GUILTY TX - Sarah Walker, 40, stabbed to death in McKinney model home, 8 July 2006

CrimeHater said:
Maybe he said it because he didn't want to make her look like a bad mom. She was just killed,and maybe he didn't want any negative aspect on her. As a new home sales person we work ALOT of hours... and EVERY weekend. It's very hard when you have little ones. My hubsband watches our kids and takes them to all sport activities, and so on. Our days off are two days during the week while everyone else has the weekends. This is probably when she had her son. She may have had more than two days with him, but it may gave been easier on her and her husbands schedule for their son to stay with her in the evenings. I don't know about in Dallas, but DR Horton is open until 7 in the evening in Houston. AND that is if you get off work on time.

that's exactly what crossed my mind also....

didn't he also say that Sarah had been hit over the head with a stool/chair at some point in the past???...she had called him to pick her up at the hospital after it happened???.....seems to me that she felt comfortable with calling on him when 'bad' things happened...i'll be shocked if we find that he has anything to do with her murder.....i heard on some TV show that Sarah posted how much money she made a year, & even her full name on a dating site....sadly, such a horrible mistake...

izzyB said:
SECOND: regarding these allegations of an attack last october/november. in one dallas morning news report it said she called police to say she was attacked or something and items stolen. but when the police got there they saw no evidence of that, except that she was intoxicated. no police reports about any prior attack, although her sister said either in the paper or on the news that she had been. i did not know she had been picked up by the ex from the hospital.

yeah, her ex talked about this last night....didn't go into anything about a police report being filed, that i can remember though....he mentioned something about her being hit over the head w/a chair or stool...this makes me think that maybe the person that attacked her at her home was someone she knew, or had been dating....

i don't think the ex husband had anything to do with this...the more i read, the more i think Sarah hooked up with some kind of freak/sicko that turned on her....almost reminds me of "Looking for Mr Goodbar".....

scandi said:
WOW IzzyMae! How spooky and yet exciting that you were driving there on that same day! What time did she did she die - 1pm - and what time was she discovered? Can't remember. So close in time.

I watched Greta's interview too and believe me, I gave him the eagle eye LOL My desk is about 20 feet from the TV so I couldn't se his eyes darting as you guys say, but I did notice they were quite small for the size of his head.

He reminded me of someone I couldn't put a finger on - a well known personality ??? But I could tell he is a good public speaker right away as he seemed to say the right things and had poise - until that last statement he mentioned. I thought that was in very poor taste.

For such a recent death, and to put in a plug for $$'s for the funeral, I just sat there dumbfounded. And he didn't carry it off well, like he was careful of his words and it wasn't planned before he started.

At first I thought, Gee, why did she ever let him go. Then I started think about these things:

motive - ?
opportunity - He was right there in the area or close by when it happened
means - His time is his own as he is a contractor I believe

I'm missing the 4th part - HELP! :rolleyes:

Anyway, 2 out of 4 is a start. Right?
Scandi

ETA: I just read the original article again. They said it was a bloody or messy crime scene so there has got to be gobs of forensic evidence, right? In fact, we should start to see it come out soon.

Hi Scandi :blowkiss:

I would think that whomever did this may have sustained some injuries themselves. They said there was a struggle but I do think they will probably find footprint impressions in the carpet where he probably stepped in her blood. Since there was a tussle I would think also fiber and hair evidence could be present.

I am not so sure that the husband did this. We have seen in the past five years other such agents be brutally murdered and it was done by a stranger.

The overkill method use to convince me it was someone known personally to the victim however after reading and hearing about other cases I have come to the conclusion that murder methods are becoming more vicious and way over the top. For instances we have Scott Dyleski who did not even know Pamela Vitale yet bludgeoned her 29 times in the head and many wounds inflicted to her body as well. Overkills no longer makes me automatically think of someone known to the victim.

Imo it may very well be someone that has watched her. Knew that she was alone there. Another real sicko creep that seems to be everywhere these days.

IMO

Ocean

close_enough said:
that's exactly what crossed my mind also....

didn't he also say that Sarah had been hit over the head with a stool/chair at some point in the past???...she had called him to pick her up at the hospital after it happened???.....seems to me that she felt comfortable with calling on him when 'bad' things happened...i'll be shocked if we find that he has anything to do with her murder.....i heard on some TV show that Sarah posted how much money she made a year, & even her full name on a dating site....sadly, such a horrible mistake...

I just couldnt believe she would do something so dangerous.

I dont think the ex did anything either. From the sound of it .......he was the one she still trusted as a friend.

Not all exs part ways as enemies.

IMO

Ocean

Not too long ago some expert on the Nancy Grace show said that a killer usually has to stab someone a lot of times in order to finally cause death. If that is true in this case, then he may have known her and was making sure she was dead. I think it is really odd that this beautiful successful woman was attacked right after her divorce and now she is murdered. Sounds like someone wanted to get rid of her.

concernedperson said:
This post was to address the hostess post. My God in heaven...I am half beaten to death and workng ungodly hours and I won't take my position as a hostess position. I sell, I maintain the sale and I close the property this is not a hostess.

If this is in reference to my post, let me clarify. I was a hostess. I do not have a real estate license. I did not sell, close or collect commissions. I was hired through a temp agency at $8 an hour to open the model, make cookies, coffee, keep brochures made up and greet visitors and ask them to fill out info cards that the sales people followed up on. I was a hostess, only. The sales people worked their butts off, I dressed up and smiled and sat, mostly. Hence, the $8 an hour. Not a bad retirement job, though, except for the bone-chilling fear of being alone in a huge empty house after dark.

oceanblueeyes said:
...we have Scott Dyleski who did not even know Pamela Vitale yet bludgeoned her 29 times in the head and many wounds inflicted to her body as well. Overkills no longer makes me automatically think of someone known to the victim.

Imo it may very well be someone that has watched her. Knew that she was alone there. Another real sicko creep that seems to be everywhere these days...
Wasn't Scott Dyleski a neighbor of Pamela Vitale? In addition, he had a motive. It wasn't a random murder.

I heard on television that Sarah was stabbed in the front and back. Mark Fuhrman said, because of this, she was the target of the murder. I believe that it was a very personal, rage killing; and the person knew her in some fashion. I don't believe that it was just someone 'watching her.' However, I could be wrong. ;)

I believe that we know that the motive wasn't robbery as none of her possessions were missing. Also, she wasn't raped. I really believe that it was someone she knew and who was very, very angry with her.

ETA: It's been said that there was a struggle. I wonder if there was any DNA at the scene besides her own; and I wonder if the murderer had any wounds from Sarah. I surely hope so.

Agatha said:
If this is in reference to my post, let me clarify. I was a hostess. I do not have a real estate license. I did not sell, close or collect commissions. I was hired through a temp agency at $8 an hour to open the model, make cookies, coffee, keep brochures made up and greet visitors and ask them to fill out info cards that the sales people followed up on. I was a hostess, only. The sales people worked their butts off, I dressed up and smiled and sat, mostly. Hence, the $8 an hour. Not a bad retirement job, though, except for the bone-chilling fear of being alone in a huge empty house after dark.

Thank you for the clarification. I was being overly sensitive. I had been beat up on all day because the contractors are running behind.

I was thinking about the murder and wonder if it wasn't random. When the 2 agents were murdered here the perp was a long way from his home area, He apparently was looking for an onsite agent and knew about new construction sites.

concernedperson said:
I don't understand that part of it. We have to maintain our licenses and we are required additional hours, memberships at a great cost,testing at every opportunity and then we sell. How can anyone just babysit? Not in my world.I am in Georgia if anyone forgot. It is tough and tougher. Granted there are housewives that pass the test and jump on for a few months but have no clue to the duration.And only think they will save themselves on a commission.Part time job it is not and if you represent a client you have a fiduciary responsibilty.

This post was to address the hostess post. My God in heaven...I am half beaten to death and workng ungodly hours and I won't take my position as a hostess position. I sell, I maintain the sale and I close the property this is not a hostess.
Well, we actually do hire "hostesses" to be exactly that. They meet and greet, show people around and are paid a daily rate.They are often paid a bonus at the sales agents discretion out of their own commission as the houses close; typically a couple hundred bucks. It's a huge asset to the agent to have a hostess and they are very valuable. The agents here like to show appreciation.But I think she is talking about a distinct position.

concernedperson said:
Thank you for the clarification. I was being overly sensitive. I had been beat up on all day because the contractors are running behind.
Oh concerned, I can feel your pain. I bet we could get together and have venting sessions!

I really feel like her ex husband had nothing to do with it. What would he have to gain? He had their son most of the time. He did well financially, and they seemed to have a friendly relationship. That doesn't excuse that he killed her, look at how Scott and Laci's relationship looked and they were married.
But I just don't really get the feeling on this guy... unless he's just that good!

nanandjim said:
Wasn't Scott Dyleski a neighbor of Pamela Vitale? In addition, he had a motive. It wasn't a random murder.

I heard on television that Sarah was stabbed in the front and back. Mark Fuhrman said, because of this, she was the target of the murder. I believe that it was a very personal, rage killing; and the person knew her in some fashion. I don't believe that it was just someone 'watching her.' However, I could be wrong. ;)

I believe that we know that the motive wasn't robbery as none of her possessions were missing. Also, she wasn't raped. I really believe that it was someone she knew and who was very, very angry with her.

ETA: It's been said that there was a struggle. I wonder if there was any DNA at the scene besides her own; and I wonder if the murderer had any wounds from Sarah. I surely hope so.

