TX TX - Samantha Broberg, 33, missing from Carnival cruise ship, 13 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

She is talking about a smear campaign.

[h=3]THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN - Hallmark of a Narcissist [/h]http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.co.za/2011/08/smear-campaign-hallmark-of-sociopath.html

Attachments

• Smear Campaign.jpg
    Smear Campaign.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 208
Yep. They would literally suck the last breath out of you, they are superior.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I feel so sorry for the 4 kids. No matter how she ended up in the water, it is a nightmarish tragedy for them.

When dealing with an NPD person 3 scenarios are likely:

1. Someone destroyed by the NPD can feel so worthless they want to end their life.

2. An NPD person can become so enraged by the threat to expose them/ruin their image & reputation (which is everything to them) that they can either kill or devise a scheme to have someone killed. 48 Hours, Dateline etc all show us common occurrences of schemes to have people bumped off when they have an alibi. It's not rare. Sadly.

3. The victim of an NPD person gets away. Far away.

I think that WS proves that there are plenty of people living amongst us in '1st world' countries who are of questionable character. I'm not sure what's relevant here about the countries of origin of crew members. Or did I misunderstand what you're saying here?

Possibly.

One of the advantages to ship owners in registering under a flag of convenience instead of under, say, the British, US or other western flag, is that they do not have to follow western recruitment and crewing procedures for the ships. Although they tend to recruit the officers, and some of the passenger-facing roles such as beauticians, from western nations (and pay them the sort of rates they have to pay westerners), the majority of the crew are recruited from the developing world because they can hire them much more cheaply, and because only people from the developing world would be willing to work for the wages offered. It helps to keep ticket prices down for customers. However, that also means that the majority of the crew do not undergo the sort of pre-employment screening, such as for criminal records, you might expect. It's simply much more difficult to check whether a kitchen hand from Indonesia or Kenya is a convicted rapist or thief than it would be to check an Australian or Dane for the same.

Also, 4 weeks ago she posted a quote that her relationship was essentially over and that he doesn't feel the way he did for her anymore. I hope it wasn't suicide, but there is no doubt she was struggling with depression.

Despite cruising going "industrial" in scale in recent decades, there's still this romantic aura surrounding it. Cruising is "romantic" yet there she was, cruising with friends rather than her husband with recent thoughts that her marriage was effectively over. I wonder if this juxtaposition simply got to her. I'm somewhat reminded of the poignancy of the photo of Princess Diana sitting alone on that bench in front of the Taj Mahal.

Possibly.

One of the advantages to ship owners in registering under a flag of convenience instead of under, say, the British, US or other western flag, is that they do not have to follow western recruitment and crewing procedures for the ships. Although they tend to recruit the officers, and some of the passenger-facing roles such as beauticians, from western nations (and pay them the sort of rates they have to pay westerners), the majority of the crew are recruited from the developing world because they can hire them much more cheaply, and because only people from the developing world would be willing to work for the wages offered. It helps to keep ticket prices down for customers. However, that also means that the majority of the crew do not undergo the sort of pre-employment screening, such as for criminal records, you might expect. It's simply much more difficult to check whether a kitchen hand from Indonesia or Kenya is a convicted rapist or thief than it would be to check an Australian or Dane for the same.

I wish your last sentence wasn't written in such a funny way :) because it's horribly true. After watching the videos about George Smith & the Russians, the lovely daughter of that lovely family (can't remember the name) who might have been trafficked to one of those islands etc I will always view cruising as a very dangerous way to vacation. I still want to do it one day but if I do I'll make sure to stay glued to my partner's side and carry pepper spray everywhere lol.

Despite cruising going "industrial" in scale in recent decades, there's still this romantic aura surrounding it. Cruising is "romantic" yet there she was, cruising with friends rather than her husband with recent thoughts that her marriage was effectively over. I wonder if this juxtaposition simply got to her. I'm somewhat reminded of the poignancy of the photo of Princess Diana sitting alone on that bench in front of the Taj Mahal.

Ah, yes. The Love Boat. Finding or reigniting romance on the high seas.

I wish your last sentence wasn't written in such a funny way :) because it's horribly true. After watching the videos about George Smith & the Russians, the lovely daughter of that lovely family (can't remember the name) who might have been trafficked to one of those islands etc I will always view cruising as a very dangerous way to vacation. I still want to do it one day but if I do I'll make sure to stay glued to my partner's side and carry pepper spray everywhere lol.

Something like 20 or 30 million people cruise every year. Typically the worst things that happen are self-caused, such as getting too drunk in Cozumel and missing the ship when it departs. Hordes of people bring their multi-generational families including very small children on cruise "reunion" vacations, especially on lines like Disney and Royal Carribean.

I'm a fairly security-conscious person, female, and a WS regular--and I still cruise solo pretty often, because my significant other doesn't like to go as frequently as I do.

Thinking of it is as "very dangerous" is to disregard the actual statistics. :)

I must admit that I'm saddened by some of SB's social media entries, and it gives me pause to consider a possible suicide. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and can't bring myself to consider that Ms. Broberg was murdered on the Carnival Liberty. I will remain open minded as we await confirmation from FBI investigators when they have finished the probe into SB's untimely death at sea.

