TX - Sara Mutschlechner, 20, fatally shot, Denton, 1 Jan 2016

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by PastTense, Jan 3, 2016.

1. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/sara-...years-eve-party-suspects-facebook-suv-family/

2. Loading...

3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators

Denton police say the gunman was in a black Lexus SUV occupied by five or six men. At least two of the occupants were at a different New Year’s Eve party in Denton.

“We're sure that a lot of people at the party would've recognized who was in that vehicle and maybe be able to tell us who they were,” said Denton police officer Shane Kizer. “We've got a lot of people that we're wanting to talk with at this time."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-fri...ege-student-killed-apparent/story?id=36063849

[​IMG]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-texas-road-rage-shooting-article-1.2483972

4. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

Texas police scour CCTV footage taken near where Sara Mutschlechner was killed | Daily Mail Online
    [...]
    In an interview with Fox 4, the parents of Mutschlechner said their daughter - a junior at the University of North Texas - had dreamed of being a film director or producer and that being an organ donor was a cause close to her heart.

Her father Clay called the killing 'senseless and tragic' while her mother Gloria said: 'All I could think about was her and this horrible thing that happened to her. She did not deserve this.'

Clay added: 'We're all going to miss her. Some people don't get to have their kids 20 years. We have to be blessed with what we've had with our time spent.'

Fox 4 revealed that Mutschlechner's decision to be an organ donor had already helped a burns (sic) victim.
    [...]

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-reveal-organ-donor-helped-burns-victim.html

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

6. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

Suspects sought after University of North Texas student killed in road rage shooting - CBS News
    4 hours ago

According to witnesses, the 20-year-old and her three passengers came under fire after a verbal altercation with people in a dark colored Toyota or Lexus SUV that fled the scene.

"It's our understanding that the occupants of the SUV were all African American males, five to six males," said Denton police officer Shane Kizer.

[...]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-...e-new-year-university-of-north-texas-student/

7. Tawny

Tawny Bye

This is awful. Ugh. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

8. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/article53006445.html

9. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

Road rage driver who 'shot 20-year-old sorority sister dead as she drove friends home from New Year party' is arrested and charged | Daily Mail Online

[...]
    A man has been charged with murdering a 20-year-old sorority sister in an apparent road rage fight on New Year's Eve.

Eric Jamal Johnson was arrested in Yuma, Arizona, on Tuesday morning - five days after University of North Texas student Sara Mutschlechner was fatally shot in the head as she drove friends home from a party.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sister-20-New-Year-s-Eve-road-rage-fight.html

10. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

U.S. marshals in Arizona arrest suspect in UNT student’s fatal shooting in Denton | Dallas Morning News
    [...]
    Denton police say federal authorities arrested a man believed to be tied to the killing of a 20-year-old UNT student in a road-rage incident last week.

U.S. marshals arrested Eric Jamal Johnson in Yuma, Ariz., on a murder charge this morning, police said in a news release. Police didn’t release any other details, and said they will hold a news conference later today to talk about the arrest.

[...]

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...oting-unt-student-in-road-rage-incident.html/

11. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

12. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

I agree. Horrible. Her life that seemed to be full of such promise was taken for no reason.

13. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

14. LietKynes

LietKynes Active Member

crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/unt-student-shot-in-head-in-suspected-road-rage-incident.html/
    This ^ link has a flyer for the party they attended.

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/04/polic...nt-killed-in-apparent-road-rage-shooting.html
    detectives are investigating the possibility that members of Mutschlechner's group may have gotten into an argument with the suspects at the party.

Imo, this ^ if accurate, would show some premeditation.

www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2016/...tudent-killed-after-new-years-party/78216518/
    Denton police said Sara and at least 60 other people were at a party on Friday night. According to witnesses, two people in the dark-colored SUV were also at party on Crisoforo Drive.

Is it possible Sara was not the intended victim ?
    Regardless-- I hope the shooter gets the DP.
    No matter what was said, or not, at the party-- or the manner in which someone is driving -- no one has the right to start shooting. Period.
    What a completely moronic individual, this perp. Smdh.
    :moo:

Rest in gentle peace Sara !

Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends , what a god-awful way to begin 2016. :(

15. LietKynes

LietKynes Active Member

16. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

17. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

Exactly. Argument or no argument, shooting is not acceptable.

18. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/...echner-shooting-death-arrested-in-arizona.ece

I think it likely Eric was shooting at one or both of the males in Sara's car, but missed and killed Sara instead.

19. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Would that change the situation if it were not "road rage" vs a prior argument. Seems to me a prior argument would make it premeditated?

20. LietKynes

LietKynes Active Member

SABBM

Exactly. "Premeditated" should bring a more severe sentence ; hopefully !
    I don't want this perp to get off easier by his lawyers because he allegedly 'snapped'.

And am just waiting for the others in the suv of the shooter (or his friends, etc.) to say he is a 'nice' guy who made a bad decision. There have been cases before this and will probably be more after where people say of the perp, "oh, he/she was a nice person who wouldn't do that..."

Since it was just after a party and Sara was the des. driver, possibly some of the other passengers in the vehicle she was driving were a trifle tipsy and said foolish things ? Not that it would excuse a brutal slaying.
    Thus far I don't see anything that would merit the brutality carried out that early morning.

If everyone who had something unkind said to them started shooting-- this country would be in total anarchy, everywhere. Fortunately most of us are more level headed in our thought process.

Hoping justice is swift for this young lady.

:moo:

21. pukasonqo2

pukasonqo2 Member

a waste of two lives, all the promise and hopes ahead of them both...
    what makes people think that using a gun to settle a stupid argument is a good decision?
    and thanks to sara's decision of being a donor others get a chance to live
    go in peace young girl, you'll be missed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk