GUILTY TX - Sarah Walker, 40, stabbed to death in McKinney model home, 8 July 2006

CrimeHater said:
Your lucky that you have that... I work in a neighborhood that Horton sales in as well, and I know neither of our companys offer that. I'm not saying thats the case in McKinney- but it seems like there wasn't one or this may have been prevented.
Well, part of the reason i am willing to have it is because I got my start selling on the tracts and know how dangerous it is.
Along with my own tracts and development i do a lot of consulting for bigger builders here. This is one thing i always recommend they take very seriously. I have seen builders ignore my advice and had the models completely robbed clean right under their noses. they get security now. But for my own tracts, it's a no brainer, they all have security and i is budgeted right into the construction loan.

The sad thing is I think a lot of builders are more interested in security to keep thieves from stealing appliances than they are interested in protecting the sales staff.

I am not implying this is sufficient, but it does act as a deterrent.

oceanblueeyes said:
I would think that whomever did this may have sustained some injuries themselves.
Agreed. If he stabbed her multiple times, his hands should have cuts on them. Almost always do.

oceanblueeyes said:
The overkill method use to convince me it was someone known personally to the victim however after reading and hearing about other cases I have come to the conclusion that murder methods are becoming more vicious and way over the top. For instances we have Scott Dyleski who did not even know Pamela Vitale yet bludgeoned her 29 times in the head and many wounds inflicted to her body as well. Overkills no longer makes me automatically think of someone known to the victim........

IMO

Ocean
Also agree. Do you remember the guy who followed a woman into the rest room at a rest stop and stabbed her multiple times? He meant to rob her and rape her and she fought back. The employees in the fast food place heard her screams and kept him in the rest room until police arrived. (His hands were all cut up, too.)

Goody said:
Agreed. If he stabbed her multiple times, his hands should have cuts on them. Almost always do.

Also agree. Do you remember the guy who followed a woman into the rest room at a rest stop and stabbed her multiple times? He meant to rob her and rape her and she fought back. The employees in the fast food place heard her screams and kept him in the rest room until police arrived. (His hands were all cut up, too.)

OMG Goody I sure do remember that case.

Unfortunately no longer killing someone in some type of overkill means they are known to the victim. We are living in very scary times.

Has there been any updates. I read they had narrowed down the list of suspect to around 6 and they weren't excluding a female.

IMO

Ocean

Sassygerl said:
I think it was on Greta that I heard Sara's sister talking. Evidently the ex is getting remarried soon and she's 15 or so years younger. What do we know about this woman if anything? The sister also made remarks about the ex making some comments about Sara dating men 15 years younger as a "jab". Hmmmm. Anyone else hear this?

I saw that Sassy I didn't take it as a "jab" but just what she had told him. He himself is marrying someone 15 years his junior. It seems she was still close friends with her ex-hubby. Isn't he the one she called from the hospital when she said someone struck her over the head with a chair? I am sure the police have the report on that. It is very strange it seems someone was stalking her and coming into her home when she wasn't there.

Wonder if it was some spurned lover or a jealous g/f or wife of one of the guys she had dated.

Someone earlier today posted the thought it could be a woman, after all!~ I've been thinking about that this afternoon and it sounds entirely possible.

Wish they'd realease some good info, like forensic details. It always takes awhile for the autopsy report, but I'd like to know if the stab wounds were pre or post mortem.

Scandi

She had a son from another marriage that she rarely saw. That is so sad, for everyone.

A lot of background information on her in this article.She seemed to be quite the high roller.

I wonder if one of these younger guys that she had dated was just unstable. If she was 40 that would make a couple of her "dates" 25 . If they were looking for a sugar mama as she implied, maybe one of them was just a bad guy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/071606dnccowalker.1267f92.html

The day she died, Mr. Tate came by her new home in Frisco early in the morning to pick up Josh. It was their normal routine.
While Josh was still sleeping, the two talked about how Ms. Walker had recently dated men who were 15 years younger than her and were looking for her to support them, Mr. Tate said in other media reports.

>>.snip<<

A son rarely seen

Born in Dubuque, Iowa, Ms. Walker moved around the country for much of her childhood. Joe Walker, a Kmart executive, nicknamed his eldest daughter "motor mouth."

"She always talked," said younger sister Jackie Mull. "That was just her."

Ms. Walker liked to do things for other people – in grand style. When her younger brother was in the seventh grade, she decorated his locker and filled it with candy to celebrate his birthday.

After Ms. Walker graduated from Berkner High School in Richardson in 1983, she landed a job leasing apartments in North Dallas. Apartments quickly turned into houses as Ms. Walker realized that real estate was a good way to make money.

