GUILTY TX - Sabrina Allen, 4, Austin, 21 April 2002

In Greg's video on the go fund me account he says that Dara obviously had extensive plastic surgery to alter her appearance. In her mugshot she just looks older to me, not necessarily that she had plastic surgery. But I guess he would know better than me, and may even know it as a fact.
Ohhhh I thought that it was Sabrina who had had plastic surgery! Yes I can see Dara having that.....money from where who knows but medical services are cheaper there. I was just shocked she would stoop to getting such surgery on her own child....but I read it wrong

I'm so overjoyed to hear this!!!! Every time I looked at Mr. Allen's website over the years I would watch the milestones of their lives go by.. how he would write that she missed another birthday, or Christmas with her extended family, a family reunion, a Grandparent's 90th birthday, then a Grandparent's death, the day she would have started 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade and so on.. just utterly heartbreaking. But so sweet how her Dad kept this log, as an attempt to have her there with the family in spirit, and to make her feel included.. to remind her (and, himself and them) what she was missing.
Anyway no one can know the hell she went through and to have her private life be exposed all over the news like this... must be so awful. I hope she is getting the best care and that somehow she will understand what her Dad & family went through searching for her. He really truly never gave up...!! I am so happy for them and glad she is OK. (alive & relatively healthy). Hopefully she is getting the very best of care and will be be reunited with her family soon. I know it's going to be a hard road ahead but I hope it all turns out well.

Me too. Such a small thread. I ran across it a year or so ago. I had completely forgotten about Sabrina and her dad.

Send out some good juju to all involved.

It seems as if a number of you have been following this case for some time. I am overjoyed that this child is alive and physically well. I hope she decides to reunite with her father and extended family after having time to digest and understand the entire situation.

Question for those familiar with this case: is the mother mentally ill, or what were her supposed reasons for her actions? She is apparently estranged from her own family, goes through a nasty divorce and can't manage to obtain primary custody (no easy feat for a woman to lose primary, especially 14 years ago), and then gets all this plastic surgery and lives like a hermit for years. Does she have a diagnosed mental illness?

She's been diagnosed with a bunch of personality disorders, all in the cluster B type.

She's been diagnosed with a bunch of personality disorders, all in the cluster B type.

Hope this will be enough to keep her behind bars or committed for the rest of her life! The damage she has done to this child is immeasurable. At 18, Sabrina becomes an adult and can speak for herself. My hope is she will be receptive to the new changes and challenges ahead of her.

My thoughts go to Jaycee Duguard (sp?) and how she appears to have overcome her horrendous stolen childhood. And, also the three girls who were taken in Ohio. I do not believe Sabrina suffered the physical abuse these girls did. I feel confident the mental abuse was damaging enough to this poor child. May Sabrina be the type of personality that she will listen and be open to the therapists as they work with her.

Hope this will be enough to keep her behind bars or committed for the rest of her life! The damage she has done to this child is immeasurable. At 18, Sabrina becomes an adult and can speak for herself. My hope is she will be receptive to the new changes and challenges ahead of her.

My thoughts go to Jaycee Duguard (sp?) and how she appears to have overcome her horrendous stolen childhood. And, also the three girls who were taken in Ohio. I do not believe Sabrina suffered the physical abuse these girls did. I feel confident the mental abuse was damaging enough to this poor child. May Sabrina be the type of personality that she will listen and be open to the therapists as they work with her.

Was she made to be a sex slave like Jaycee and the girls in Ohio? I read an article about the town they were found being a hotbed for human trafficking. I can't remember if the article was making implications or if it was really fact that she was pimped out by her mother. Can someone set the record straight?

Was she made to be a sex slave like Jaycee and the girls in Ohio? I read an article about the town they were found being a hotbed for human trafficking. I can't remember if the article was making implications or if it was really fact that she was pimped out by her mother. Can someone set the record straight?

I don't think so. All I know is that at the presser, her Dad Greg stated that he was actually grateful to Dara that Sabrina was physically fine and had been physically taken care of. Didn't sound to me like there was any belief at that time of her being prostituted by her mom or anything like that.

I've mentioned before that Greg Allen and I have a mutual friend. I've never met Greg, but I feel as though I know him. My friend got to talk to Greg today. He still hasn't seen Sabrina, but they are just going to take it one day at a time. At least they are able to start working on the next chapter of their lives. Please continue to keep the entire Allen family in your thoughts and prayers. They still have a long road ahead of them.

Best wishes to Sabrina and Greg. It's a shame they missed so many years of affection/bonding with each other.

I admire Greg's tenacity, and I hope he is rewarded for his patience and goodwill. Sabrina is really lucky to have him for a dad. Peace to her.

I sincerely hope that eventually what is best for Sabrina happens. I don't know what that is, I hope there is someone advocating for her best interests.

I agree with the commenters under the Statesman article who would like to hear the mother's story. Despite being described as being in bad shape, her photograph shows a glowing healthy girl.

Back in the day when she went missing Greg Allen approached the boy scout council and asked troops to help distribute flyers and use their social networking to get the poster out on the internet. After researching this, our troop declined to help. I would be very, very interested in an article about the mother and her struggle to be able to raise her child.

I sincerely hope that eventually what is best for Sabrina happens. I don't know what that is, I hope there is someone advocating for her best interests.

I hope she is given a CASA volunteer to advocate for her own interests, not those of her warring parents.

What I haven't read anywhere is about Dara's family... I wonder where they are at and if they had anything to do with her hiding Sabrina all of these year?

Yes. Early on it was clear they were funding Dara and were all on her side, pretending not to know where Dara and Sabrina were living.

Another article, a few more details. You have to overlook spelling and grammar errors.

In Texas, 17 is an adult in criminal court. I don't know what those implications are in family court - whether she can choose her own custody at this age, and choose to continue to express her wish not to be reunited with her father. She was born May 30, 1997 and so will turn 18 this May.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26758876/sabrina-allens-mother-dara-llorens-appears-in-court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back