Here is someone that was on the cruise give their account:

When he and his wife went to the pool area Saturday afternoon, they were asked by investigators to move.

Those investigators roped off the area and the two could see a broken light fixture behind crime tape.

"I think when she stood on that and was sitting on it, it gave out. You jerk. You tense up and fall back. I think that's what happened," he said

They also believe the strong winds throughout the cruise may have contributed to the fall.

http://kfdm.com/news/local/passenger-on-cruise-where-woman-fell-overboard-shares-his-story

The only fears that I have are an onboard fire and becoming ill/injured without adequate medical care/facilities. Medical transport from a cruise ship is costly and risky, and a fire on the ship is among the scariest things I can imagine.

The likelihood of either of my fears is slight. I hope you'll give cruising the old college try :)

The only fears that I have are an onboard fire and becoming ill/injured without adequate medical care/facilities. Medical transport from a cruise ship is costly and risky, and a fire on the ship is among the scariest things I can imagine.

The likelihood of either of my fears is slight. I hope you'll give cruising the old college try :)

This is why it is strongly suggested that one obtain good travel insurance with medical evacuation. I never cruise without it. In fact, i don't believe my USA medical policy covers me outside the country, let alone having a medivac fly to the ship to pick me up.

That only works if you are injured on the ship, but not if there were a fire, that's a whole different ballgame.

^ Always. $100 per person. Money well-spent for peace of mind.

Nah :) I won't change my mind about it being dangerous. Statistically low sure but too many un-screened potential creeps around in close proximity with a high interaction level. In a hotel you don't have that enforced intimacy. And it's not as easy for sociopaths to kidnap, rape, traffic, drug or kill people in a hotel with cameras everywhere. Plus there is the lax accountability on the part of the police in different Caribbean countries you visit.... different rules for the ship itself depending on foreign domain... :) uh uh

I am fairly weak at sleuthing. I have only followed one previous case on WS and I learned much more from this site than from MSM. When I initially saw the
video I was naive enough to assume that Carnival ( or an employee with access) had leaked the video.

On another note and in her defense I want to say the Samantha appears to tip the scale far more to the classy side than the trashy side. I fear their is more to
the story than alcohol and/or mental instability. If this were a family member of mine, I'm not sure that I could ever get closure without knowing why this happened.

I wonder what % of suicides leave a note. Most of the MOB suicides I have read about have come after an argument or after threats or in broad daylight. Do suicidal
people normally just disappear? If she was suicidal, I highly doubt she was aware that she would be captured on camera. I just trying to say that most people seem
to commit suicide in a place they will be found.

And i'm just not buying the selfie theory. When I take a selfie, my arm is only long enough to take my face. Therefore, the picture wouldn't show her sitting on the rail
anyway. Nor would it show the ocean in the background since it was pitch back outside.

No it wouldn't show you the rail, but it would show you the open sea behind. I have never been on a cruise, but I read on that cruise forum that there is deck lighting and lighting around the exterior of the ship that lights up like a ball field on the water. She might have thought that was cool.

I know a lot of people I consider classy over trashy. Those same people drink and have been drunk, and judgement can take a serious turn in those moments. And If alcohol was involved in her case, then clear thinking probably wasn't. I'm waiting to hear more, I am surprised we have not heard more about the evening events leading to this.

I did not believe it was suicide at first but I do now. I saw one of her social media accounts. Sadly, it had a quote that referenced drowning. Also some very depressing quotes regarding her relationship. :(

I always go to my SM and wonder if what I posted could be taken wrong in a situation like this. I think a lot of what I post is safe, but who knows? People come up with theories and run with them. I think most everything we post can be misconstrued. And since my SM is locked down for the most part, what CAN be seen are the random shares and quotes. Then you end up looking like an uncaring mother who never posted pics of her kids, lol!

No it wouldn't show you the rail, but it would show you the open sea behind. I have never been on a cruise, but I read on that cruise forum that there is deck lighting and lighting around the exterior of the ship that lights up like a ball field on the water. She might have thought that was cool.

I know a lot of people I consider classy over trashy. Those same people drink and have been drunk, and judgement can take a serious turn in those moments. And If alcohol was involved in her case, then clear thinking probably wasn't. I'm waiting to hear more, I am surprised we have not heard more about the evening events leading to this.

I used to be that way, not suspecting the worst of people (not meaning her at all but others in her proximity) and I advise you to cherish your status quo. It means you've successfully evaded all potential predators in your life thus far. Congrats :) She hasn't been as lucky.

Nah :) I won't change my mind about it being dangerous. Statistically low sure but too many un-screened potential creeps around in close proximity with a high interaction level. In a hotel you don't have that enforced intimacy. And it's not as easy for sociopaths to kidnap, rape, traffic, drug or kill people in a hotel with cameras everywhere. Plus there is the lax accountability on the part of the police in different Caribbean countries you visit.... different rules for the ship itself depending on foreign domain... :) uh uh

You know a lot about the potential dangers of cruising for someone who doesn't cruise. I understand the impetus to let fear drive our decisions these days, but here's hoping you'll change your mind in the future.

(Or not--lower fares for the rest of us. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82