GUILTY TX - Sara Mutschlechner, 20, fatally shot, Denton, 1 Jan 2016

Per Colette's link; interesting comments by an "R.T." , and "D.B.J." -- might shed some more light as to motive. Thinking out loud here.
If so.. how despicable. :(
Very sad.

Guessing he'll be tried in a court-martial scenario ?
IMO

Since the perp is active duty, will he be charged in a military court or tribunal ?
Good way to throw away his career.
:moo:

I'd say "good way to throw away his life".

So will this be handled militarily or be handled through the regular court system?

I would SO like to believe that a Marine had more sense and integrity than to be involved in this.

Tragic.

johnson-Eric.jpghttp://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Man-Arrested-Connected-to-Fatal-Shooting-of-UNT-Student-364240761.html

I'd say "good way to throw away his life".

So will this be handled militarily or be handled through the regular court system?

I would SO like to believe that a Marine had more sense and integrity than to be involved in this.

Tragic.

Regular court system.

This is another good example of why you cant just say that if someone is "X" then they must possess "these" qualities. Marines can be killers, doctors can be rapists, etc.

Per Colette's link; interesting comments by an "R.T." , and "D.B.J." -- might shed some more light as to motive. Thinking out loud here.
If so.. how despicable. :(
Very sad.

Guessing he'll be tried in a court-martial scenario ?
IMO

Members of the military only face court martial when they break military law (like the UCMJ), if they break civilian criminal law then they go to civilian criminal court just like anyone else.

The line can get blurred in a few circumstances, but in this case it would appear to be clear.

Marine arrested in New Year's slaying of Texas college student @CNN

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link
http://cnn.it/1RfwDGF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 86679http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Man-Arrested-Connected-to-Fatal-Shooting-of-UNT-Student-364240761.html

Bringing your link forward pappa rob:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ma...-Fatal-Shooting-of-UNT-Student-364240761.html
ETA:
Images of Sara from embedded video:
29c57755a265700ed43911814473834d.jpg

51301f7ef9a391932ff3a6611d292ab2.jpg

#JusticeForSara
:rose:

Can someone please link the story where it says that one of the 5(?) other people in the SUV called the police to report that this happened and tell them where the shooter was?

I must have missed it.

:thinking:

Can someone please link the story where it says that one of the 5(?) other people in the SUV called the police to report that this happened and tell them where the shooter was?

I must have missed it.

:thinking:

I presume if police is able to identify others in the car, some sort of charges can be brought against them as well.

I presume if police is able to identify others in the car, some sort of charges can be brought against them as well.

Why? There is no law against riding around in a car. And it is very rare for any type of charge to be brought against someone who simply shouts a one-time vulgar sexual invitation to someone.

Why? There is no law against riding around in a car. And it is very rare for any type of charge to be brought against someone who simply shouts a one-time vulgar sexual invitation to someone.

They were present when crime was committed, yet it doesn't appear they contacted police and reported anything. To me it seems they could be charged with something, but then I am not a lawyer.

This lunatic must have had a thorough background check?

Failure to report.
Aiding and abetting if any of them helped him after the fact, disposing/hiding the gun, fleeing to Arizona.

Public Information Officer Shane Kizer said Wednesday that the department has now spoken to everyone who they believe was riding in the vehicle with Eric Johnson the night 20 year-old Sara Mutschlechner was gunned down.

Investigators have not filed charges against any of those people yet, but Kizer said that is still a possibility as the investigation moves forward. He said they are now very confident that Johnson pulled the trigger.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/De...e-Witnesses-to-New-Year-Murder-364405401.html

From the other woman in the car:
At the second party, they saw a group of young men that they didn’t recognize. They didn’t interact with them at the party, but after they left and drove away, Mueller’s group didn’t hesitate when the men pulled alongside them in an SUV and motioned for them to roll down their window. The men asked where the group was headed. When they said they weren’t sure, the men in the SUV loudly and profanely suggested the women in the car spend the rest of their night having sex with them, Mueller recalled. The women responded with disgust, and a man in Mutschlechner’s group said he didn’t appreciate the comments.

“They didn’t like that,” Mueller said. The expressions of those in the SUV changed, she recalled. They started calling the women names, and then Mueller heard three gunshots. She said she doesn’t know who in the SUV fired them. Mueller was stunned as she looked down and saw broken glass in her lap, she said. Mutschlechner slumped forward and the car veered toward another car, she said. Mueller and one of the men in the car tried to grab the steering wheel, and they hit a utility pole.

The SUV immediately took off after the interaction that probably didn’t last more than 60 seconds, Mueller said.
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/vigil-for-sara-mutschlechner-friend-recalls-night-/npymF/

This was NOT road rage, according to Sara's friend and witness. That's important IMO.

[...]
Sara wasn’t what you think of as a typical sorority girl,” McGinty said. “She loved anime and was in band and loved playing her ukulele. She made friends with people in drama and band and people in debate.”

Mutschlechner was best known at San Marcos High for being one of the few girls in the school’s drum line, McGinty said. She would strap a big bass drum to her chest and could hold her own with the rest of the boys.
[...]

My eldest is in band now (1st chair alto sax), the only girl in advanced band in her middle school, and "one of the boys." I'd be a proud Mama to have her grow up to be anything like how Sara has been described! She did everything right and STILL lost her life senselessly and violently. This case makes me :pullhair: and want to never let my girls out of the house - EVER!

:no:

#JusticeForSara

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member