Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

GUILTY TX - Ryan, 48, & Elena Callens, 49, murdered in their Frisco home, 11 Aug 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Aug 12, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in the murder of his parents in Frisco, Texas.

48-year-old Ryan Callens and 49-year-old Maria Elena Callens were found shot dead early Monday morning at their home in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Another family member was thought to have been home at the time.

'One neighbor used the word "sheltered" to describe the teen.

"He couldn't eat or drink certain things, couldn't watch things," Edith Benitez, who lives in the neighborhood, told the station. "He was just like really restricted." '

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-couple-shot-to-death-16-year-old-son-arrested/

Attached Files:

2. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

3. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

Resentment is one thing but murder is another. Complaints about soda and movies. Two years he could have been on his own. We didn't stock soda in our home and had parental control on our cable box. I'm sure our teens drank soda and watched unapproved shows when visiting friends homes. Maybe there is more to this story. Check the link below under statics how many parents are killed each week by their biological children, interesting. Jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/qa-why-kids-kill-parents/

ciao

4. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Whoa! How awful. Off to sleuth about this. I wonder if there are any other siblings?

5. Lovejac

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/texas-teenager-kills-strict-parents

So the neighbors think he was very sheltered because his parents didn't allow him to watch violent movies or drink soda. :facepalm:
    I bet those same neighbors would BLAME the parents if they had allowed him to watch violent movies and he had gone on a public shooting rampage.

I'm sorry, this is just ridiculous.

6. colette

colette Well-Known Member

The 16 year old was the youngest of their 5 children. One of the older children was in the home at the time of the murders.

Neighbors said the teen was homeschooled and as the years passed he had grown distant from his neighborhood friends but had never shown signs of aggression or badmouthed them, neighbors said.
    "He didn't say anything, like, bad about them. He didn't, like, show any aggression or hatred towards [sic] them," Benitez said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Frisco-Police-Investigate-Double-Homicide-270746251.html

7. greenpalm

greenpalm I don't say much unless I've really thought it thr

This family was in my homeschool group.

8. Lovejac

OMG! greenpalm! I'm so sorry :grouphug:

9. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry (((((greenpalm))))). This must be such a shock. I'm so sorry for your loss.

10. Lovejac

I just finished reading 6 different articles. All are talking about how sheltered this boy was because he was not allowed soda, to watch violent movies, was punished when he broke rules. And let's not forget all the people out there that think homeschooled = sheltered.

How is it sheltered that his parents actually parented him? Cared about what he put in his body? Cared about what he watched? Held him accountable when he broke the rules? I don't get it. In my mind that equals a good parent.

I am so, so sorry for those parents and his siblings :( This is just senseless.

Under those reasons given by the neighbors, my husband and I would be at risk for being killed by one of our 3 children. GMAB

11. Sporky

Sporky The fork is mightier than the spoon.

Reading all these articles makes me think that they were stricter on the youngest than the older kids and was not allowed as much freedom as them. So maybe he was resentful because of that.

12. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

Big hugs! I can imagine this must be a terrible shock to your group.

13. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Active Member

dafuq? I am surprised there are not more news/coverage of this. How incredibly horrible. And the siblings. OMG.

14. Lovejac

15. Lovejac

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-killing-parents-texas-home-article-1.1900890

this link gives more details

16. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Active Member

wow. He was just standing there, right outside of the house, with his sister, waiting for the cops? Bizarro.

17. Kip

Kip Active Member

Oh, my gosh, greenpalm. I'm sorry. Something like this is hard to process as an adult -- it's going to be so hard on the kids in your group. My prayers for all of you.

18. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

There was a lot more going on than banning soda & movies. IMO

19. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

16 years old. TWO more years and he could have moved out. Wait--- he could have asked to be placed in foster care immediately ; if his life was so restricted.
    What a ___(bleep).
    Unless there is more to this story, I don't see how this was the parent's fault.
    :moo:

Rest gently, Ryan and Maria !!

Supposedly, prisons in TX are no picnic...guess this teen will find that out. What was he thinking ? SMH

20. greenpalm

greenpalm I don't say much unless I've really thought it thr

Mom's name was Elena, not Maria. I'm not sure where that is coming from unless it might have been her middle name or something.