TX TX - Selena Kuykendall & 5 other unsolved homicides in Lubbock, 1999-2007

If the four women that were found were stun gunned, i wonder if the killer has a disability of some sort that impedes his movement at all. Using the stun gun would prevent his victims from running away until they recovered from the electrical shock. I've not heard of this stun gun method before; it's not like he is walking up to them with ether on a hankie.. If he has something wrong with his legs, then he wouldn't be able to chase them well, and it would also throw some suspicion from him as the killer. He might even lure his victims with it..

I don't know if the murder victims were stun gunned, but several women who were raped were stunned before being bound and gagged. There was no mention of him being disabled. These women were taken from the same areas of town as that the last woman who was murdered frequented.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/080507/loc_080507050.shtml

Police still seek key evidence to solve Harrelson's murder, Merimon's disappearance
Much of the police investigation has focused around the one suspect - a man who worked as the director of risk management at Lubbock State School and who has been on paid administrative leave from the school for roughly a year.

The man told police that he snuck away from work without anyone knowing because he was embarrassed that he had defecated in his pants, according to police documents. The man had called in sick the day prior to the women's disappearance and also called in sick the day after Merimon and Harrelson disappeared.

...A look into the potential suspect's past reveals a man with a history of abuse and an appetite for bizarre sexual activity.

Now there is a new one! "I was too busy pooping my pants to kidnap those ladies!"
Article doesn't mention the pervert's name. I'm sure he has been named somewhere, anybody know? Must be hard for a perv like him to stay on the right side of the law for any length of time. Wonder what he has been up to lately?

Susan

No, they haven't named him yet, but there's not much doubt that he's involved. The Lubbock State School is for people with mental retardation and developmental disabilities and they've been under investigation by the Feds for abuse and neglect, including many deaths.

Here's another news link - both Harrelson and Merimon worked at the school:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Peggy Merimon, 61, and 51-year-old Kay Harrelson, worked at Lubbock State School and were last seen getting into a car with an unidentified white man on Aug. 9.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Harrelson's body was found Aug. 20 in a ditch southwest of Shallowater. Investigators with the Lubbock County Medical Examiner's Office still have not released her cause of death. Merimon still has not been located.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Detectives last month extensively interviewed a state school employee in connection with the women and searched his home and vehicle.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Police still have not named a suspect in either case and are still waiting for lab results, Sgt. Jeff Baker said.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Searches for Merimon continue, but Baker said there are few parts of the Lubbock area that have not been combed for evidence.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]This is Kay Harrelson's Obituary[/FONT]

This is the first I've heard about the suspect being in risk management. I read in earlier posts on the local newspaper forum and I believe also in the newspaper that the suspect was the long time employee who made the keys for the school. One person on that forum even posted mosted of the letters in his name but I don't know if it was correct or not. If the murderer left no physical evidence, and has a bizarre violent sexual appetite, then I have to wonder if there is some connection to the unsolved murders of other Lubbock women who were found laying deceased on outskirts of town.

That guy from the state school is still on paid leave after almost a year? How the heck does that work? Is he still pooping all over himself or what? Just because the creep is a suspect in Kay and Peggy's case doesn't mean that the school should hold his job open for him...with pay...for almost a year. I've never heard of anything like that.

I wonder if it is the same guy who has murdered all of the other women. He dumped Kay which is the same pattern as the other women but he has hidden Peggy somewhere. I don't understand why he didn't just dump Peggy too. At least her family could have found her. I think he took Peggy to another town as LE said that Lubbick has been searched. It's hard to tell though.

Maybe this is the killer and the day that Peggy and Kay disappeared he had the impulse to rape and murder and he knew that they would go with him "to lunch." Maybe they were more convienent then to go looking for a lone woman somewhere. He was probably really excited about getting two of them at one time too.

I don't know if I can do this because I don't know alot about posting.
However I save word pad files on some cases that bother me and I run across this information concerning the person of interest in Kay and Peggy's case.
Police on Friday released a sketch of the man. He`s described as a white male in his early 50`s with gray hair and a beard. He was wearing round eyeglasses with a double-bar over the nose. Witnesses also told police that the man appeared unkempt.
Witnesses at the school say they saw the man pick the women up. Both seemed to voluntarily get inside the car.
Person Of Interest Questioned in Missing Women Case
Several tips helped lead police to a person of interest in the missing women investigation. It was over a week ago when Peggy Merimon and Kay Harrelson went to lunch at the Lubbock State School. Both women were last seen getting into an old gray or white sedan with a man that looked like what police artist sketch.
Police did confirm with NewsChannel 11 that the man they interviewed also matched this description. The interview lasted two hours, but the man was let go and is not yet being called a suspect. Police could not confirm if the man was employed by the State School but they do say they served a search warrant on a matching vehicle, which they are now running tests for DNA.
Days after the women disappeared, police issued a sketch of the man witnesses say Harrelson and Merimon got into a car with. A man matching the description was later questioned as a person of interest. Now, we're learning more about that person. A Lubbock judge approved two search warrants last week, one for a home and another for a car. NewsChannel 11 has copies of both. The man in question is an employee at the Lubbock State School.
In the papers, a witness identified the man from the police sketch, and his statements have inconsistencies when compared to other evidence. The man in question told police he knew both Merimon and Harrelson from working with them at the school. In fact, the man says he spoke with both women around 9:30 the morning they disappeared.
He told police he left the state school between 12:30 and 12:45 that afternoon. He says he was sure of the time and was sick for the rest of the day. He had already called in sick the day before and then called in sick the day after. On the day of the disappearance, he says he went home alone. Surveillance cameras at his home tell a different story. They show the man arriving at the entrance to his complex at 12:03, around a half hour before he told police he left the school and only eight minutes after a witness says she saw him leaving the school. The cameras also show a person in the passenger seat when he arrived home.
Police searched the man's home, and a 1991 Pontiac Grand Am, not found at the residence. They took bedding, clothing, and a computer from the home, and several items from the car. According to the search warrant, the man told police that Merimon and Harrelson had been to his home within the last two months, but police were not able to verify that.

