • Rickey Lee was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, no shirt and yellow hospital socks.
  • He is a white male with brown hair and eyes, weighing 155 lbs with a height of 5’11.
Those with information on Rowlett’s whereabouts are urged to call the Harlingen Police Department at 956-216-5400.

LoveyG

Reaction score
  • "A few minutes later, they show up by themselves and I told them, 'Where's Ricky?' and they're like, 'Oh, ma'am, once he walks outside of the building, we're not responsible for him no more.'"
This is shocking. A patient with confusion walks outside and they just turn away and wash their hands of him.

ClaireNC

Reaction score
He was being treated for cirrhosis of the liver, which is often caused by alcoholism. It’s a sad truth, that people with substance abuse issues are often treated as worthless by medical professionals and law enforcement.

This reminds me of the case in California where a woman went missing from a hospital room and was found deceased in a stairwell weeks later.

RIP…prayers for all who loved him.