Tx - Rocky Lee, 57, Shot To Death By Fellow Cop Brother In His Home, Harris County, 25 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Texas police officer allegedly shoots, kills fellow cop brother in his home

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KCRG-TV9) -- A police officer in Texas is dead and his brother, a fellow cop, allegedly was the one who shot him multiple times, according to authorities.
3A0C07BF-CDB2-4EF4-81B7-AF25779C805C.jpeg
Rocky Lee, 57, was identified by the Harris County Sheriff's Office as the deputy who was shot and killed Friday. His brother, who works for the Stagecoach Police Department and was the alleged shooter, has yet to be identified.
KTRK+cop-shoots-cop2-ktrk-mo-20180526_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg
Police group outside a home where a Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy was shot and killed allegedly by his brother, a fellow officer, on Friday, May 25, 2018. (Courtesy: KTRK)

Police initially believed the incident was a burglary, but said at a press conference late Friday -- once it was learned the two were brothers -- that it was instead "a domestic issue."

"This isn't a burglary, this is some kind of a domestic issue that occurred," said Lt. Scott Spencer, from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. "So all of our detectives are investigating all avenues at this time."

Lee's body was found in a bathroom at the house where the suspect lived. He was shot "multiple times," police said.

The suspect was treated for unnamed "medical conditions," according to police, and is cooperating with authorities.

[...]

The Harris County Sheriff's Office, Texas Rangers and Montgomery County district attorney are currently conducting an investigation into the shooting.

Stagecoach, Texas, is a small town about 40 miles northwest of Houston.

Harris County Sheriff's Office

Video at link.

Cop faces murder charges in fatal shooting of brother, an off-duty sheriff's deputy, police say

1527398651765.jpg

Robert Lee, 59, left, an off-duty police officer, fatally shot his brother, Rocky Lee, 57, an off-duty sheriff's deputy, authorities said. (Montgomery County Sheriff's Office / Harris County Sheriff's Office)

An off-duty Texas police officer was arrested Saturday in the shooting death of his brother, an off-duty sheriff’s deputy, during a possible home dispute, authorities said.

Robert Lee, 59, a police officer in Stagecoach, near Houston, was charged with murder in the fatal shooting of his brother, 57-year-old Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Rocky Lee, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office said. He was not charged with capital murder because the victim was off-duty.

"Our hearts are broken this evening," Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted. "We're going to be hurting for a long time."

Authorities say they believe Rocky Lee was checking on the welfare of his brother when he was shot several times in the bathroom of the residence. They said the circumstances that led to the shooting were still under investigation.

The Houston Chronicle obtained police scanner audio of Robert Lee calling police after the shooting.

"I have a victim who is shot and I cannot locate him at this point,” he can be heard saying. “I have fired shots into this young man and I cannot locate him on my property. I'm a police sergeant with the city of Stagecoach. This man has broken into my house and I have fired five rounds into him and I cannot locate him at this time. Please be aware of that as you approach."

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office later confirmed a burglary never occurred at the residence and that a 26-year veteran of the department was fatally shot.

[...]

Robert Lee, a 35-year law enforcement veteran, was held at the Montgomery County Jail on $250,000 bail, according to court records.

Ed Gonzalez on Twitter

Dang! Why would he tell them he could not locate the victim? So he could buy time? That just makes no sense. He clearly was not going to be able to move/ hide the body, or he would not have made the call.

Senseless....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back