Yes he was but I highly doubt she had ever met him or knew him. Now about his motive.........man that is a tough one to even come up with. Frankly I think he is a psychopath.

It does seem like in this case that it may have been done by a woman perhaps. The mighty struggle would ensue imo if they were both of approximate weight and size and we know very well that female violence is on the rise. A male imo could restrain and subdue her much more quickly.

I do think however that they will make an arrest soon in this case. It probably is someone known to her or someone that had issues with her from afar and went there to confront.

I do think that the carpet will show shoe imprint of murderer which would tell them already if it was a woman's size shoe or a big heavy construction boot etc.

I believe there will be an arrest soon...maybe even as early as this weekend.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
I do think that the carpet will show shoe imprint of murderer which would tell them already if it was a woman's size shoe or a big heavy construction boot etc.

I believe there will be an arrest soon...maybe even as early as this weekend.

IMO

Ocean
Did they say that there was carpet? I'm just wondering, because tile is very popular now through out alot of down stairs. I don't know where she was murdered though- and like I said I wasn't sure if they had mentioned carpet. (just a thought)
As far as an arrest- are they on to something or someone?

CrimeHater said:
Did they say that there was carpet? I'm just wondering, because tile is very popular now through out alot of down stairs. I don't know where she was murdered though- and like I said I wasn't sure if they had mentioned carpet. (just a thought)
As far as an arrest- are they on to something or someone?
Well another thing to consider is that often there is no flooring at all. We leave it that way so the new home buyer can choose their own flooring styles. There may have been just concrete. Often we close on bare floor so the homebuyer can bring in their own flooring contractor and get a better deal on flooring too.

JBean said:
We keep security guards onsite. It's pretty effective IMO. Their presence alone is a deterrent.
So where were they when this happened?

I used to sell real estate too and can tell you I got myself into some pretty scary situations, too. You just never know.

englishleigh said:
I also found the ex-husband to be a tiny bit hinky. I watched a brief bit of the interview (my kids were in the room and I could not hear that well), but the way his eyes darted all around when he was answering Greta's questions kinda bothered me. Maybe I'm too jaded but IMO this was a passion killing and not one perped by a stranger. Sarah had too many stab wounds. This reminds me of the murder of Pamela Vitale and how some of us thought it was Daniel who did it, and it turned out to be that freaky neighbor boy, but this ex just kinda made me wonder.
I heard that the divorce was very friendly. They used one atty and he said he didn't really have to learn much about them as they came in with everything agreed on. It doesn't sound like the ex had a motive.

englishleigh said:
My husband and I are considering doing this together. He is getting his real estate license right now and I'm considering getting mine later on and working with him...he said if we do this he will always accompany me to show homes for this very reason. Real estate agents and especially female ones are so very vulnerable.
It is better to work in teams, but do you remember that case several years ago where the female agent was showing a buyer a very exclusive home and the guy turned out to be armed and robbed them all. I don't recall all the details but she was hurt and left for dead, I think, and the others were killed. They made a movie about it and the aftermath of her dealing with all the emotions and fears. Elizabeth Montgomery played the agent.

Goody said:
So where were they when this happened?

I used to sell real estate too and can tell you I got myself into some pretty scary situations, too. You just never know.
Where are my security guards? I keep them onsite during the evening once construction begins, and then 24/7 once there is sales staff onsite.
Our guards come through the models on a pretty regular basis. I certainly don't think this is a complete enough solution but it is a start.

I keep a small office for myself close to home so they i don;t have to go over the Ortega Highway regualrly where my other partners are. Even though I am in a very nice area of town, I keep my front office door locked all the time. My business neighbors tease me, but just like a model home, it doesn't take long for someone to figure out my pattern and know I am alone in my office. I always lock myself in.

close_enough said:
i didn't find anything odd about the ex, last night on Greta.....i think this is going to be some freak Sarah met on the internet dating sites....
I think some guy came in off the street looking for purses to steal from and didn't get out before she caught him. Then he freaked and killed her. Could have even been someone contracted or employed by other contractors working the site, who knew noon on sundays would be a good time to hit. We had a problem in Nashville with theft at open houses and state offices have problems with the same thing. These people are swift, know where to look, get in and out without notice, and rarely ever get caught. Pure speculation though. Just a thought on what might have happened.

JBean said:
Where are my security guards? I keep them onsite during the evening once construction begins, and then 24/7 once there is sales staff onsite.
Your lucky that you have that... I work in a neighborhood that Horton sales in as well, and I know neither of our companys offer that. I'm not saying thats the case in McKinney- but it seems like there wasn't one or this may have been prevented.

I think it was on Greta that I heard Sara's sister talking. Evidently the ex is getting remarried soon and she's 15 or so years younger. What do we know about this woman if anything? The sister also made remarks about the ex making some comments about Sara dating men 15 years younger as a "jab". Hmmmm. Anyone else hear this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back