At 23, Ms. Walker married her first husband, Mort Mohaddes, a longtime love interest. They had a son named Alex. But the marriage broke up after five years. Young Alex and his father, who could not be reached for comment, moved out of state. Ms. Walker would rarely see her son.

"I think there was a lot of pain there," Ms. Citelli said. "It wasn't a subject that came up often."

Alex, now 15, did not attend his mother's funeral on Thursday, said Ms. Walker's brother, Joe Walker

That is so sad that her oldest son did not attend her funeral.

Whatever happened between them to cause that, I am sure that fifteen-year old has some baggage to carry...

Her life seems to have been unraveling very quickly in the last few months--divorce, the alleged attack, etc...

Tonight, America's Most Wanted profiled Sarah's murder. Let's hope and pray that the McKinney police get the leads they need to catch her killer.

Kaelee

JBean said:
Where are my security guards? I keep them onsite during the evening once construction begins, and then 24/7 once there is sales staff onsite.
Our guards come through the models on a pretty regular basis. I certainly don't think this is a complete enough solution but it is a start.

I keep a small office for myself close to home so they i don;t have to go over the Ortega Highway regularly where my other partners are. Even though I am in a very nice area of town, I keep my front office door locked all the time. My business neighbors tease me, but just like a model home, it doesn't take long for someone to figure out my pattern and know I am alone in my office. I always lock myself in.

I remember being at my place of business by myself late one day and a man came up wanting to see one of our model homes...I said of course. We walked out there and when we enter the living room he closed the door behind us. I stood there so taken aback but managed to muster "we keep all doors open please except storm doors" and I immediately opened it backup wide. I tried to push back the fear I had and continued on to the main areas of the kitchen ,sun-room, den, dining room etc. but he kept asking me "lets look at the bedrooms.. I like big bedrooms." Second by second I felt my fear rising. I told him "listen I am not feeling well, I am going to step outside and get some fresh air.. please feel free to look through the home and let me know if you have any questions".

I immediately went back into my business and locked all the doors and called the police. He did come to the door but left thankfully once he realized it was locked. The police went through the home and on the kitchen island lay a box cutter with the razor out and locked. It totally freaked me out. After then I made a rule none of my agents would show homes alone and there would also be at least two in the business office at all times. I have an equal amount of female employees as I do males so it works out great.

We also have panic buttons and all homes have security systems.

We live in scary times.

IMO

Ocean

I don't think that the husband did it either. Sounds like they both put their son first and had a good relationship.

It sounds like someone that had at least met her as he didn't take anything and she wasn't raped. I guess it could have been a "thrill kill" but I would bet it will end up being someone that she had dated and dumped or someone she met through one of the dating services who she had decided not to see after she met him or she dated him a couple times and that was it. Maybe he was one looking for a Suger Mama and she didn't want to play that game.

Her ex-husband must have had the little boy so much because of her long hours. She probably spent quality time with him when she could and on her days off. In this day and age when single women have to work they just have to do the best that they can. She might not have liked not seeing her son more but with the work she did it probably couldn't be helped. She was so lucky that she had a good relationship with the ex...especially for the boy's sake. That is great.

Sitting back and thinking about this, as we know relatively little at this point, I think the number of stab wounds tells the tale, and anger might have been the motive:

a} It could have been a female who was so threatened by Sarah that she had to make her disappear. An even match physically, it might have taken all 27 wounds to make sure she was dead for sure. She probably chased Sarah through the main floor lunging at her when she had the chance, and when Sarah was wounded and could no longer run away or fight anymore, her attacker plunged the knife in over and over to make sure she was really dead.

b} It could have been a man, rebuked by Sarah and told to leave her alone. He might have wanted her very badly and saw she was going out with younger men and said to himself, if I can't have her, no one will. He showed up, tried to put his arm around her or kiss her and she went balistic on him. She was working and a client could walk in at any minute and it made her very angry to have to be put in this position and now worry about how to get rid of him.

I think he pulled a knife out of his belt and held it to her throat and she ducked, trying to grab his hand, and instead her nails were suddenly running down his throat. He started stabbing her, and after she was down, he knelt down beside her crying, as he repeatedly jammed the knife into her body.

She was pretty, a lively and a busy gal who had gained some success and had learned to feel the own power in her being. Whoever raised their hand to put her down, had to have felt the back end of that power she felt in her life. Wanting a second chance in life with a new guy, and feeling she was worthy and a good catch, she made someone so angry they were on a mission to kill her.

The only other factor I can think of that would raise someone to the heights of emotion to need to kill her, would involve money. I just can't see that she had screwed someone over so badly financially that they would come to her work, pull a knife on her that they would have had to bring to the scene and take her life away.

It has to be a hot anger that revolved around a love angle or money, and I vote for love.

