Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Farias vanished on the afternoon of March 6, 2015, after leaving his home in Houston, Texas to take his two dogs for a walk. Both dogs later returned off their leashes -- without Rudy. According to family members, the 18-year-old had been dealing with depression at the time of his disappearance. He had watched his older brother, who was his best friend, die at the scene of a motorcycle accident several years earlier and was still trying to cope with the loss. Police do not suspect foul play in the case.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

rudy_farias_5f003e36e6b45f5b741a53c849fd9e07.fit-360w.png

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

Rudy Farias vanished on the afternoon of March 6, 2015, after leaving his home in Houston, Texas to take his two dogs for a walk. Both dogs later returned off their leashes -- without Rudy. According to family members, the 18-year-old had been dealing with depression at the time of his disappearance. He had watched his older brother, who was his best friend, die at the scene of a motorcycle accident several years earlier and was still trying to cope with the loss. Police do not suspect foul play in the case. If you have any information regarding Rudy’s case, please contact the Houston Police Department at (713) 731-5776 or private investigator Brenda Paradise at (281) 642-7299.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Rudolph Gabriel Farias IV​

farias_rudolph.jpg
farias_rudolph2.jpg

Rudolph, circa 2015
  • Missing Since 03/06/2015
  • Missing From Houston, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Hispanic
  • Date of Birth 10/01/1997 (25)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 200 - 215 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded pullover sweatshirt, a black t-shirt, a black undershirt, blue jeans with a size 40 waist, brown Skechers sneakers, gray cotton gloves, a brown Lady of Mount Carmel devotional scapular and a rosary ring.
  • Medical Conditions Rudolph suffers from depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, and he has previously attempted suicide. He may not have been taking his medication at the time of his disappearance and may be disoriented as a result. Rudy also suffers from asthma and uses an inhaler, which he was carrying at the time of his disappearance. The inhaler has since been located.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Rudolph's nickname is Rudy and many accounts refer to him by that name. His other nickname is The Rudster. Some agencies give his name as "Rudolph Rudy Farias". He has dimples in his cheeks, and he walks with a limp due to an injury to his right leg.

Details of Disappearance​

Rudolph was last seen walking his two dogs in the vicinity of Tidwell and C.E. King in northeast Houston, Texas at 6:00 p.m. on March 6, 2015. He never returned home and has never been heard from again.

Several hours later, one of the dogs came home alone and without its leash. The next day, the second dog also returned home alone and missing its leash. After Rudolph's disappearance, authorities found his asthma inhaler in an empty field where he usually walked the dogs. There was no other sign of him.

For months prior to Rudolph disappearance he had been suffering from depression. His older brother had died in a motorcycle accident in 2001, and Rudolph had witnessed this death. In 2014 his father, a Houston police officer, had died by suicide.

At the time of his disappearance, Rudolph was scheduled to testify in a criminal case. It's unclear whether the testimony was a factor in his disappearance, but he is considered missing under unclear circumstances. His case remains unsolved.

DEC 5, 2022

Rudy Farias vanished on the afternoon of March 6, 2015, after leaving his home in Houston, Texas to take his two dogs for a walk. Both dogs later returned off their leashes -- without Rudy. According to family members, the 18-year-old had been dealing with depression at the time of his disappearance. He had watched his older brother, who was his best friend, die at the scene of a motorcycle accident several years earlier and was still trying to cope with the loss. Police do not suspect foul play in the case. If you have any information regarding Rudy’s case, please contact the Houston Police Department at (713) 731-5776.

If you search his FB name (Rudy Farias IV) on Facebook there is an update.
Good and bad :(
I remember his face from when he went missing, he looked so fragile :(
I saw that post and came right here to see if there was any update or new articles. Must be such a relief for his family. I can't imagine what this kid endured for 8 years! Just awful.

First time in my Websleuths memory that I believe I’m reading about a trafficked man.
I could be wrong. MOO
I pray for the best for him and am grateful he’s alive. He endured a lot of trauma pre-‘15 and it likely compounded since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member