I hope Lubbock is looking for a serial killer before it's too late. I keep thinking back to Baton Rouge, when Derrick Todd Lee killed and raped women for 10 years before he was caught. And he wasn't caught because no one, including the FBI thought that there was a black serial killer killing white women. Thank goodness he left his DNA behind.

Someone in Lubbock is killing these women and dumping them. And as in the Lee case, someone may have seen something but didn't think it was important.

Anybody remember Jennifer Servo, found murdered in Abilene, Texas?

http://www.justiceforjennifer.org/

Anybody remember Jennifer Servo, found murdered in Abilene, Texas?

http://www.justiceforjennifer.org/

Yes AdoraBlue, I have followed that case since it happened. I have been told by a police source that her former boyfriend-turned-stalker is probably the perp but not enough direct evidence to prove it. I am definitly a police supporter, but IMO, LE here in Abilene are not very experienced in investigating and prosecuting this type of crime. I wish they would be more aggressive. I don't like saying that, makes me feel like a traitor!One thing that bothers me is that if the ex did it, I think he would have run in to more trouble with the law since the murder. People who are capable of that level of obsession and rage can't just lose it once and stop IMO. I guess there are exceptions, look at OJ. He hasn't done it again...yet.Wonder what he is doing now...anyone know how to track him down? He is a former navy SEAL I think.

Please take a look at this thread, too. There are many women from this area of texas whose bodies are being found dumped or who are still missing.

Wonder if she ran across the trucker from Houston with the dead woman in his cab? Here's the thread:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=69315
His name is Collin Allen Prewitt. 31 yrs. old from Highland, tx. (near Houston). Wonder how often he makes it up to Lubbock?
Looks to me as if this guy just hadn't dumped her yet. The woman officially died of an overdose, but the dude was comfortable enough with being around a dead body to make a 10 hour delivery run with the corpse in the cab with him. Sumpthin' stinks!

Susan

I don't know. A truck stop is on the East side of town. I have read that dna from two of the women shows to be a Hispanic man, but haven't heard anything else or about dna in the other murders.

I recall someone mentioning that some women in Texas were murdered just after being interviewed by a reporter. Txsvicki, I wonder if you remember this? Or anyone? There are many things in common here with homicides in Alberta. My poi has a friend that is a reporter and has family in Texas where he travels to on a regular basis. I also wonder why so many posters are banned that are posting on Texas homicides. This also happened on the Project Kare website. I think there might be a connection.

I recall someone mentioning that some women in Texas were murdered just after being interviewed by a reporter. Txsvicki, I wonder if you remember this? Or anyone? There are many things in common here with homicides in Alberta. My poi has a friend that is a reporter and has family in Texas where he travels to on a regular basis. I also wonder why so many posters are banned that are posting on Texas homicides. This also happened on the Project Kare website. I think there might be a connection.

Yes, I remember that a missing girl here (Jennifer Wilkerson) had been interviewed at the smoke shop where she worked and one of the murdered girls had been interviewed about prostitution I believe. I can't remember which girl is was though, but I thought it was odd. It was one of the two who were found lying dead outside of town. I don't know anything about anyone being banned that are also interested in the Texas homicides.

YET ANOTHER woman with links to prostitution has been attacked. She was hit in the head and is in bad condition on a ventilator. She was able to say that a white male did this to her.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/111508/loc_356238454.shtml#mdw-comments

Did you see one of the comments? If the poster is for real then.. yikes

"Posted by: txscrazzyv at Nov. 15, 2008 at 7:35:32 pm

I'm glad that the woman's profession was mentioned. This helps know that the women are still in danger in this town and prostitutes may be a target. I wish they'd tell the age of the man. I reported a nut that had targeted me, a housewife and showed violence when rebuffed. Seemed to think I'm a hooker. The police threatened to arrest me if I didn't shut up my complaints. Women aren't treated right in this town. Good luck catching the freak doing this to the women."

Did you see one of the comments? If the poster is for real then.. yikes

"Posted by: txscrazzyv at Nov. 15, 2008 at 7:35:32 pm

I'm glad that the woman's profession was mentioned. This helps know that the women are still in danger in this town and prostitutes may be a target. I wish they'd tell the age of the man. I reported a nut that had targeted me, a housewife and showed violence when rebuffed. Seemed to think I'm a hooker. The police threatened to arrest me if I didn't shut up my complaints. Women aren't treated right in this town. Good luck catching the freak doing this to the women."

Yes. Some commentors got angry that prostitution was mentioned, but if it helps alert some of the other women by reporting then it's good.

It's very important when the public is made aware of what type of victims a serial killer is targeting.
In the case of Arthur Shawcross, LE also "employed" some prostitutes to cry and catch their killer. (so at least the prostitutes were aware they were being targeted and can be extra vigilante).

"I reported a nut that had targeted me, a housewife and showed violence when rebuffed. Seemed to think I'm a hooker. The police threatened to arrest me if I didn't shut up my complaints."

(from my post above #37; a comment a local had posted related to the linked article)

My concern in posting this woman's comment was that the local police do not seem to be taking her seriously when she was targeted by a nut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back