Always ;)

Scandi

Ocean, your story sent a shiver right down my back as I read it. Thank god you had the common sense to do what you did. And am so glad you missed out on that close call! Whew! I sold real estate for 16 years, and can think of so many agents who would have happily gone up to show him the master suite!~

I was so lucky. I couldn't tell you how many open houses I held as an agent. But they weren't usually new development homes in a planned subdivision, but rather resale homes.

But now sitting back and thinking of what I used to do, when the art of the sale was all I really thought about, if I knew then what I know now, I certainly would have taken some precautions to protect myself. Had a little bottle of mace in my bra or a keyfob to activate the hostage setting on the alarm system. I was a working girl and could never have been able to afford a secretary.

Scandi

It wouldn't suprise me if the person who killed her isn't the one who hit her over the head with a chair. That is a very violent thing to do so someone and could kill a person. Whoever did the stabbing must have disabled her at first with the beating.

i have not read through the last posts of this thread, so this might have already been posted.

the headline in the case in today's (sunday) paper said this lady lived quite a life and left plenty of people the police will have to question!

in my older age i have a hard time reading the tiny newspaper print in the actual article until i have been up a couple of hours, but i might try to find this on dallasnews.com and report back.

I saw Greta too, and he did make a plug for the trust fund...it had nothing to do with her relatives' fight over the commissions. He wanted the contact info made public on national tv.

I also worked as a weekend hostess for nominal pay...just as a lark after we had signed our contract for the same builder. I saw it as an opportunity to meet my new neighbors who were coming in to pick out their colors/tile/flooring.

not a lot of the latest dallas morning news article. said she liked the finer things in life and was spontaneous and had a very wide circle of friends.

mostly construction in the area she was selling these homes, although population nearby. still wonder if it was a construction worker that had developed a "crush" on her, but she blew him off since she wanted a millionaire.

izzyB said:
not a lot of the latest dallas morning news article. said she liked the finer things in life and was spontaneous and had a very wide circle of friends.

mostly construction in the area she was selling these homes, although population nearby. still wonder if it was a construction worker that had developed a "crush" on her, but she blew him off since she wanted a millionaire.

This is what is so hard to track down when you have a victim that came in contact with so many different types of people. The construction crews continually come by, the strangers who are potential customers and then I am sure that Sarah was very generous to her "friends and acquaintances". It is common for those who spend outlandish amounts of money to continually pick up huge bar tabs and restaurant visits. Many are not the friend the person thinks they are but are users and hanger-ons. It can attract a very seed crowd of deadbeats.

Has it been stated how many of these 27 stab wounds were defensive wounds? If some are slices instead of stabs it tends to make me think whomever was doing this was getting a "run for their money" in subduing her. It just seems to me that a male would have been able to lunge the knife into her vital areas without all the struggle beforehand.

Imo the killer knew he/she was in a model home where someone could walk in so imo if it were a male they would have done this quickly. It also makes me wonder did this person know that at 1:30 Sarah had customers coming?

I still cant see a motive for the ex-husband doing this.

IMO

Ocean

txsvicki said:
It wouldn't suprise me if the person who killed her isn't the one who hit her over the head with a chair. That is a very violent thing to do so someone and could kill a person. Whoever did the stabbing must have disabled her at first with the beating.

Has it been said that the beating was done with fists or with an object?

Thanks.

Ocean

scandi said:
Ocean, your story sent a shiver right down my back as I read it. Thank god you had the common sense to do what you did. And am so glad you missed out on that close call! Whew! I sold real estate for 16 years, and can think of so many agents who would have happily gone up to show him the master suite!~

I was so lucky. I couldn't tell you how many open houses I held as an agent. But they weren't usually new development homes in a planned subdivision, but rather resale homes.

But now sitting back and thinking of what I used to do, when the art of the sale was all I really thought about, if I knew then what I know now, I certainly would have taken some precautions to protect myself. Had a little bottle of mace in my bra or a keyfob to activate the hostage setting on the alarm system. I was a working girl and could never have been able to afford a secretary.

Scandi

Thank you Scandi.

I think back how many years we all walked alone in those homes with no protection at all. It was just normal now due to our ever changing world we have realized it was such a foolish thing to do. I guess this creep just made my gut instincts kick in. I noticed right off he seemed more interested in looking at my body than paying attention to what I was trying to inform him about the home but when he shut that damn door......that was it! LOL

We had another real estate owner that was found stabbed to death in his office. He too was alone there. They never did find the suspect and that was over 5 years ago.

But little by little we are getting smarter but the sad thing about it so are the bad people.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Has it been said that the beating was done with fists or with an object?

Thanks.

Ocean

i have not read or seen any media reports in the local dallas/ft. worth area that have disclosed this, but i am not watching the national programs like greta, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back