TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these comments on how we should be respectful to police officers OR THEY CAN ARREST AND KILL US?

It reminds me of what I used to learn about the Soviet KGB. Feared by citizens.

Did anyone see the video of a guy carrying a big rifle on his back being confronted by the police? The guy was so rude it was astounding.

Do you know what happened to that white guy? NOTHING!

I wish I knew where that video is.

Oh wait, I think you mean this one.

Old Guy Putting Michigan's 'Open Carry' Gun Laws To The Test

[video=youtube;GQwlfXdDDYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwlfXdDDYA[/video]

This one?

Black Man Vs White Man Open Carry An AR-15 In Oregon.

[video=youtube;EvW_zBvJlsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvW_zBvJlsA[/video]

Wow wow wow. I have not seen this one. The one I saw was with an incredibly rude white guy.

THE BLACK GUY IN THIS VIDEO IS UNBELIEVEABLY BRAVE!

Nope. No racism here. Nope

I love these comments on how we should be respectful to police officers OR THEY CAN ARREST AND KILL US?

It reminds me of what I used to learn about the Soviet KGB. Feared by citizens.

Did anyone see the video of a guy carrying a big rifle on his back being confronted by the police? The guy was so rude it was astounding.

Do you know what happened to that white guy? NOTHING!

I wish I knew where that video is.

The majority of people KNOW to do what a LEO tells you to do. It's the ones who refuse to obey who get killed or seriously injured.

Respect the officer and they will respect you.

simple as that.

The majority of people KNOW to do what a LEO tells you to do. It's the ones who refuse to obey who get killed or seriously injured.

simple as that.

I sincerely wish "respect the officer and they will respect you" was as "simple as that". But it's wishful thinking for many, and I think a lot of the time "respect" gets confused with genuflection, worship-- and what about when cops don't obey the law?... 14 times in the video she asked why she was being arrested -- no answer. Having an "attitude" is not a capital offense, you know? If it were, there'd be a lot of dead teens. "Just listen" cannot always save you.

Oh wait, I think you mean this one.

Old Guy Putting Michigan's 'Open Carry' Gun Laws To The Test

[video=youtube;GQwlfXdDDYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwlfXdDDYA[/video]

Nope. Not this one either but it's a good one, Luckily he was not black

Yes yes yes. They are PEACE officers, aren't they? So many have power and control issues. I wish there was a way of weeding them out.

I know there are some forces that use the MMPI. Obviously, that is not a tool that works.

They need training on human relations. Disgusting

Here in California they do an extensive psychological background check - and do a very comprehensive psychological evaluation - yet they still let people into the academy that shouldn't be there. One of my son's friends readily admitted he couldn't wait to become a cop so he could "legally" break people's arms. And he passed the psyche eval! Two years later the PD realized they had a loose cannon on their hands and fired him but still- who knows how much pain he caused to people in those two years he was "legally" allowed to hurt them? My SO was with the Sheriff's Office and they certainly had their share of overzealous, bigoted cops who were way over the top in their dealings with people they were arresting. They really should do follow-up psyche evals on cops every few years- as my SO maintains, the job changes you. He says you may go in to the police academy with the best of intentions but when you continuously see the worst of humanity it can't help but change you .

He also readily admitted cops can and DO knowingly escalate situations. When a cop that kind of attitude - how are people supposed to respect what he/she says?

simple as that.

I am white. My family is white. No one has taught us how to treat the police. Maybe we should be taught in school to fear, bow, and genuflect to PEACE OFFICERS .

I was raised with Andy Griffith.

On Twitter there's speculation that her mugshot was taken postmortem (or is at least a pic of her incapacitated) & she's on the floor (different clothes, the way her hair falls back and not down, the shadows/lighting, the way her left shoulder looks), which is a terrifying thought, but I'm not sure if I can 100% stand behind that (esp after seeing so many post-mortem images)... thinking about it is nauseating though.
Just in case, the pic is at the link (and the woman's replies have more discussion. She doesn't think that she's passed in the img but there are others who do.)
https://twitter.com/blogdiva/status/623860785731735552

simple as that.

It's NOT that simple, well not always anyway. Some cops go looking for trouble. Some cops deliberately escalate a situation to be able to "get into it" with the person they're arresting. I posted earlier that I was pulled over by a traffic cop - I had my then two-year-old daughter in the car and the cop wanted to know her name, how old she was etc. I didn't respond to the cop because I wasn't there to have a roadside chat with her about my daughter, I was there because she had pulled me over to cite me. When I didn't respond she immediately developed an attitude and asked me again, how old was my daughter, her name, etc. I told her we weren't there to discuss my daughter we were there for her to write me a ticket, all said in as calm a voice as I could muster. She asked me a THIRD time how old my daughter was etc and when I kept my mouth shut rather than say what I was thinking she said if I didn't answer her questions she would find additional citations to add to my ticket. REALLY??? I'm stubborn and at that point she could have hauled me off to jail and I still wouldn't have given her any info about my daughter. She seemed to realize that I was not going to give in to her harassment. She threw the ticket at me with the proverbial "have a nice day" and roared off in a snit. I told my SO about it years later and he said I should have reported her. So it's not as simple as "respect the officer and they will respect you". Not by a long shot.

Looks like jail clothes to me and her nose is pink.

I sincerely wish "respect the officer and they will respect you" was as "simple as that". But it's wishful thinking for many, and I think a lot of the time "respect" gets confused with genuflection, worship-- and what about when cops don't obey the law?... 14 times in the video she asked why she was being arrested -- no answer. Having an "attitude" is not a capital offense, you know? If it were, there'd be a lot of dead teens. "Just listen" cannot always save you.

Exactly. We shouldn't have to do whatever they say and sort out the legalities later. She knew her rights. Absolutely knew what she was asking and saying, but for some reason he didn't like her attitude and went after her. A person like that, who can't control himself, shouldn't choose such a volatile career.

Looks like jail clothes to me and her nose is pink.

Yes, which might've been from her crying, etc. There are many non-mugshot photos of her smiling and looking straight at the camera w/ her head straight but we can see up her nose in the image... Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but so many things in this seem "off" all around. Here are other mugshots from Waller County for comparison: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texas/Waller-County-TX/

Nope. Not this one either but it's a good one, Luckily he was not black

I think if he were black that video would have been about 90 seconds long and had a very different ending.

Boy, I wish I never got out of my car when I was ordered out by the police. I failed a sobriety test. I was doing fine until I got out. I didn't know it was okay to refuse his order.

So I just saw Ed Lavandera on CNN with copy of her intake report. She reportedly tried to commit suicide in 2014. So her family should take that into account when they say she would 'never' do that.

Is the family accusing the jailers of hanging her themselves?

Yes, which might've been from her crying, etc. There are many non-mugshot photos of her smiling and looking straight at the camera w/ her head straight but we can see up her nose in the image... Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but so many things in this seem "off" all around. Here are other mugshots from Waller County for comparison: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texas/Waller-County-TX/

Nothing about her mugshot seems off to me.

Dénouement;11945870 said:
Supposedly the little thin white ones.

If it were pulled straight out, it would be thicker, and could work. IIRC didnt Robin Williams hang himself from a door knob? I have read stories, where inmates hung them self from the bars, just sat down...

I still can't get over them being allowed the plastic bags. JMHO

So I just saw Ed Lavandera on CNN with copy of her intake report. She reportedly tried to commit suicide in 2014. So her family should take that into account when they say she would 'never' do that.

Is the family accusing the jailers of hanging her themselves?

Yep, either them or the police officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle