TX TX - Sarah Kinslow, 14, Greenville, 1 May 2001

bumping!!!!!!!! she has to be out there somewhere

UnsolvedMissing-SarahKinslow-2001-GreenvilleTX.jpg

Prayers for Sarah's safe return home, or at least a call to her family who is hopeful that she is alive and well somewhere.

TODAY!

Cue Center "On The Road To Remember" Rally Stop For Missing Sarah Kinslow

If you are in the area please consider coming to show the family support!! Flier with info is attached!!!

Attachments

• sarahkinslow.jpg
    sarahkinslow.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 75
Bumping for Sarah...this girl is never far from my mind.

Since Sarah would have reached majority now, I will post this.

Just after school let out in 2001, I saw Sarah in Greenville, Texas. Some of the postings here list Greenville as a "Dallas area" place. In 2001, although many Greenvillites had aspirations of the town being something to Dallas, I'd wager most in DFW wouldn't have been able to tell you where it was if they even knew it existed. The truth was closer to "a tiny town with pretensions about 45 miles from the edge of the Dallas metroplex". At that time, if I stopped into a burger joint drive thru for my lunch, I fully expected either my parents or spouse, if not both, to have heard from at least 3 people they saw me there by the time I got off work at 5pm. That's how small the town was and probably still is.

To get back to Sarah, I saw her walking out of the local Wal-Mart, where practically everyone shopped because by that time they'd put all the local places out of business that might have carried household goods. Due to frequent volunteering at the middle school, I knew Sarah by sight, and I pointed her out to my daughter. My daughter also knew Sarah and confirmed it was her. Sarah saw us gesturing in her direction and spoke to those with her. It seemed to me at the time they moved over a row to be further from us, and got into an older pickup truck in the row they moved to. It may be they just moved over because their vehicle was there, though. While I can't give the exact date, it was early June 2001. Sarah's hair was a little different than in the picture in the flyer, a little shorter, but not newly cut at all. It was also slightly darker, but did not appear to have been dyed. Rather, I'd have guessed it had previously been lightened and that had now grown out. The overall appearance was of the changes you might expect in actual appearance verses a school picture taken the previous fall, which is what I thought the picture I'd seen of Sarah was.

I started reaching for my cell phone to call someone and report I'd seen Sarah, but my daughter stopped me. She stated a certain member of Sarah's family knew exactly where she was, but I don't recall whom at this time, despite searching my memory. It would have had to have been someone close, such as her grandparents or aunt. My daughter said there was a bad home situation about to be made worse by Sarah's condition and the people that needed to knew Sarah was taken care of. She said Sarah was living out in the county in or near Quinlan, she thought. I made the decision not to call anyone at that moment because I just couldn't conceive of the concept of someone missing going waltzing around the local Wal-mart, where she was obviously going to be seen by at least several people who recognized her and maybe more what with the fliers from PTA going to all students and parents at the local school.

Sarah was clearly not under any duress. During the time we were viewing her, she even waved at another girl and her mother in the parking lot. The people she was with did not particularly look like her relatives, but they did look like a father and son. I would have said the son looked to be perhaps 15. I read on a different website an 18-year-old guy was interviewed by Greenville police and confessed to having a sexual relationship with Sarah prior to her going missing. It was reported as 'consentual, but Sarah was not of the age to give legal consent'. Neither of the people I saw her with looked to be 18 years of age. I'd have guessed the younger no more than 15 and the elder to be late 30s to early 40s. They had darker hair than Sarah, and the vehicle was a dirty blue pickup. At no time did I have an opportunity to view the vehicle's license plate. The pickup wasn't extended cab. They sat three across to travel in it. Other than that, I do not recall details.

In 2010, I came across a website post listing Sarah as still missing and pointing to a way of contacting the family. Sarah's mother replied when I sent in what information I had, and told me this would have been approximately the timeframe when Sarah was video taped in the Exxon station beside the Wal-mart in Greenville. She stated she had a good idea who the people Sarah was with probably were. I do not personally know Sarah's family other than I would recognize her parents if I saw them on the street. I have no idea if what my daughter told me may have simply been gossip, although my daughter stated at the time and still recalls it as information provided by one of Sarah's close girlfriends at the school. I asked my daughter before posting this. She thinks Sarah has had contact over the years with her close friends back in Greenville online, but has not spoken with her personally. She says Sarah has a profile on several of the social networking sites with a different name, she thinks.

Wow, that is interesting info. Obviously we would not ask you or your daughter to disclose the names of her friends to the world, but can one of you look on the social networking sites at Sarah's friends connections? If she is under a different name, you might be able to recognize her by a photo or by the connections she has.

Since Sarah would have reached majority now, I will post this.

Just after school let out in 2001, I saw Sarah in Greenville, Texas. Some of the postings here list Greenville as a "Dallas area" place. In 2001, although many Greenvillites had aspirations of the town being something to Dallas, I'd wager most in DFW wouldn't have been able to tell you where it was if they even knew it existed. The truth was closer to "a tiny town with pretensions about 45 miles from the edge of the Dallas metroplex". At that time, if I stopped into a burger joint drive thru for my lunch, I fully expected either my parents or spouse, if not both, to have heard from at least 3 people they saw me there by the time I got off work at 5pm. That's how small the town was and probably still is.

To get back to Sarah, I saw her walking out of the local Wal-Mart, where practically everyone shopped because by that time they'd put all the local places out of business that might have carried household goods. Due to frequent volunteering at the middle school, I knew Sarah by sight, and I pointed her out to my daughter. My daughter also knew Sarah and confirmed it was her. Sarah saw us gesturing in her direction and spoke to those with her. It seemed to me at the time they moved over a row to be further from us, and got into an older pickup truck in the row they moved to. It may be they just moved over because their vehicle was there, though. While I can't give the exact date, it was early June 2001. Sarah's hair was a little different than in the picture in the flyer, a little shorter, but not newly cut at all. It was also slightly darker, but did not appear to have been dyed. Rather, I'd have guessed it had previously been lightened and that had now grown out. The overall appearance was of the changes you might expect in actual appearance verses a school picture taken the previous fall, which is what I thought the picture I'd seen of Sarah was.

I started reaching for my cell phone to call someone and report I'd seen Sarah, but my daughter stopped me. She stated a certain member of Sarah's family knew exactly where she was, but I don't recall whom at this time, despite searching my memory. It would have had to have been someone close, such as her grandparents or aunt. My daughter said there was a bad home situation about to be made worse by Sarah's condition and the people that needed to knew Sarah was taken care of. She said Sarah was living out in the county in or near Quinlan, she thought. I made the decision not to call anyone at that moment because I just couldn't conceive of the concept of someone missing going waltzing around the local Wal-mart, where she was obviously going to be seen by at least several people who recognized her and maybe more what with the fliers from PTA going to all students and parents at the local school.

Sarah was clearly not under any duress. During the time we were viewing her, she even waved at another girl and her mother in the parking lot. The people she was with did not particularly look like her relatives, but they did look like a father and son. I would have said the son looked to be perhaps 15. I read on a different website an 18-year-old guy was interviewed by Greenville police and confessed to having a sexual relationship with Sarah prior to her going missing. It was reported as 'consentual, but Sarah was not of the age to give legal consent'. Neither of the people I saw her with looked to be 18 years of age. I'd have guessed the younger no more than 15 and the elder to be late 30s to early 40s. They had darker hair than Sarah, and the vehicle was a dirty blue pickup. At no time did I have an opportunity to view the vehicle's license plate. The pickup wasn't extended cab. They sat three across to travel in it. Other than that, I do not recall details.

In 2010, I came across a website post listing Sarah as still missing and pointing to a way of contacting the family. Sarah's mother replied when I sent in what information I had, and told me this would have been approximately the timeframe when Sarah was video taped in the Exxon station beside the Wal-mart in Greenville. She stated she had a good idea who the people Sarah was with probably were. I do not personally know Sarah's family other than I would recognize her parents if I saw them on the street. I have no idea if what my daughter told me may have simply been gossip, although my daughter stated at the time and still recalls it as information provided by one of Sarah's close girlfriends at the school. I asked my daughter before posting this. She thinks Sarah has had contact over the years with her close friends back in Greenville online, but has not spoken with her personally. She says Sarah has a profile on several of the social networking sites with a different name, she thinks.

JustGert, is it possible for your daughter to do any searching within her friends? I've found its actually pretty easy to find people even when they use fake names if you know who their friends are... simply look at people who have their friends list public and look through that list. Many people make their pictures private, but leave their profile picture public. So you can check who has liked/commented on the person's profile picture as well as their cover photo. If you have any specific names I would actually be happy to buzz around myself (I wouldn't message them or anything, just searching through their friends list). I've found lots of people searching this way.

She is the same age as I am, and I completely understand that teen drama that might cause teenagers to hide a runaway... but I can't imagine any of them would still keep it hidden after all these years. It just seems that if lots of people knew, someone would come forward. Does anyone know if her mom has tried to get in touch with friends in recent years? What about getting in touch with the boyfriend in recent years? Now that these people are older and probably starting families of their own they may be more willing to disclose anything they know.

She looks so much older than just 14 in her pictures!
With the world as crazy as it is, it's scary to think how a 14 year old could survive by herself. It's so easy for run away girls to go down the dark path of prostitution and drug abuse.
I think her friends know more than they say, I think they know at least why she left and where she wanted to head to. With all the probable sightings reported of her, I do believe she is still alive, somewhere out there. But we are creatures of routine, so the fact that she has not made contact with her family does not suprise me-she is prolly so used to the routine in the life she has.
I wonder did she leave with someone? WHy did she leave? How about the guy she was seeing-he obviously did not go with, which is odd, but does he know where he is? Is he still seeing her now secreltly?
I think her case is one that reminds me of Coral Hall, and I do think with enough exposure, she can be brought home, or maybe even see herself on TV and have a change of heart.

Amber I'm pretty sure originally she left with the boyfriend. There were a couple confirmed sightings right after she left ( them on camera at a gas station being one and her being seen by her own brother another) plus a short time later someone broke in to her old bedroom and spray painted "Curtis and Sarah forever" or something along those lines on the wall. I could be wrong but I believe the thought is that she did it herself. I am so certain she ran away with him... The question is where is she now and why hasn't she come home? I believe they are no longer together and it would seem they broke up only a short while later... As i think i heard he stayed in the area and had another underage girlfriend (that detail could be wrong but i think i heard it) So does he know where she is now? Did he harm her? If she left him on her own accord when what were the details of why

I also think it's weird that if they split, she did not make it home. Either she is accustomed to living life the way she has become used to living it and chose to start a new life ( maybe in fear of what her family may think of her?) Or maybe she couldn't come home because she was harmed.

I really think someone should reinterview her friends. I wonder if her mother has ever tried... or since her mother seems to be on bad terms with the friends perhaps the sister could try... or the friend her mother is still close with.... SOMEONE needs to retalk to these people. They are in their late 20's now. If Sarah really is okay they need to let her mom know, and if something happened to Sarah either by accident or not it would seem after all this time someone would be able to give some hint.

I also agree.
It is possible maybe she was pregnant and ran away in fear of not being accepted?
If she is okay, I also believe her friends know something, and they need to start talking!

Just contacted Sarah's family through pm on Facebook and was told that she is not a match with Lavendar Doe.

10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

7- Sarah Kinslow

At approximately 7:20 AM on May 1, 2001, 14-year-old Sarah Kinslow’s father dropped her off at Greenville Middle School in Greenville, Texas. However, she apparently had no intention of attending classes that day. Sarah and a couple of her friends were planning to skip school and meet at a local cemetery, but Sarah never showed up and has not been seen since. Police dogs followed Sarah’s scent from the school, but the trail ended after two blocks.

One of the people Sarah was planning to meet in the cemetery that day was her 18-year-old boyfriend, Curtis Wayne Bell. Sarah’s parents did not approve of their relationship and she had written in her diary about wanting to marry Curtis and run away with him to Mexico. Weeks after her disappearance, Sarah and Curtis were seen together in surveillance footage from a Greenville gas station. Curtis initially claimed it wasn’t Sarah and that he was with a different girl at the gas station, but then later denied that the guy in the footage was even him. Years later, Sarah’s parents found an anonymous note in their mailbox with information pertaining to her whereabouts. When they eventually discovered who wrote the note, this person claimed to have heard that Sarah’s body was disposed of in a rock quarry. However, investigators have yet to find any evidence to back up this person’s story, so Sarah Kinslow’s fate remains unknown.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

I have to bump this case just for the sheer weirdness of it. Regardless of why or how she disappeared, Sarah is an adult now and no longer has true reason to remain in hiding as some of the theories suggest.

Where is she, what happened? Whatever became of her adult-boyfriend and these friends who supposedly failed polygraph tests (according to her Charley project profile)? At their age wouldn't any of them, likely parents now themselves feel compelled for the sake of her family to bring some information to light?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back